Photo

Do we really want this guy as president?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#21 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Agreed. That's why Mussolini is so underappreciated. That was exactly his view. Flexibility is the key. He was a brilliant leader until he fell in with Hitler.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#22 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

Well, he has switched sides multiple times about drilling off shore. However he is not the only one who has done this, as I believe McCain has too.

He didn't entirely switch. You have to do things to get elected. We shouldn't drill because we'll be out of gas by the time it opens and produces oil. Or on the brink of it. And it wouldn't help price if there was a stable amount of gas going in and out of the U.S. Do you know that it would take 20-30 years to set up that many drilling platforms, perhaps longer?

This reminded me of something else, as well. The "Gas Tax" holiday is a complete joke for 2 reasons. The money earned from gas taxes is used for a vast amount of different things. And another thing.... Gas stations would "mysteriously" hike up the price over night to make up for the Government's loss of revenue, at least under McCain, as he doesn't support regulation of gas companies.

And for those of you U.S. coast-dwellers thinking about voting for McCain, note this: McCain opposes any better aid to the people in New Orleans, or any future disasters. He also thinks that what the insurance compaines did was justified. And in addition to that, he thinks that insurance companies and gas companies don't deserve to be regulated. He also will "veto all beers." Hopefully, that includes his wife's.

No, we don't want McCain as president. We don't want Obama either.

What the hell makes YOU think that YOU actually have a brain enough to decide for us, the people of Revora? Most of us are in for Obama, or not at all. While some of us are in for McCain... their numbers aren't many. And if some of them found out what he REALLY stood for, he may not really have that much of a chance at popularity here on Revora.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 27 August 2008 - 09:23 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#23 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

And if some of them found out what he REALLY stood for, he may not really have that much of a chance at popularity here on Revora.

Yes, Revora, otherwise known as the People Of The World. I don't think his popularity on Revora is really going to affect his chances of winning the election much. McCain's clearly a moron, but who are you to say Obama's any better? He might turn out to be a complete fraud with less substance than a plate of breadcrumbs. Or he might completely botch it due to his comparative lack of political experience. You can't possibly know how good he'll be until he's been in power a few years.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#24 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

What the hell makes YOU think that YOU actually have a brain enough to decide for us, the people of Revora? Most of us are in for Obama, or not at all. While some of us are in for McCain... their numbers aren't many. And if some of them found out what he REALLY stood for, he may not really have that much of a chance at popularity here on Revora.

I used "we" because that was the way the topic title was phrased. I did not intend for it to be taken as an attempt to overrule the opinions of everyone on Revora and replace them with my own. There are no doubt many of us who support Obama. I did not wish to impose my views; merely state them.

As such, I do think that I have brain enough to decide for myself. And I'm not sure whether the end of the post is just McCain bashing or directed at me--but I'd like to make clear that my position is one of a third party. I do not care for Obama or McCain. Blowing up at a simple phrasing difference is not something that is necessary.

Edited by Ravnin IV, 27 August 2008 - 11:13 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:14 AM

No, we don't want McCain as president. We don't want Obama either.

(hmm, how does Caspa put it? Crappy Intellectual Idiot? Anyways.) Who says you have brain enough to bicker about one mans opinion, and if you would read it right and thought about it, you'd know he was speaking for those who wanted one of the third non-mainstream parties.

Edited by General Jenkins, 28 August 2008 - 02:15 AM.

#26 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:34 AM

CIL stop bashing Ravnin for difference of opinion and I mean right now. Also Ravnin I must commend you on keeping a level head.

Edited by Soul, 28 August 2008 - 06:17 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#27 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

Locked for a 24 hour cooling off period pending further review of the topic (May be locked permanently and warnings issued).
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users