Photo

Do we really want this guy as president?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

He is either faking because he's afraid he'll be called an elitist, a hypocrite, and other foul names, or he's just plain stupid, ignorant, forgetful, or senile. We can't risk another stupid and ignorant fool. We can't risk a senile and/or forgetful bastard. And we certainly can't have an elitist. And don't even think about calling Obama one. His net worth is recorded at around $1m, rather poor compared to most of our presidents. And all because you can speak well, have a great education, and aren't up to your neck in debt, or in the healthy weight range, that doesn't make you an elitist.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#2 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

Haha I read about this in The Daily Telegraph, they called it one of the greatest own-goals in political campaigns. ;)

#3 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

Understandably. If McCain wins, America will end up in a far worse state than they are currently in. I'm pretty much certain of that.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#4 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

If McCain wins, America will end up in a far worse state than they are currently in.
If Obama wins, America will end up in a far worse state than they are currently in.

Both are not good enough for the job
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

#5 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

If McCain wins, America will end up in a far worse state than they are currently in.
If Obama wins, America will end up in a far worse state than they are currently in.
If Clinton wins, America will end up in a far worse state than they are currently in.

Don't think Hillary is any better.

#6 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

Trust me, I don't ;)
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#7 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

So who does that leave you lot with, across the pond? You'd be better off with a supervillain and you all know it! ;) Or failing that, change your constitution and let Arnie take it. He'd make a damn fine job of it, I'm willing to bet.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#8 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

That leaves us with no one. I'm personnally for the no vote this year. (Although "The Governator" would be awesome))
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#9 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Instead of not voting, look at it this way: who would be better off running the country, a crazy conservative warmongering elitist, or a person who'd be doing a little "on the spot" learning, and who hasn't been contaminated by D.C. The only pro I can think of about McCain is the fact that he likes nuclear energy. But he likes gas more. Obama may appear to speak well, but he has to have the stuff in front of him (at least he's the one writing it). His style of speaking is so easy. We want, change, I like change, change is good, etc. But at least he's not boring and doesn't look like he's seen everything from the Crusades up to today. Obama actually is healthy, a rarity for a president.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 23 August 2008 - 08:15 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#10 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

I'm not to hip about a guy who's energy plan is to inflate your tires. Of course, I don't like the guy who has survived the black plague either.
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#11 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:21 AM

That's not his energy policy. If you think it is, then you are very poorly informed. He says that's something we can do to help IN THE SHORT TERM. Long term is 2+ years. He is hoping that, by then, that hybrids, fuel efficient vehicals, biofuels (no, not corn eth., everyone knows that was a failure), solar, wind, etc. will be better developed, and, under him, it would be. I also think that America can't take a guy that knows shit about the economy. McCain would probably have Romney run all his crap. Obama actually knows about the economy, he had to deal with community planning (or something like that), including salaries. Other stuff too. Plus McCain is an anti-femenist. Obama wants women to get equal wages as men, McCain doesn't. Look up political positions of Barack Obama on Wikipedia to learn about what he actually believes

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 24 August 2008 - 06:33 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#12 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

I have to say Beleg's reaction to the candidates is caused by the way the candidates in the US presidential election attack each-other. the only thing they hear is the negative stuff and nobody finds out the positive parts because they don't get as much cash as the attacks on the negative sides.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#13 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

Check out this article. Jack Cafferty rocks.

http://www.cnn.com/2...cain/index.html

#14 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

That was brilliant. :) That man is obviously a seasoned ranter.

#15 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

Yup, he is. And he's rather independent. He bashes both sides. He's good at what he does.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#16 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

That's not his energy policy. If you think it is, then you are very poorly informed.

I know that isn't his energy plan, I just think that was not a smart comment on his part because many people could think that. Though I will say, his energy plan has not been on the consistent side.

I have to say Beleg's reaction to the candidates is caused by the way the candidates in the US presidential election attack each-other. the only thing they hear is the negative stuff and nobody finds out the positive parts because they don't get as much cash as the attacks on the negative sides.

I totally agree with this duke. They spend too much time attacking the other side because more people like it when they see someoene make fun of the other side. It has become part of politics now.
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#17 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

How has his energy plan been inconsistent?
I'm creeping, not gone.

#18 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Well, he has switched sides multiple times about drilling off shore. However he is not the only one who has done this, as I believe McCain has too.
Posted Image
>>Political Compass<<

#19 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

No, we don't want McCain as president. We don't want Obama either.

The rant of the Democrats about "change" is every bit as petty as the insults thrown back and forth. The Democrats are the ruling party of the U.S. They control the Legislative branch and have more support than any other political party. Why should they want that to change? Obama will slightly change the way the Executive branch works. So would McCain. Only fringe parties want change, because they have no power and desire some. Both mainstream parties want to maintain the status quo.

The vote is not for Obama or McCain. The vote is for the two moderate, centrist parties or for a third party. Democrats and Republicans are similar enough that if a mainstream politician is elected, essentially the same thing will happen.

If I could vote, I'd still be rather uncertain which third party candidate to vote for. I would tend to vote Libertarian, but there's no way I want Bob Barr in charge. He'd be no better than McCain or Obama.

Posted Image

#20 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

IMO, the US doesn't have a perfect candidate because those qualified don't want the job. Too much political BS. So we have to choose from seasoned politicians or Obama. <== insert joke.

The logical reason people flip flop is either to please the masses or it's because they changed thier mind based on current events.

Example: McCain was against off shore drilling in 2000. But that was back when gas in the US was $1.25 a gallon. Now it's $4.00. I'd like to think I'd change my mind under those circumstances.

I'd rather a candidate who is called a flip flopper because he adjusted his position based on current situations rather than a hard headed candidate with an obsolete point of view but too proud to adjust it. I'd like to have a flexible leader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users