An ultimate mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

I am very new to this and have only just started downloading mods and all the mods i tried were good but in the same way they all had some thing missing like it would be great, in my opinion if RJ_rotwk had minifactions or the last alliance mod had a campaign. So my idea is that why not make a big mod with all the main eras of middle earth not just one part of its history i.e. the war of the ring. As a lot of these mods have already been developed just not to the greatest standard

This would include all 3 ages plus dagor dagorath and an all in one sectionm i do have a design idea for this but that depends on the responses

I know this idea may be impractical and improberable but it is still in my opinion a great idea

keeping making great mods ^_^ RJ mod 10/10 :p

Edited by Britainnia007, 16 July 2008 - 01:07 PM.

#2 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

to make loong story short :
What you suggest, cant happen in 99,9% of cases, would be interesting, but no, im sorry for dissapointing you ^_^
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#3 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

I am very new to this and have only just started downloading mods and all the mods i tried were good but in the same way they all had some thing missing like it would be great, in my opinion if RJ_rotwk had minifactions or the last alliance mod had a campaign. So my idea is that why not make a big mod with all the main eras of middle earth not just one part of its history i.e. the war of the ring. As a lot of these mods have already been developed just not to the greatest standard

This would include all 3 ages plus dagor dagorath and an all in one sectionm i do have a design idea for this but that depends on the responses

I know this idea may be impractical and improberable but it is still in my opinion a great idea

keeping making great mods ^_^ RJ mod 10/10 :p

There's already a mod that covers all the ages, it's called "The Wars of Arda". So far, they're only finished with 1 era (the WotR), so there's a lot of work ahead...

Their site is warsofarda.co.uk though it's under construction atm...

Edited by dojob, 16 July 2008 - 02:32 PM.

Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#4 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

I have seen the wars of arda mod already but the problem is that a lot of it is not to the standard of the RJ mod plus they have missed out some wars that i would have tried to include

#5 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

Well, that's the only mod out there that comes even close to what you want, and what do you mean a lower standard from RJ? I know the forums and activity have been in bad shape, but that's more because of the constant forum problems. IDK how many times we've switched forums for that mod...

Edited by dojob, 16 July 2008 - 02:41 PM.

Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#6 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

What i mean is that Rj has started a campaign which shows to how much effort plus many of the skins, heros and new faction designs are a lot better than the wars of arda mod and i also do know that it may be the closed to what im after im just trying to expand that idea

#7 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

What i mean is that Rj has started a campaign which shows to how much effort plus many of the skins, heros and new faction designs are a lot better than the wars of arda mod and i also do know that it may be the closed to what im after im just trying to expand that idea

but WoA, takes much more work from this point on, since they want to cover up all ages, plus what about new factions, campaing etc, i think that you are not fully apriciating theyre hard work.
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

#8 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

I didnt mean to make that impression if i have i am sorry modders must have work excendingly hard to get where some of these mods are and i think i worded what i meant to say wrongly my origanl idea was that because lots of people have made different mod for different eras i was just wondering if you could combine the mods with one master mod if you get what i mean and if your allowed

for example War of the ring = Origianl battle for middle earth 2( seperate program) + Fellowships journey(RJ_mod) + Battles of Gondor mod

Can u see what i mean

#9 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:16 PM

I see, but that won't be possible unless you'd mod it all together. So it's not nearly as easy as it sounds.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#10 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

I understand it may not be easy but it has to easier than starting from scratch and building up a mod that way

#11 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

No, it wouldn't.

All the mod leaders would have to donate a lot of their original stuff (which most of them would flat out refuse to do) and all the coding would have to be done, and all the mod leaders would argue about how, and stuff like that.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#12 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Mapping Team
  •  Loremaster

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

Ahh our old nemesis pride strikes again.

It would never work b/c you'd have to get them all to work together, and nobody would let go of their stuff and let somebody else have credit. It would be a better world if people didn't care about the credit, but it's not. So it is a nice dream but unless men start becoming angels it won't happen. You can be sure of three things in life, that people will be prideful, that you will die, and there will be taxes.

#13 myster

myster
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:01 AM

not entirely true :sad2: if you live in monaco, it''s tax free :xcahik_:

#14 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

can somebody tell me when can i get an original mod wars of arda i just have demo

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#15 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Google - Wars of Arda dl/download - scroll, click, click, scroll, click, wait 5 seconds for the site to load or click, click the download button, set the path where you want to download the WoA mod, click - wait till it dls
enjoy

#16 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

im very confused about this myrdin can u send me link in email pls

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#17 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

i did fear that people might of had enough pride to not agree with each over a mod like that moving on now ive been waiting for the rj 1.06 version to come out but i was wondering when it would come out

Also on the Last alliance mod i downloaded it and it says there is a khazad-dum faction but when i go on the mod it is not there is there a way to resolve this

Edited by Britainnia007, 17 July 2008 - 12:38 PM.

#18 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

im very confused about this myrdin can u send me link in email pls

i was just joking with that :xcahik_:

the thing is, the full wersion is not yet released, if you look at theyre main site, its like this http://www.warsofarda.co.uk/
saing " be back soon " maybe the team has holidays, dunno

#19 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

when can i get more than demo demo its not so good too pink pictures i dont like this

#20 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

I don't actually agree with Aridor, I believe the main issue is more technical then... philosophical? To take parts from each mod and put them into one grand mod, whilst also coding all of it and choosing the best from each would take a lot of time. Not many would be prepared to do this. And it would also require people to choose what comes from each mod; people aren't as negative as Aridor's made out, but it's a matter of time and effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users