• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Яάđịαит Ξхзя

Яάđịαит Ξхзя
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  •  The Guy Behind The Specs!!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

I've never been good at normals.. (And now, I'm kinda rusty at other stuffs as well).. So I decided to remake the Su47 I made for WW3 from scratch... And here is what I ended up with.. I can't judge my own normals, so I would like you guys to be my judges.. I've attached the voxel... (though no ingame screenshots because ATM I don't have Ra2, so can someone download and post a screenshot for me?)...

EDIT: Changed Cameo (the shp in the Archive hasn't been changed) use the one below instead
Su47_preview.JPG
su47icon_0000.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  S37.rar   8.81KB   232 downloads

Edited by Яάđịαит Ξхзя, 21 July 2008 - 03:46 PM.

Just when they think they have all the answers... I change the questions!

Posted ImagePosted Image
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#2 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

the cameo looks,well...when you would add text,the image of the plane would be overwrited.

Also try making the colours of the plane brighter,make the cockpit a bit blue,so it can be distingueshed and post ingames.

Also,try getting the right normals going to Colours and normal - Normals - Autonormals

There are some autonormal rules wich Duplexxx mentioned to give the best results.

#3 Яάđịαит Ξхзя

Яάđịαит Ξхзя
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

Actually... the colours are fine.. (its supposed to be dark; and so are most other WW3 Red Army units), and i don't want to do autonormals (although i started with them, i made some changes in this one).. I want to make normals from scratch (like MiG Eater).. Anyways, where can I find this

There are some autonormal rules wich Duplexxx mentioned to give the best results.

???

And I'll correct the cameos ASAP...

and More Critics

Posted ImagePosted Image
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#4 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

where are these autonormal rules I'm intrigued to look

Can you find what colours by the number in the palette you used might be able to help but depends on what sort of colours you want

this is generally the scheme I'm using for soviet vehicles in my mod

Posted Image

Edited by SSTG, 22 July 2008 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Яάđịαит Ξхзя

Яάđịαит Ξхзя
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

Well, Red Army consisted units of 2 main colours (that defined the class of the unit)

Dark Red (I Mean VERY Dark)... This is the normal class that included the basic stuff (like base tanks and base aircraft)
Dark Violet (This Too)... This one is supposed to be The Strong Class (so to speak, the difference between these two classes are the same as a Normal Person and a Ninja..

The Su47 is supposed to be the Dark Violet class.. but because it originally is black, i made it to be black instead..

I do know what normals are.. but i don't know how to identify the best normals out of the pallete.. Is there any tutorial or something that details that stuff?

And Again I want to remind.. My primary intention with this topic is not to discuss autonormals.. but to discuss normals instead.. how to improve it.. and errors in it... (thats also one reason why i put a download here.. ) so that people can see how bad i actually am at normals and atleast identify where my errors are.. i recommend that you see it through the normals pallete (in VXLSE)..

Edited by Яάđịαит Ξхзя, 22 July 2008 - 06:52 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:c&c metropolis (the name may change)
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

HOLAS: ™

it seems like the TW firehawk.... i know it because i'm using that model... aslo recolored as black xD

anyways.... in PPM you could find tutorials about "auto-normals"

http://www.ppmsite.c...pic.php?t=14062

i know that's not what are you looking for... i'm also looking for manual normals tutorial n.nU because it looks that i'm also suck in this issue.... n.nU
i are a cat full of HOLAS..... delivering HOLAS to the world o.o

#7 Яάđịαит Ξхзя

Яάđịαит Ξхзя
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

TW Firehawk?.. you mean the one from YRArg?.. In that case, look closely... or You can go to your good friend google's image search.. Sukhoi Su47 or Sukhoi S37.. you'll find this black masterpiece and how its better than an F22 in most (if not all) cases.. Its Called Sukhoi Su47 Berkut (which means "Golden Eagle" in russian).. and you might notice the vertical stabalizers (and rudders) are different.. thats no problem.. that part came from T-50 (Su50)

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users