#1 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

What should elfhelm look like? There's only one picture of him that I've found ( scroll down tiny bit: PICTURE) and the end result would be another hero who looks just like the Royal Guard, Hama, Erkenbrand, and Gamling. So I'd like to see if anyone has a better or more unique idea for Elfhelm.

One thought I had was to do what PJ did in RotK and put a helmet on him, thus I could just use the Royal Guard model and not do any work on him ;) but I'm open to ideas that might result in a better looking character.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#2 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

You could give him a different shield, a la Theoden; rather oblong in shape. As well as a Royal Guard -esque helmet.

That's all I can think of, unless you want to do some looking around at general 'Celtic designs' for the skin..

#3 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

@mike_: that's a good idea for the shield and could be a very simple code change. I'll see if that's possible.

Otherwise, since no other ideas have been suggested and I don't wish to spend too much more time on new rohan art I think I'll just go with the Royal Guard model/skin and see if it will work out ok. Can always be changed later if need be :p

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#4 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:23 AM

I was wondering if Elfhelm would look more like the man on this site:
http://www.tuckborou...im.html#Elfhelm
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#5 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

lol, that's the same link I used in the first post ^_^

I'm actually rather happy with the final result. I used the royal guard model but changed the skin slightly so that he is wearing a helmet but instead of having chainmail over his hair, the hair is visible and being red hair it is fairly obvious that the isn't a royal guard. Actually, I might have edited the model too... can't remember now (been a few days) but like I said, the end result is pretty good for a relatively minor hero. Next time I'm in-game as rohan I'll try to remember to take a screenshot of them side by side and show you what I mean.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users