Photo

Poll for Mordor

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: KotW Nazgul and Morgul

Preference for Nazgul mounts (chose between 1 or 2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Morgul Castle Best Option (single choice)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

Just looking to see what everyone thinks about the poll options. The bug free awesome way doesn't look like it will work soon enough (if at all) so something has to give: either it'll be a little bit buggy for the nazgul mounts (health bug where health is fully restored when mounting or dismounting. Also all nazgul will have to be at level 10) or they won't be able to switch from foot/horse to fellbeast and back (would be bug free and allows for them to level up if so desired). If the second option is used the WK would be able to toggle from foot to horse, we could have 2 fellbeast nazgul, and then a third nazgul that is on foot/horse with some special powers.

So, what would you guys like to see the mod do? I have no preference in this; I think both ways allow for some good gameplay options.

-Gto

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 01 August 2008 - 01:34 AM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#2 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

What exactly is the problem you are having with the nazgul? Are you trying to give them the ability to mount on both horse and fellbeast without any errors? If so, there is a solution to your problem. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#3 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

lol, 51 views yet only 8 poll responses. Not sure what to make about that: are people not picking prefrences or are people comming back to view the topic every so often :xd: *rhetorical question, don't actually answer that* :crazed:

So it looks like our consensus is that the number of nazgul should at least be 3 plus the WK and that they should be bug free. This easily translates to providing them with the additional special powers instead of trying to fit in the additional mounts. Also Rob38 and I are looking at the possibility of allowing the nazgul and WK to multi mount without bugs. If it works sweet! :xcahik_: If not, then I'll go ahead and implement the results of the poll :wink_new:

Finally, I've almost finished work an a medium graphics level version of the morgul castle (for low end computers) that significantly reduces lag but comes at the expense of the detail in the morgul buildings. It still looks really cool and it almost runs on my laptop (which has no video card) and seemed to run fine on my desktop (has an OLD nvidia 32mb card). I've still got a few tweaks to make but for the most part it should work fine now for most users as long as they have some sort of video card. Also I've been able to use the LOD feature so that the mod will come with both versions and the player can pick the one they want by either playing on High or Medium settings and getting the corresponding morgul castle (same design, different model quality). All the other features of the mod should be the same between the two graphics settings. I'll double check this before release but there shouldn't be any problems.

I still have not had a chance to figure out how to make the morgul castle become available later in the game for mordor. I guess that is the task for the next few days.

Thanks for the votes!
-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#4 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

Walls rise from the ground at the beginning of a game, don't they? Can't you delay that unit some upgrade is purchased, either at the citadel or some other building?

Or actually...maybe the walls only rise when the castle is given over to the player...hmmm

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#5 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

I have a few ideas;

1) We make Mordor into Morgul, and the walls are always there, and the new buildings as well...

2) Instead of "Call the Horde", we have a special power called "Morgul Supah Powah", which triggers commandsets updates to the foundation plots, and also rises up walls..
The way the rise the walls, are, if possible, simple.. The object is always there, but it needs a player upgrade, which makes the change of model into the wall... From a Default NONE model, to a USER_1 MBWallsthingie model.. The geometry are, of course, not available until it changes model :crazed: Of course, if you want the power to be available before, you can switch out any other power... But Call the Horde is quite the lazy spell, especially when you don't really need orcs anymore :xcahik_:

Edited by Lauri, 04 August 2008 - 11:45 AM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#6 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

@Lauri: #2 is what I wanted to do but wasn't sure how :p that sounds like it would work. I'll give it a shot :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks,
-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#7 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:01 PM

Update: well I've been unable to make it work so that the player can purchase the morgul walls in the middle of the game. I'm sure that it is possible to make it work but I don't have the time right now to do so :( (I go back to school in a little over a week and I will be very busy).

Therefore, I am going to try something else: Mordor will be given the morgul castle at the start of the game but will be unable to repair it if destroyed by the enemy (this also saves me some work :rolleyes: ) with the exception of the citadel obviously. I am also going to drop the multi-mounting ideas I had for the nazgul/WK as well as the mount an oliphant power for the Haradrim Captain. These are all things that I feel should be possible but due to time limitations I cannot figure them out now. This basically means that I should be able to finish mordor very quickly as nothing new needs to be made now. I just need to code the nazguls (all easy) and make the 3 other Morgul Bases (NW, SW, SE).

Alternatively, there is one other idea I just had. The normal mordor base could be used at the beginning of the game but when mordor has the chance to build another castle, perhaps it could be given the choice of either a mordor or morgul castle? I know this is possible for outposts so I assume it would be possible for castles... I actually like this better as it would force the mordor player to beat one player if playing with a full set of players or at least expand to another base in order to get walls. I'll see if this is possible and if it is easy and quick enough, I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work out then I can just rename the morgul castles to mordor and the player would start with them.

Anywho, that's the update.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#8 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

ask Nazgul over at the SEE mod. the nazgul in is mod have perfect three-way toggles and give them the ability to level up. completely bug free.
maybe he'll lend you the coding?

#9 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

SEE is for bfme2 where it is possible to make multiple mounts very easy. Not very easy (if even possible) in bfme1 :p

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#10 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:58 AM

i didnt know that there was a difference there. sorry. :p

#11 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

what about a foot-fellbeast mount ability?
does that work bug-free?
I mean you have a triple mount (foot-horse-fellbeast), did you try that foot-fb mount, without horse?
Posted Image

#12 psychomanthis

psychomanthis
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hey guys i'm new here but i have been tracking the progress of this mod for quite some time because i feel that when released this could be one of the best mods out there. Now i'd like it if the nazgul would have three mounts but because of some reason i can't vote on this poll, maybe that's because i have too few posts so i'll try it again after i've made some here on the forum. If it's not because of the posts though could anyone here tell me what's wrong?
Posted Image

#13 Ringwraith Captain

Ringwraith Captain
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

I can't vote either.

For the multi-mounts, I've got an idea if your interested. I used to have a WK that mounted his fellbeast w/o the health problem. He still had a few bugs, but I probably could've ironed them out...unfortunately my hard drive crashed and I lost everything. I could still try to work up a triple-mount for you , if you want (I've been meaning to do that anyway).

As for the morgul walls, I like the idea of making it available only by capturing another castle, especially if you have to defeat another player to do so. It'd be kinda like when Mordor conquered Minas Ithil and turned it into Minas Morgul in the first place. Giving the player an option is easy; a "dual enonomy choice" ugrade is granted usually in playertemplate.ini. BUT...you could grant it via purchasing a power, then only after purchasing the power could you produce a morgal castle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users