Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

I just thought you should know this.
http://en.wikipedia...._Production.svg
Reason for the link is because I'm too lazy to explain it. And in case you didn't know, everything from capsule medication to star bursts to hair gel contians this stuff. Speaking of hair gel, do you even know what the gel stands for? And yes, that does include your good friend,
Jell-O. Bovine also just essentially meens cows or like creatures.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#2 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

Your point being?
Sausages are also a very high percentage offal.

There are also synthetic/vegetable gelatine compounds, not all of it is animal.

#3 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:58 PM

And I care..........why?
Jell-O tastes good (If it's made well), it hasn't killed me yet, who gives a damn?
And other stuff....... forget it, I'm not even going there.......

Edited by Elvenlord, 11 August 2008 - 01:59 PM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

*Shrugs* who cares? It tastes nice, it's obviously safe to eat or we wouldn't have it, and I kinda knew most of that already.

Isn't gonna stop me eating any of it. My girlfriend is vegetarian. She won't eat it, and that's fair enough. Doesn't stop me eating it. Hell, she cooked me a steak some months back and it was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Hell, I eat kebabs for fuck's sake, and I know there's fuck all actual meat in one of those.

I'll eat more or less anything that is an animal. At very least I'll give it a try. Squid, mussel, squirrel, alligator, whatever the hell you like, I'd try it once. Except black pudding or dripping. :crazed:

Regardless, this is hardly new info, nor likely to make me puke. Better that than waste this matter from the animal...

Edited by Ash, 11 August 2008 - 03:52 PM.

#5 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

Alligator and raccoon...best things you'll never eat.

#6 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:30 AM

Actually, some parts of the bone marrow have been identified as a bit "iffy," you could say. You know, hotdogs and hamburgers are made up of leftover scraps (like intestines, liver, occasionally brains).
I'm creeping, not gone.

#7 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

How many years has McDonalds been around? Well over 50 years. And back they nobody could give a rat's ass about healthy eating. If it was cheap, it went in. It was a good 40 years that McDonalds went on making thier burgers out of, well, any thing but meat. And you still ate them. Did you complain? Did you know what was in them? Did you Enjoy then? I know as a child, having a McDonalds was a fucking treat and you looked forward to it and as a kid it was the best tasting thing ever.

It has only been recently when people have started complaining and becoming health concious that McDonalds have started to put at least some form of meat in ther beef patties. But even now when people are aware of what goes in the meet, or chicken burgers, they still eat them.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#8 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

I think McDonalds is pretty bad.

I live in Eastern Europe,traditional food is good,eat romanian "sarmale" and you will like it.

Eat vegetables planted as people did 100-200 years ago,they taste really good in an sanwich,don't look beautifull,but they are tasty and healthy.

Eat in medium sizes,it should be enought for you.

Make sport.30 minutes walking to the office,in park,or anywhere else its pretty good keeps you fit.

Simply,try living healthy.Gelatine is something more like an sweet,it tastes good,but,you don't eat too many times...

#9 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

Thing is, if you know half the stuff that goes in what you eat then you'd probably die of starvation. It's constantly in the news saying that "oh if you eat too much of this then you will more likely DIE!" or get cancer of some organ you've never heard of... too much of ANYTHING is bad for ya for christ sake! :rolleyes: Logic should tell you that lol.

I think its sometimes best to live in ignorance, if it generally looks and tastes good then eat it. Don't analise it. If your gunna get ill or die most of the time there'll be little you can do to stop it :p
Posted Image

#10 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

({{Information |Description=A pie chart showing the distribution of materials used in gelatin production. |Source=self-made |Date=February 4 2008 |Location= |Author=~~~ |Permission= |other_versions= }})

Dont always trust everything you see on wikipedia, remember, these aren't(always) professionals giving you information, it is other people, and they could know less about it then you, but still add things onto wikipedia.
(doesn't mean wikipedia isn't hell useful, but still, do some of your own research before you accept anything as fact)

but yes, i dont doubt its made from animal bits, the bits that they cant sell as the 'good' parts, but im betting by the end of it it's so processed that there isn't much of anything left...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:49 AM

I'll eat more or less anything that is an animal. At very least I'll give it a try. Squid, mussel, squirrel, alligator, whatever the hell you like, I'd try it once. Except black pudding or dripping. :xcahik_:

I have to say, you're really missing out.

Anyway, I'm of to eat some haggis. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by HunterGXO, 13 August 2008 - 01:36 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

Agreed. Haggis and black pudding are great meals. As is dripping. It's just fat. Try it on toast. It'll put some hair on your chest. :D Also, in the spirit of talking about hilarious things we've eaten, octopus. Actually really tasty if cooked properly. Like squid but meatier and not as chewy, and a more exotic flavour. Although that may just be Fijian octopus, I'm not sure. Also springbok. Nice and gamey, and unsurprisingly reminiscent of venison.

I love meat. :D
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#13 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:46 AM

How many years has McDonalds been around? Well over 50 years. And back they nobody could give a rat's ass about healthy eating. If it was cheap, it went in. It was a good 40 years that McDonalds went on making thier burgers out of, well, any thing but meat. And you still ate them. Did you complain? Did you know what was in them? Did you Enjoy then? I know as a child, having a McDonalds was a fucking treat and you looked forward to it and as a kid it was the best tasting thing ever.

It has only been recently when people have started complaining and becoming health concious that McDonalds have started to put at least some form of meat in ther beef patties. But even now when people are aware of what goes in the meet, or chicken burgers, they still eat them.

Quoted for Truth.

Be happy you have food to begin with.

#14 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

I don't think that's a composition of what you eat when comsuming gelatin. It seems more like gelatin for other purpose.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#15 Dauth

Dauth

Alcoholic Geoengineer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

I'll eat more or less anything that is an animal. At very least I'll give it a try. Squid, mussel, squirrel, alligator, whatever the hell you like, I'd try it once. Except black pudding or dripping. :shiftee:

I have to say, you're really missing out.

Anyway, I'm of to eat some haggis. :p

This man has good taste, I now have to go and get some black pudding and have it fried with bacon and eggs.

#16 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:46 PM

Just don't try the pie

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#17 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

Dont always trust everything you see on wikipedia, remember, these aren't(always) professionals giving you information, it is other people, and they could know less about it then you, but still add things onto wikipedia.

As true as that is, the "Source=self made" bit of that chart doesn't indicate anything. It only means someone made the image specifically for Wikipedia, it doesn't say anything about the source of the numbers on it :facepalm:
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#18 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

CIL you have failed in your guarantee to make us puke.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#19 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

@2playgames

yes, thats true, that why i said afterwards that i dont doubt it does.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#20 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

CIL you have failed in your guarantee to make us puke.

I wasn't being literal. But I believe I have heard people questioning whether the disgusting gelatin is what's put in food. The gelatin made of bovine hides, pig skin, horse hooves, cow bones, and cow bone marrow, along with a few other materials. The Kosher type is made with fish skin.
I'm creeping, not gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users