• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 radaral

radaral

title available

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

I made a simple beta modification. I edited the rulesmd, then put it in a mix then put it into my folder but when I start the game up nothings different. I haven't done this in several years until now and I know this is kind of a dumb question but how do you get it so the game.exe reads your modified rulesmd?

#2 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:c&c metropolis (the name may change)
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

HOLAS: ™

that's.... weird O_o

i'm not telling you anything new but.... be sure you don't have another mod, mix (except for the EA/WW ones) or rules file in your RA2 folder....

also... try just putting the rules file in the folder whitout adding it to a mix file.... because according to the mix name it could work.... or don't... that happened to me before... i just changed the mix name and that was all... but i can't remeber wich filename caused me that problem... sorry :shiftee:
i are a cat full of HOLAS..... delivering HOLAS to the world o.o

#3 radaral

radaral

title available

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:35 AM

HOLAS: ™

that's.... weird O_o

i'm not telling you anything new but.... be sure you don't have another mod, mix (except for the EA/WW ones) or rules file in your RA2 folder....

also... try just putting the rules file in the folder whitout adding it to a mix file.... because according to the mix name it could work.... or don't... that happened to me before... i just changed the mix name and that was all... but i can't remeber wich filename caused me that problem... sorry :shiftee:

I fixed it. I had fragments of anouther mod remaining and it needed strings for the new stuff to show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users