25 replies to this topic

#21 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

I haven't looked into this, but I would think that a site like sourceforge or tucows would have something free which would make an executable for Nazgul to offer his mod in ;)

I think I might have something in my archives as well, I recall packaging files into an executable some years ago, I just dont recall the program.... ;)

I don't know though if Naz wants to have it insisted we donate to a group unknown -or insisted we donate, period. I always thought Naz should put his paypal info out there to accept donations for his mod, but now I see why he doesn't. This would be like me going to some site where they download and discuss SEE and insist they donate to Naz too play it... :p but maybe I misunderstood your point, I hope
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

That application sounds fascinating Digi, but it's not for SEE. I wouldn't want anyone to spend hours of decompressing this mod :p

This topic is about wether we should use and Installer or not, and we should, cause I'm (as I'm sure most are) REALLY sick of all the CRAZY commotion of installing this mod, lol. Something so simple has grown to a portion of this forum that is already several times bigger than it should be. So we REALLY Need an installer - for Beta 4.7. The question is which. I'll personally look into this when Beta 4.7 is ready for "shipment" =)

About donations... I'd LOVE donations... who wouldn't? Only a dumb ass FOOL would say no to money. But... it's the modding morale (ppl around here would dispise me) and also and most importantly the legal aspects. I would assume it would be illegal to make money on modding someone elses (EA's) copyrighted material. Even though I spend hundereds of working hours on this project, and EVEN if the money comes as donations of free will. I'm not sure, but I think so...

Edited by Nazgûl, 09 September 2008 - 01:19 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Damn, I forgot to try out the installer... Does it work on Vista, then I can try it on my new laptop.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

I have no idea... Try and PM the guy who made it =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#25 *Ranger*

*Ranger*
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

Ive got vista and it works, but it took alot of trys

#26 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:54 PM

Why did you have to try several times? Because it didn't work properly?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users