• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

okay lets just say that all C&C games are good? and anyone who goes like "generals is bad cuase its not westwood and the musics differnt and all the EA ones suck because they dont use crappy sprites and other stuff" should be kicked

No they all suck, Generals just sucks for different reasons. :)

#22 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

Psh. We all know that RA2 > Generals any day. ;)

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#23 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

The construction-yard RTS's require a bit of Cheese and Ham to work. realistic strategy games just requires a new formula beyond the "10-minute multiplayer match in which you have time to take over the entire map" gameplay.

if they make generals 2, i guess it will be inspired by war-movies and action-movies and political stereotypes as usual. there will be terrorists that can pwn americans, there will be some 3rd or 4th army that can afford tanks and have little thought to morals and whatnots, and they will play on stereotypes and things we expect them to do, and i think it will be alright.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#24 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

they should add in multiple construction types

i haven't played RA3, but didn't it have different construction types?
(by types i mean: 1 faction [japan in RA3] doesn't building structures, it builds little core things, that deploy into structures)

so then you could have a few different ways of building:
1. classic way(the original C&C way), where you build in sidebar and place down
2. buildup way(like generals but no dozers), where you click, place down, then it builds up over time
3. core way(RA3 japan), where you have something like the cores that deploy into buildings
4. dozer way(Generals way), where you have construction dozers build your stuff

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:15 AM

Psh. We all know that RA2 > Generals any day. ;)

The entire Red Alert series is beyond a reasonable doubt the worst C&C series. It's dumb, politically correct bullshit. If you honestly think it's good you're a commie or an idiot.

The amount of people masturbating to communism it's caused sickens me.

But generals sucks anyway.

Also if that post was satire forget everything I said.

#26 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:25 AM

IMO, I think RA2 beats TibSun any day, because TibSun had worse graphics, although the lighting was better, and RA2 was better then Generals because A: RA2 had a story, B: RA2 didn't crash my computer when it loaded, and C: it was MUCH more balanced.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#27 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:10 AM

RA2(and YR) was the best C&C game!
(but tib sun firestorm, with cabal, was pretty cool)

They have ruined it with RA3 though, making it to silly and going over the top with trying to add sex appeal...

aside from that:
I think its obvious to see that Kacen is just a C&C hater...

Posted Image

#28 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:50 AM

I think that we could reasonably say that kacen is a bloody ideot. Kacen we're not interested seeing how much of a dick you can make of yourself, either stfu or gtfo

and as to those people who are bitching about the graphics from the older c&c titles, if you honestly exept games between 7 and 13 years old to be able to hold a flame to the graphics of today then your even dumber then I thought, and that really is saying something.

Edited by Rawlo, 06 December 2008 - 07:51 AM.

The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#29 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:30 AM

I think that we could reasonably say that kacen is a bloody ideot. Kacen we're not interested seeing how much of a dick you can make of yourself, either stfu or gtfo

I think we can reasonably say that drinking lemonade is better than drinking shit. Anyone who can't see that is blind. What is wrong with you, seriously? How can you drink shit? God you are disgusting. Also you stole my jacket give it back!

#30 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

The entire Red Alert series is beyond a reasonable doubt the worst C&C series. It's dumb, politically correct bullshit. If you honestly think it's good you're a commie or an idiot.

The amount of people masturbating to communism it's caused sickens me.

That was quite obviously the most pathetic thing your deluded little mind has come up with in a while. Politically correct? LMAO, right. And why the heck would a communist find it good? You have no idea what you are talking about, so you just toss around some terms and make absolutely ridiculous statements without any kind of logic whatsoever.

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.

I strongly suggest you reflect upon his sentence, I'm sure you can get some profit from it.

Now onto the real topic:
Personally, I have always preferred the Tiberium storyline over Red Alert, probably because of its depth and darker tone (especially in the sci-fi-ish TS and FS). I did enjoy playing RA2 a lot because it was quick, light-hearted (and -minded) action, but it didn't fascinate me as much as the Tiberium storyline did.
I have never owned Generals, but played a couple of missions with a friend of mine. It was ok to play, but definitely not Command and Conquer. More like some generic, standard RTS. The overdone stereotypes may be funny for a short while, but afterwards I found them rather annoying.

Edit: Also, this is absolutely unforgettable: Final Nod video in TS.
"The end... is the beginning".

Edited by Dark Lord of the Sith, 06 December 2008 - 12:55 PM.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#31 Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick
  • Project Team
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

I found the FMVs and the concepts to be the only enjoyable part of the Tiberium series. The gameplay was rather boring for me.

To me, Generals and RA 2 are the best games of CnC. The gameplay had me hooked for a long while before I got bored. And even then, Generals mods upped the ante, making it last years.
Posted Image

#32 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:10 PM

And even then, Generals mods upped the ante, making it last years.

Generals is only good with Shockwave.

Not trying to be fanboyish, I don't play the game anymore, but regardless it's the honest-to-God truth.

So in truth the only CNC that doesn't majorly suck is Generals/Zero Hour + Shockwave. That's it. Even then the dumb sage engine limits can still ruin your fun; trust me, I was a former beta tester.

#33 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:10 AM

"...trust me, I was a former beta tester. "

which is probebly what shoved that stick so far up your ass. being a beta tester means your having an esentially broken version of a game thrown in your lap because a dev team wants help finding just which ways it's screwed up, it certainly doesn't give any better a veiw on the finished product then anyone else gets

Edited by Rawlo, 07 December 2008 - 01:11 AM.

The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#34 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:27 AM

I wouldn't call it 'broken', it's more 'incomplete'.

#35 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:42 AM

I meant Beta Tester of Shockwave.

#36 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:08 AM

i must admit that generals seems to have more 'high quality' mods then most other C&C games. Shockwave, Contra, Remix, Rise of the Reds, just to name a few.

the graphics esspecially in generals mods just seem alot better/higher quality then the graphics made for other game mods (like tib sun and RA2 mods)

I think we can reasonably say that drinking lemonade is better than drinking shit. Anyone who can't see that is blind. What is wrong with you, seriously? How can you drink shit? God you are disgusting. Also you stole my jacket give it back!

wtf dude... your such a retard :p
that wasn't even funny, all it did was make you look like one of the biggest speds on the internet... did it make you feel cool? cause it defiantly lost you any respect anyone could have possible had for you before now (although, this kind of stupidity seems to be a growing trend with you...)

seriously... just leave before you embarrass yourself further...

Posted Image

#37 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

You know you stole my jacket back when we were vacationing in Utah, you said you were only borrowing it for a week but NOOOOO I haven't seen it for four years!

#38 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Jesus Kacen, just shut your fucking trap. You're not funny, you're not witty, you're not clever. You're nothing but an obnoxious cunt. Now please, go the fuck away. Revora needs less stupid lurking about.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#39 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

This is precisely one of the main factors why Command & Conquer sucked before generals. The dumb construction yard concept. Generals gave you the freedom to build anywhere.

Name a better pre-1995 RTS than Command and Conquer, and don't say Dune 2. The only real rival is Warcraft. Until NetStorm and Starcraft, Command and Conquer was the king.

"Building anywhere" is not conducive to making a good strategy game. Most of the better games have avoided that entirely.

Edited by ambershee, 07 December 2008 - 11:23 PM.

#40 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

Why the fuck would you want a GENERIC BUILD SYSTEM as apposed to an entirely unique system which works better anyway? Thats what I really wanna ask EALA.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users