Bugs & Balance in Battles of Gondor

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_anglia_*

Guest_anglia_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

With Stealthsnake's next installment of BoG, the '4.0'... now released, it is that time again to start bug crushing error erasing. :p

If you found one or multiple bugs, glitches or errors in the latest version... please make a note of them whilst in game play and let us know about your findings here. If you have suggestions on how to improve for the next version, take your ideas and thoughts to the comments and suggestions forum. :)

Thank you,
The BoG Staff.

I have already spotted one or two things...

Some of the Amroth ships still have elven sails, and some elven upgrades such as 'Cirdans Craftwork' ect...

For some reason, i can only build one Amroth Flag Ship... after that they become unavailabe.

Wall hubs built on the SF fortress plots take 0 seconds to build. :p

The Pinnath Gelin Milita still have an arnorian banner carrier done up in amroth gear. :p

Duinhir still has a problem with his last ability, it's some kind of passive ability but once he reaches a certain level and he unlocks it... it says, 'This unit cannot recieve this upgrade'.

When you order your ships to fall into formation, if two transport stand side by side... they stand too close and go through eachother, possible to spread the formation out a bit more?

Some of Rohans structures still have inappropriate sounds like the stables... and the overall faction still has the dwarven voice, such as: 'We've expanded the forge works' ect...

Rohirrim archers still haven't got a bombard button and still have very low health and attack damage.

Gimli is far far too over powered... about 5 warg riders got him upto level 3. :D

Galadriel is still Rohans ring hero, but i recruited her anyway, even with most of her powers not working properly, she still what the FUCK??? OWNED!!! NOOB!!! :)

On some maps such as Weathertop, the rohan village builds like this...:
Posted Image

Peasents should earn experience faster, they are not powerful enough to get anywhere without a hero constantly granting them experience.

The peasents are able to repair structures right? So they need a repair structure button adding to their palantir. :p

Remove green flame, sometimes when a catapult fires a flaming boulder or something, i sometimes see some green in the flame... i personally have never seen green fire before, have you?

Haldir when killed, is revived from the inn again at level 1. :(

Alot of units still have incorrect sound fx, such as harad swords have peasent sounds, easterlings swordsmen have uruk sounds etc etc... please ask me for all the units which have incorrect sound fx over msn and i will help you find them all. ;)

Elf warriors can't attack enemies with fire arrows. :p

Haldir is too weak but levels up too quickly.

Heroes such as Hama and Theoden with fewer abilities than other heros don't level up fast enough... the fewer abilities a hero has, the faster they should level up in my opinion. The more abilities a hero has, the long it should take to level up.

Dunedain Rangers cost only 250 resources... far too cheap.

Elven Warriors cost only 40 cp... far too cheap, and cost 700 resources which is a tad expensive in my opinion.

Elven healers run away when an enemy comes within 500 miles of her, which makes her easy to get lost so i can't find her when i have troops that need healing, please stop her from running away or give her a button like the builders have, to select nearest healer. :p

Haldirs blade of purity power doesn't work.

Elven healers should heal themselves and stealth.

When haldir dies, he becomes available to revive at fortress, he should only be available at an inn since he is an inn hero.

Ents should be a hell of alot stronger.

Hama royal guard summon doesn't have a timer so they become permanent... so if you keep them alive, you soon get a free army of royal guard. :p

Rohan banner carriers for infantry and foot units have a rohan flag but still have a dwarven pole... not a horse head.

Bregos guard button is square shaped on the palantir.

Rohan stables door doesn't open when rohirrim come out.

Halbarad's button at the inn is in a square shape on the palantir.

You can build an unlimited amount of Brego Guards when the max limit should be 3.

At the rohan village the peasent description says... 'repairs structures'.

We found a bug at helms deep concerning the one ring... i'm sure you know what i mean by this tom, need i say more? :p

Your new pink team colour, when used during online play makes the game go out of synch, other new team colours may do this aswell.

In the game menu, change the spelling of 'color'... to the british spelling of 'colour'.

Herumors grant exp power says: 'targeted GOOD archers'

Castamir still has two weapons in his left hand.

With builder selected, harad stables description is wrong, it says: 'trains veteran men of the south'... change to 'Trains the Cavalry of Harad'

All of Castamirs powers says 'Hero' in the description and not 'Castamir'

The Creature pen when built has the upgraded, more potent look of a level 3 creature pen, when it should only look like a level 1 creature pen.

Harad rebuild power doesn't work... it just makes the sound effect of isengards industry power i think.

It says for halftroll swords in description - 'requires level 2 fissure'.

Rename 'half trolls of the south' back to 'half troll pikes'... since half trolls were never known to be anywhere else.

Give the half trolls your own skin back please tom, and remove ea's half troll skins.

Only half troll swordsmen should deal splash damage, not pikes.

When you click on:
Harad farm, it has goblin tunnel sound
Creature pen, it has troll cage sound
Fortress, it has mordor fortress sound
Market, it has harad stables sound
warhall, it has motw barracks sound

When mahud at full health, mounts his olephant... some of his health is taken away and has to heal.

Mahud starts at level 3, change to 1.

When structures self heal, an orc labourer comes out, change to harad labourer.

Castamir has faramirs scream when he dies.

Herumor has ithilien ranger voice when ordered to use his volley power.

Black serpant guards arrows also seem to deal poison damage when only their blades should.

I once restared a game, i was playing harad, and there was 3 ai armies... Isengard, Mordor and Rhun... when i restared the game to play that battle again... the rhun wasn't there... only me, isengard and mordor was on the map.

Mahud, when mounted on Ole[hant is too weak.

Harad has motw background voices... such as 'We've taken heavy losses men!' and 'There they are, what shall we do?'... maybe give them the Angmar background voices instead as it suits harad better than motw voices.

Herumor seems to have a sword on his person but no toggle weapon button.

Give herumor a standard harad archer skin.

Market should cost more than 1000, maybe 1500.

Stables should cost more than 300, 350 perhaps?

Tavern should cost less than 600... maybe 500?

Harad Riders description says: 'Requires level 2 warhall'

Units leave the warhall from the side, and not the front of the building, fix it?

Wahall upgrade to level 2 description says: 'allows training of black numenorians and banners'
Wahall upgrade to level 3 description says: 'allows training of dark rangers'

Sauron comes at level 10 and can't capture buildings.

Herumor, like the orc spearmen, is a bit big and out of scale... stand herumor next to some harad archers and you will see.

Harad units can't recieve upgrades.

To make harad feel even more of a unique faction... change the fire arrows upgrade to barbed arrows upgrade... and remove barbed arrow shot power from harad archers.

When you have bought forged blades and you get a notification of it... it says 'Upgrade complete: Forged BLades'... when it should say 'Forged Blades'.

Sauron is still harads ring hero.

Black serpants lead a chareg power doesn't work or atleast the units around them don't light up in gold.

Black serpants dont self heal or revive.

Nazgul on foot or horseback have motw sound fx, when they die they scream like a normal man and if you zoom in on them when they are fighting you cna often hear a normal man scream. I know that they were once great kings of men themselves but now they are niether living nor dead... ringwraiths... that shouldn't scream like a man when they die. :p

Harad lancers can't capture buildings.

Herumors grant experience power doesn't work.

Rename Rohhirrim with spears to 'Rohirrim Spearmen.

Nazgul from the inn description has a typo... 'Blac&k Riders'

When ordering harad lancers to fall into formation, they go under 'archer' but should be spearmen really since they are more of a spearmen unit... :p

Nazguls on foot and horseback should be alot stronger.

Morgul blade isn't available until level 6 but in the description it says level 4.

Many units within the mod still have bfme2 style palantir images and formation buttons... change them all to bfme1 style buttons since you want to bring back the feel of bfme1 in your mod.

This is all i can see for now.

#2 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

Suladan's fire bombs fly in slow-motion.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#3 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

-Yeoman Archers need a fairly large armor buff. It doesn't take very much to kill them in 1 attack atm.
-Could you add a ranger horde or something to the "Summon Gondor Scouts" ability for Rohan? 3 scouts seems kind of weak for a 10pp power imo

-Units from the Rhun Palace come out from the side instead of the front.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#4 izaktj

izaktj
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

Mordor
-Increase mordor's slaughter house command points bonus so the create more units and swarm the place.
-Mordor's orc archers are overpowered (IMO) the AI uses them a lot too.

Gondor
-Citadel guard banner carrier pleeease :shiftee2:
-Citadel guards have 3 free command buttons, maybe adding a "long shot" ability would be awesome!
-Gondor soldiers are way too slow, and as the AI always targets for buildings they rarely engage soldiers, which have to chase them but never catch up. As a result, it makes them nearly obsolete =/ So I mostly use archers and men at arms.
-Knights are weak even after a full upgrade!

#5 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

I think most units need to take up less CPs in general tbh.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#6 Guest_Scetch_*

Guest_Scetch_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

-Gondor soldiers are way too slow, and as the AI always targets for buildings they rarely engage soldiers, which have to chase them but never catch up. As a result, it makes them nearly obsolete =/ So I mostly use archers and men at arms.

Mate, that's the case with the AI since BFME2 1.00. The trick is to not place the soldiers in immediate range of your buildings, but a nce way in front of the RBs and PBs.

After 1/2 attacks you'll know where they are coming from, so build a small front base with a fountain and a statue and place your slow soldiers there. If the AI sees the troops and no buildings nearby, chances are very high that they'll engage your troops. :lol:

#7 druchii22

druchii22

WotR Coder

• Project Team
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK Beta Tester, Battles of the 3rd Age, some other little mods
  •  INI Coder

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

I've found this:

- When you get the one Ring, upgrade Saruman with and Saruman dies, when he respawn he still has "one Ring" powers as Istari Lights, Thunderbolts, etc. And when he dies again, he let fall the Ring again, so it can have unlimited one Rings in game (each times that Sarumane dies and fortress' Ring). :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by druchii22, 20 August 2008 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

yea i discoverd that when i played anglia :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#9 Guest_anglia_*

Guest_anglia_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:38 AM

Alright, alright, alright... no need to rub it in. ;)

It's been a while since i last played a game... so i hope to do a bit over the weekend and find more bugs for you to fix tom. ;)

#10 cacho

cacho
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

UMMMM
i dont know if this would be considered as a bug or anything like that
but........
5 minutes into the game im defeated
game has just started im barely bluiding up my forces , nobody has attacked anybody
and my fortress colapses then everything colapses and it says ive been defeated
so any help plzz

#11 whoozy

whoozy
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:40 AM

This doesn't have anything to do with the mod, its a bug from the game itself.

You'll have to install the game again, maybe even a couple of times. Its a very annoying bug but I don't know any other solution.
Posted Image
Thanks to kseni-chan for the sig

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

it's for pirate copies of the game
Tends to set off on legal games as well though, and doesn't always work on illegal games either..
So to say, a crappy thing to have ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#13 cacho

cacho
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:56 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with the mod, its a bug from the game itself.

You'll have to install the game again, maybe even a couple of times. Its a very annoying bug but I don't know any other solution.

well thnx ill try to do it and if all goes well ill reply back

#14 PtheLord

PtheLord
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

the mahud captain died even that he had full life when a fire drake ran into him
saruman is to weak, even with the one ring he sucks, he could have had some more life when he get the ring, else a fire drake nearly can kill him, that is without abilitys but proves that he is weak when thinking of hes cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users