#61 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

The objective of the game is to defeat your opponent. If 'blitzkrieg' tactics are how that works, then that's how people are going to roll.

#62 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

Having only one build location makes the game boring. No outposts, no large bases, no awesome fortresses, just two locations of focus for an entire map. For idiots who like games to be fast and unfun.

have you ever played C&C? the idea is to expand your base from the start point outwards to make a large base/awesome fortress, you can also capture tech buildings or make MCV's and move to other places and make bigger bases.

seriously, if you dont know how to do that then your not as bright as i thought...(then again, from how you've been acting recently i though you were a complete retard, so i guess that would mean you are as bright as i thought, seriously dude, it was just sad, i hope you are over it now)

anyway, i have no time now, but all im saying is the bad stuff you are talking about in C&C can all be wroked around quite easily...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

Ive never understood the point of destroying the enemy as fast as possible. It makes the game pointless, because you never get to play it.

Precisely why I hate CNC.

#64 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

Ive never understood the point of destroying the enemy as fast as possible. It makes the game pointless, because you never get to play it.

That's why I like playing Sins of a Solar Empire so much, a game can last over an hour cause it takes time to get a fleet built up and then there is the upgrades and taking planets that are already occupied or just have some random fleet just there to try and stop you from just taking it. When playing Zero Hour I like to turtle cause I like to make the game last, unfortunately the AI plays shitty as fuck after like 15 minutes or so and makes it not worth it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#65 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

Why play a game for an hour? It's boring, pointless and stale. I really think most of you underestimate RA2, ZH, TS, et al and how fast they are. They're not ALWAYS eight minute matches and many do take upwards of 20 to 30 minutes between fairly decent players. I'm far from great on RA2 but I hold my own for quite some time and get a 20 minute game in most of the time.

45 plus minute games aren't worth playing. They turn into trench warfare after a while where everyone sits the fuck around, playing with their pricks. I'm here to be entertained, not be bored to death. If I want that, I'll attend my H&R Block training sessions. ><

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#66 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:32 AM

Yeah, after a while it just gets boring, cause all you are doing is just spamming and spamming as much as you can, to try and make sure that you survive/win when the enemy comes in with the units they have been spamming the whole time...

And if you dont and instead do for the attack, you get wiped out and are left defenseless as they still have a bunch of units left after your attack, where as you dont have enough to defend yourself.

Thats why shorter games are better. Not rushes that are over straight away, but good length but fairly short games, where you can make a good army, go on the attack, and win/loose from there.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users