#1 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:55 AM

I found this article by CNN outrageous: http://www.cnn.com/v...file.friday.cnn.
How could someone be too skinny to be president?! This is absurd!
I'm creeping, not gone.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:56 PM

I think they raise a couple of valid and interesting points.

Durrrrrrrrrrrr.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:01 PM

He's healthy and you would dare to criticize him for that? Are you saying you want another Taft, where we have to replace the bathtubs in the White House with OUR TAX MONEY?! Some of the points are interesting, yes, but lifestyles differ and the fact that people (particularly Fox News watchers, Rush Limbaugh listeners, and some obese people) could actually not vote for someone because of the way they eat and look is disgusting.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#4 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

I find it quite humorous, actually.

#5 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:16 PM

Yes, because obviously if we don't want a skinny president, the answer is a morbidly obese one. There can be no middle ground between skinny and morbidly obese, you're either one or the other. And guess what, it's a free country. That means anyone is free to vote for a candidate for whatever reasons they want to. I could pick my candidate based on the color of his or her paternal grandmother's eyes, and it would be perfectly legitimate for me to do so.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:29 AM

He's healthy and you would dare to criticize him for that? Are you saying you want another Taft, where we have to replace the bathtubs in the White House with OUR TAX MONEY?! Some of the points are interesting, yes, but lifestyles differ and the fact that people (particularly Fox News watchers, Rush Limbaugh listeners, and some obese people) could actually not vote for someone because of the way they eat and look is disgusting.

It's not MY tax money anyway, so what are we fighting over.

#7 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

Can't say I agree with you, Mastermind. While it's true there are many skinny folks, and many many overweight ones, I do think there is a middle ground.

Unless you were being sarcastic...in which case, ignore this ;)

#8 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

I think the republican nag-machine has not done a very good job at flinging dirt at Obama.

Is he too much like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears? what the hell does that have to do with a good presidency-candidate?
is he too skinny? well imo McCain is way too old and fat to be allowed into the white house.

it basically seems that the republicans know they don't have politics that gives them votes, so they instead try to make their opponents politics look dumber...

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#9 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

Oh come now, democracy doesn't need people poking fun at it every 3 seconds. It does a good enough job of making itself look stupid that we don't even need to try anymore.

I had hoped that someone had been making shit up with this, but I was sadly mistaken. :p

#10 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

Heh, some of the people's comments are pretty cool though :p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

Indeed, I don't see what's there to worry about. The ''people'' don't seem to care that much.

#12 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

Sounds stupid.

Here,in Romania,at the last ellections,an candidate for the mayor post,died in the day ellections were.And the ellections continued.And,guess what?

The dead mayor was ellected.With 80%.Now ain't that funny? :p

#13 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

I think the republican nag-machine has not done a very good job at flinging dirt at Obama.

Dude, Republicans aren't the only ones doing this. It's absurd, but people from the Democratic party have said the same things. Anyways, according to the polls thus far, McCain's SLANDER (yes, that's what it is) has put him 3 points behind Obama instead of 13 points behind. The New Yorker's issue from last month didn't do much to help, either. It drove the stupid rednecks that just looked at the cover not to vote for him, as that reinforced the point that he was a Muslim and a terrorist (some people wouldn't vote for a Muslim, even if they were the best person th be president).

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 04 August 2008 - 07:57 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#14 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:13 AM

Politics...

I'm glad you hate them as much as I do. I really, really hate politics. It's a bunch of phony bastards telling lies.

#15 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

Are you saying you want another Taft, where we have to replace the bathtubs in the White House with OUR TAX MONEY?!

How expensive do you think bathtubs are?
Posted Image

#16 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

Heh, good point. Anyway, who cares why you vote for him? If he's a good candidate he'll appeal for a wide range of reasons, and hopefully that'll include something for everyone. A candidate who campaigns on a single point clearly isn't a very good one. While I admit that eating habits, general build and skin colour aren't particularly valid, they're still taken into account by some people. Vote for whoever you want, I honestly couldn't care less who the next president is. I gave up caring about a year ago when I'd been hearing about it for six months. It seems a bit bloody unfair on old Bush to me. He still had nearly two years left in power but they were already digging his political grave. Friendly, huh?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#17 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

It seems a bit bloody unfair on old Bush to me. He still had nearly two years left in power but they were already digging his political grave. Friendly, huh?

Considering how many graves the guy indirectly dug in his term, I wouldn't care much if it was way more than just his political grave. It's no surprise people focus on the future if the present is so screwed up.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#18 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

While this is true, at least hit him over the head with a metaphorical shovel first, don't just shove him in there still breathing. Animals deserve humane treatment. ;) (For those of you addicted to semantics, I am aware that technically an animal cannot deserve humane treatment simply because 'humane' must be for humans, and I don't care.)

While I agree that, on the whole, Bush's presidency has a been a series of failures and public relations miracles, let him keep what little of his dignity he realises how to keep.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#19 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

I Lol'd
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#20 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:32 PM

Politics...

I'm glad you hate them as much as I do. I really, really hate politics. It's a bunch of phony bastards telling lies.

A-men to that.

Anyways, I think it's quite stupid they're whining over weight issues, it seems silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users