#21 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

when can i get more than demo demo its not so good too pink pictures i dont like this

You must've installed it wrong, then. Could you tell me which version you have and how you installed it?
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#22 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

Time would be a problem because i know making a mod takes ages but in my opinion if the mod was made really good including all the things in my origianl statement and if the mod leaders agreed on a basic design but the great thing about this is that if the modders were given a particualar section of the big mod like the last alliance they could make it unique and still gain equal credit

Edited by Britainnia007, 17 July 2008 - 06:45 PM.

#23 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:50 PM

im get demo version in two instalations one for instal in rotwk directory and second in documents and settings...im download wars of arda the return of shadow(demo)

Edited by andrej, 17 July 2008 - 06:51 PM.

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#24 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Mapping Team
  •  Loremaster

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

Clearly puppet you are right there. The issue is twofold. The biggest being of course the technical issue and second being getting people to work together.

#25 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

Andrej, you can only have Wars of Arda installed, no other mods. You have other mods, it won't work. It will have pink and purple and invisible units. Uninstall RotWK and delete all accounts, maps, etc. Then reinstall and download WoA. Easy as pie. And there is only one WoA release out now, as they are working on the site and can't get the next one out for a little.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#26 Guest_Fan_*

Guest_Fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

Quite honestly, I would love to see all the mod's work together or at least allow all assets to be combined for one giant mod with all of the different eras/factions. I've seen enough content across the mods on the site to cover almost anything you could want. I can live without CaHs for the factions and the little the faction image. I for one would love to see everything pulled together. **Imagining RJ, AoM, Four_Ages, Lauria's, etc. all together, each with their own factions within one mod****

#27 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

Quite honestly, I would love to see all the mod's work together or at least allow all assets to be combined for one giant mod with all of the different eras/factions. I've seen enough content across the mods on the site to cover almost anything you could want. I can live without CaHs for the factions and the little the faction image. I for one would love to see everything pulled together. **Imagining RJ, AoM, Four_Ages, Lauria's, etc. all together, each with their own factions within one mod****

Thank you at least someone can see what my idea would be worth to people and i already said in the first post that this might be improberable and impractical but it is a great idea

technical wise all you would need is a switchboard type beginning with the listed eras i mentioned then these eras go to the mods which has been connected to the swichboard i.e. Battles of Gondor mod as war in the south.

And then after the first release all these indervidual mods could be upgraded as they are now,in there own modding teams, but the folder would go into the big mod folder replacing the old Battles of Gondor(war in the South, an example) The only thing would be a person who would organise these mods into what i have just said above

And i am not a puppet AA IP'er

#28 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

Andrej, you can only have Wars of Arda installed, no other mods. You have other mods, it won't work. It will have pink and purple and invisible units. Uninstall RotWK and delete all accounts, maps, etc. Then reinstall and download WoA. Easy as pie. And there is only one WoA release out now, as they are working on the site and can't get the next one out for a little.

o nice :(

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” Ayrton Senna

#29 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

What you going on about?

I don't see it as being a good idea. Your explanation of a switchboard makes it appear to really be just play all mods once you downloaded them, by loading from one directory/menu. In otherwards, to me it sounds as if you want shortcuts.

Edited by Puppeteer, 18 July 2008 - 11:32 AM.

#30 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

Throwing EVERY LAST GOOD MODDER togather on a SINGLE MOD TEAM is NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!! Do you even realize how many arguements over who's skins, codes, and models would be used would ensue?!?!?!? It would be WWIII that would kill the BFME modding community!!!!!

And andrej, it's simple, press uninstall. It will bring up a screen asking if you wish to do so. Say yes. It will bring up a screen asking you if you want to delete your accounts, files, maps, etc., say yes. Reinstall the game and download the mod when it comes out and if you don't like a mod... DO NOT expect them to actually implement your changes as nobody pays attention to noobs. If you want to see the worst, go to the Moddb page for Lauri's "The Fourth Age (great mod by the way, thanks Lauri!)."

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 18 July 2008 - 02:05 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#31 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

yea im sorry but this idea is tantamount to ending world hunger; it sounds good on paper, but its not practical and will most likely never happen.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

You're so harsh to people, CIL ;) if ur ideas are reasonable, possible, and generally good, then they'll take them. So, Andrej, follow CIL's advice except get the demo again and then make feedback so that they can improve the mod and make the final version all the better. The more people providing feedback the better.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#33 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

Naa, I just yell. I meen to sound like a shit, but I really don't act that way to people who treat me ok. So far, there is only a small list of people who I dislike to a degree. And it isn't anyone on this forum. However, I go especially nuts when people go off and post random topics when there are already forums for it. It's obvious idiocy. I enjoy being brutally honest, but it is often at the expense of others. Can someone close the topic? It's pointless.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 18 July 2008 - 04:39 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#34 andrej

andrej
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

ja write im unistall witch-king and woa too install back again what im see assain:(
im reemove all files and mods and install again say assain pink pictures whatever im not so angry i have wote and rj-rotwk dont care

Edited by andrej, 19 July 2008 - 10:53 AM.

#35 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

What you going on about?

I don't see it as being a good idea. Your explanation of a switchboard makes it appear to really be just play all mods once you downloaded them, by loading from one directory/menu. In otherwards, to me it sounds as if you want shortcuts.

Throwing EVERY LAST GOOD MODDER togather on a SINGLE MOD TEAM is NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!! Do you even realize how many arguements over who's skins, codes, and models would be used would ensue?!?!?!? It would be WWIII that would kill the BFME modding community!!!!!

And andrej, it's simple, press uninstall. It will bring up a screen asking if you wish to do so. Say yes. It will bring up a screen asking you if you want to delete your accounts, files, maps, etc., say yes. Reinstall the game and download the mod when it comes out and if you don't like a mod... DO NOT expect them to actually implement your changes as nobody pays attention to noobs. If you want to see the worst, go to the Moddb page for Lauri's "The Fourth Age (great mod by the way, thanks Lauri!)."

in a way puppeteer it is shortcuts but my idea would be that u would only have one era available at first and you have to unlock the others after completing so many skirmishs or a campaign in the era making the game mod unique that way

and it would not be ww3 CIL because they would not have to argue over skins because each modder would have an entire section of an era that they can make unique with there own skins and modals and so avoiding lots of arguments

#36 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

Naa, I just yell. I meen to sound like a shit, but I really don't act that way to people who treat me ok. So far, there is only a small list of people who I dislike to a degree. And it isn't anyone on this forum. However, I go especially nuts when people go off and post random topics when there are already forums for it. It's obvious idiocy. I enjoy being brutally honest, but it is often at the expense of others. Can someone close the topic? It's pointless.

This topic is not pointless in fact i find this interesting and obviously others do too because the fourms has had quite a few views and more comments made to it than some of the others i have seen because from wht i can see of these mods created that they had one concept to follow for the entire mod they could create an absolutly outstanding mod plus there are more random and worse topics out there than this one

Edited by Britainnia007, 19 July 2008 - 10:23 AM.

#37 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

I can't see any of the RA staff agreeing to such an idea :crazed:
Posted Image

#38 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

Or any other staff...

in a way puppeteer it is shortcuts but my idea would be that u would only have one era available at first and you have to unlock the others after completing so many skirmishs or a campaign in the era making the game mod unique that way

Decide what skirmish you deem appropiate should lead to unlocking certain things yourself, then load up that mod. And don't play it till you complete that part of the campaign.
Problem solved.

#39 Britainnia007

Britainnia007
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

Ok if no one else will do a mod like this, you will laugh at this, i will try but i dont where the software is could someone show me where this software is

#40 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

You can only try with mods that give you permission to use their stuff. That's nothing unique from rj or ra, so you're not gonna have anything from then until or unless they release some of their stuff.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users