• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

(Someone please move this thread to the appropriate forum, and allow me to post threads there.)

I've been researching and I realize the grave mistake we made in Kosovo. It was wrong.

Imagine if Canadians started steadily immigrating into North Dakota, and then they made the "North Dakota liberation army", and tried to take it for themselves. (This is not meant to offend Canadians, just used as an example.) We tried to stop them, but then the U.N. intervened and helped the Canadians take part of our country from us.

I'd be pissed off as hell. I sympathize with the Serbians.

It was wrong for us to help Kosovo they had NO right to take it from Serbia.

Radovan Karadžić should be freed he was just trying to protect his country.

What we did caused Serbia and Eastern Europe to hate our guts it should be reversed!

Edited by Kacen, 01 August 2008 - 11:37 AM.

#2 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

Do you think the US still belongs to Britain?

It's the same concept.

#3 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

Not really. Britain was an oppressive monarchy and people were oppressed under it (granted relative to the time when everywhere was a monarchy).

Fact is we rebelled just so we could have freedom. We only rebelled to form a new unique government. The Shiptars took Kosovo for no good reason whatsoever. I mean, Serbia was a Democracy, I could go on and on why this is different but we're not talking about US history so let's not bring it up.

This is different, this is a matter of ethnicity's taking part of a country. Different concept. Besides the Shiptars already had Albania, they didn't need to take a chunk out of another country. They were only oppressed in Serbia because they tried to take Kosovo, if they didn't try to take it from them they wouldn't have been attacked and the "genocide" would never have occurred.

Edited by Kacen, 01 August 2008 - 02:47 PM.

#4 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

So because Serbia was ideally a democracy twelve years ago, we should completely ignore the genocide.
You're a moron if you think Karadzic should face anything but life in prison.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#5 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:22 AM

If the Albanians didn't try to take their country form them, there wouldn't be a genocide.

I mean I look at it from an American point of view I mean if the Lakota were violently rebelling I would want them exterminated. Or if Mexicans in California were trying to take it from us.

So I sympathize with the Serbians. Besides the KLA was a Muslim terrorist organization, they butchered Serbian civilians and sold their organs.

Most importantly of all however, Radovan Karadžić was helping to prevent the Islamicization of Europe, he should be considered a hero.

Edited by Kacen, 02 August 2008 - 07:22 AM.

#6 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:34 AM

http://en.wikipedia...._and_Kosovo_War
Depends which side of the story you believe. Wiki claims that there was non-violent resistance long before the KLA started fighting back.

Also, there's absolutely no justification for genocide, ever.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#7 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

Also keep in mind that the borders in the balkans have been fluid for 2000 years at least. We just witnessed something that has happened many times throughout history. Seems silly for us to be taken back by it now just because we all think we're so mature as a world.

#8 Guest_observer_*

Guest_observer_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

Interesting points made. However Kosovo teritory is a very complexed subject and in order to be able to give opinions one should know eastern balcan history very well. Which does not seem to be the case here. As a historian i must say i couldn't agree more with the fact that Kosovo IS Serbia. You need to keep in mind that Shiptars are just Albanians that throughout years moved to Kosovo, which was completely Serbian. In fact, Kosovo is a cradle of serbian history and orthodox religion. Shiptars were merely a MINORITY that moved into serbian teritory from neighbouring muslim Albania.
Further more, lets not forget that serbs were harrassed by Shiptars for decades. Shiptars basically stole serbian land, and the whole world supported them in doing so. Why? Just because Serbs are labeled even since the war in Bosnia started?
Lets just keeps the facts straight here... serbs commited genocide in Bosnia, and Karadzic was in fact part of it. But Kosovo has nothing to do with that..... Karadzic was involved in bosnian war.. not the one in kosovo.... dont confuse those two..

All in all... i agree. Kosovo is serbian land. Research history before you judge, thats all.

#9 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

Tought I also think it is part of Serbia,big countries must be destroyed.

Smaller countries=smaller conflicts.

#10 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

So because over a few hundred years one ethnic group have lost ground in a area, does that give those the right to return and slaughter those who now live there?

Its wrong to remove those that are presently living somewhere, because you feel that you have more 'right' to the area. Its the worst kind of nationalism in a nutshell.

Doesnt matter if it belonged to you a while back. If you gave it up out of different causes, its still lost the day you figure you want it back.

Its the main reason we got so much conflict in Israel these days... and they claim its theirs based on 2000 year old history. A pity they are on "our" side, they really could use a proper punt to the head and learn to get along.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#11 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

Yep, Israel's a terrible situation. But imagine if Britain decided we still had a right to own America because we did a while back and because now you speak our language. It would be disastrous, and I'm fairly sure that there would be those who consider it just because it's historically ours. But then it's even more historically nobody European's. It all depends how far back you go. Is there a cut-off point for when it's no longer invaded territory that you should be trying to get back? Should Britain be going after most of France as well?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#12 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

You mean most of the world?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#13 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

It's not just that...

Yes, I know it's Michael Savage, but in this case, he is 100% right.

How the Skanderbeg SS killed Jews and orthodox Serbians, they were recruited by Hitler.

They massacred tons of people in Serbia.

And Bill Clinton bombed many innocent Serbians.

Bill Clinton was 10x worse than Bush ever was...I hate to admit it.

We are monsters for what we did to the Serbians.

#14 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

So then I'm sure that you support:

- Tibetan independance.
- Reestablishing all current Romance countries as their original inhabitants. This would mean a celtic (Irish-Welsh-Scottish-Cornish-Breton) invasion of England, France and Switzerland (since Britain and Gaul were predominantly celtic 2000 years ago), and evacuating Spain and Portugal in favour of the non-Roman original inhabitants.
- Kicking all non-native Americans back to England, France, Spain and Portugal. Oh wait, they all already got invaded - so kick the English back to Scandinavia and the rest of them to Italy.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:13 PM

A-men.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#16 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

I don't want 400 million idiots up here... it would fill the forests with human monsters ;)

kacen:

Bill Clinton worse than Bush... lawl. My second cousin's s.o is serbian/albanian mix, and i bet you she doesn't have much hate for Bill Clinton bombing the people that forced her family's escape from the country. blood for blood.
Also, considering the amount of people that died in that intervention compared to Iraq/Afganistan, I think you easily can eat those words with some salt. a tablespoon or two.

Edited by duke_Qa, 05 August 2008 - 07:49 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#17 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:32 AM

So then I'm sure that you support:

- Tibetan independance.
- Reestablishing all current Romance countries as their original inhabitants. This would mean a celtic (Irish-Welsh-Scottish-Cornish-Breton) invasion of England, France and Switzerland (since Britain and Gaul were predominantly celtic 2000 years ago), and evacuating Spain and Portugal in favour of the non-Roman original inhabitants.
- Kicking all non-native Americans back to England, France, Spain and Portugal. Oh wait, they all already got invaded - so kick the English back to Scandinavia and the rest of them to Italy.

Sometimes life requires common sense and not exaggeration.

#18 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

I have a good friend who was shot at the age of ten as she was fleeing Bosnia with her family during the war. She's a Muslim, a Bosnian, and she, at seven years old, was facing death by Serbians for simply being alive. She has a permanent scar on her lower back above her right kidney due to an AK-47 round which hit her, mostly a deep graze. The reason she was even in that situation was because Serbian troops occupied her village and began shooting people. You tell her that intervention by KFOR wasn't warranted. I'm sure she would set you straight.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#19 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

Sometimes life requires common sense and not exaggeration.

And if sense was common, this topic wouldn't exist.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

As my sig says:

IX. Invoke not "common sense," for it is not common.

Doesnt really help to ask people to follow common sense because theres no standardized version of it out yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users