Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

Added responses below!

- The Pavillion of Tears claims to be able to build Chorus Repairers but there is no such unit or icon -- Can be fixed but Harlies have no units that can repair
- The Troupe Portal claims to build Troubadiers or something like that, but again there is no such unit or icon -- Fixable in UCS
- The Great harlequin is described as having riveblades, but the model has 2 shuriken pistols -- 3d issue but unsure if this will be addressed
- Master Mime cannot be attached to any units -- thought thats "working as designed"?
- The Mime haywire bombs need renaming because of what they do -- Fixable in UCS
- When using Shadowseer powers, the pop-up box describes eldar Farseer powers -- Fixable in UCS
- The Holographic projection of the Shadowseer cannot be used on anything -- Ability will be looked at
- The animation when units capture points needs redoing (they look very static, like when you are texturing a model i would say) -- 3d issue for modder
- The Master Mime haywire bombs have too shorter range (the range is the same as his selection ring) -- Ability will be looked at
- Need an Icon for the Death Jesters bright lance -- 2d icon will be looked at
- The Last Laugh ability for the Great Harlequin doesn't work (like the Word of the Emperor and Fanatical power didn't work in DC 1.0) -- Ability will be looked at
- Units can be deepstruck into fog of war -- thought thats "working as designed"? This is a "gameplay feature" of the Harlequins
- Need models and textures for when a model is upgraded with a new weapon i.e. fusion pistol, harlequins kiss, bright lance -- 3d issue for modder
- Spirit Walker needs a completely new model - Suggest geting the NEW Codex Wraithlord for the Harlequins -- Being worked on by Catwell in a MAJOR WAY! Same with WraithLord and MockingBird!!
- It is overpowered that all of the Harlequins have a knockdown effect when they charge - it is annoying as they knock them down, then move away, and they shouldn't all have it anyway. -- Balance issue can be addressed
- The Solitaire always uses the knockdown effect so is never actually engaged in close combat with lone characters (he is ok with larger squads but not small and lone units) -- Balance issue can be addressed
- No unit can repair buildings (I assume that that was what Shin planned Chorus Repairers to do ) - Can be fixed but Harlies have no units that can repair
- Death Jesters should only use 2 vehicle cap -- Balance issue can be addressed
- Vibro Cannon upgrade for the Mocking Bird when Rhana Dhadra is researched is too effective against vehicles and buildings - it wins 1v1 with an all-lascannon predator. Save the AT for the Death Jesters -- Balance issue can be addressed
- Death Jesters can still use the Shrieker shot when upgraded with bright lances - although, since the Shrieker cannon should always fire the Shrieker shot the ability should be removed and placed as the default firing mode for Death Jesters with Shrieker cannons -- Balance issue can be addressed
- Solitaire is said to be armed with a neuro-disruptor, but the firing of the weapon is not as it should be - Neuro-disruptor is a template weapon like the flamer. The damage is ok though. -- Can be looked at.
- Solitaire dance of death ability doesn't always work -- Relic bug since its using the vanilla Harlequins Dance ability?
- Death Jesters claim to be upgradeable with missile launchers and they are not -- Fixable in UCS
- When building the Masque Portal and the Temple of the Laughing God, they go from no visible structure all the way up until right at the end when they suddenly appear as whole buildings -- 3d issue but all buildings need a make over while some need completely new models.
- Veil of Tears and Infantry Accuracy researches take way too long to research -- helps balance out faction, we don't want things moving too fast do we?
- Cannot visibly see your own minefields - what minefields? Those were removed in current build.
- Venom shouldn't use vehicle cap but have a hardcap of 3-5 in my opinion -- hmm like an SM Rhino? To be discussed.
- Units should ride the Venom like in the Dark Ear on the raiders i.e. the units are still visible on the vehicle in the back -- no one has ever got their transports to show infantry riding in them. Sorry. Blame IronLore for hardcoding this.
- Choreographer troupes have no animation when using their sync kills. -- 3d issue with modder.
- Shadowseer's invisibility aura needs to have its icon changed (it's the Necron Lord's Veil icon, right now) -- 2d icon will be looked at
- When Mimes are building something, and they move around the building, they seem to 'slide' around instead of moving. -- 3d issue with modder.
- Shadowseer's .. AoE spell (I don't remember what it was called ;~; ) claims that it does massive morale damage -- It also does a lot of normal damage as well! -- Ability will be looked at
- Great Harlequin has two Shuriken pistols, but it seems to shoot at the rate of a shuriken catapult for some reason. (Not sure if it was intended or not) - Weapon can be looked at.

- AI Donations system needs to be fixed -- easy to do!
- AI needs to not CTD the game -- easy to do!

- Warlock upgrades need to be replaced with troupe masters (and obviously new models for the troupe master) -- to be discussed.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#2 GMB

GMB
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hey thud i found one that you could add to my list

-Units should ride the Venom like in the Dark Ear on the raiders i.e. the units are still visible on the vehicle in the back

And the Troupe Portal claims to build Troubadours, i checked what it was called :blush:

And you can remove my point about the minefields since that was the wrong version :p

#3 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:07 PM

Updated!

#4 geodav

geodav
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

- Spirit Walker needs a completely new model - I would suggest trying to get the Codex wraithlord (new codex) done for the Harlequins

i'm sure stranger or catwell did the wraithlord for shin but it wasn't added in the last build

UT40K - Warhammer 40,000 for UT3
UT40K - UT3 Tutorials - Characters - Weapons - Vehicles - FaceFX
UDK Tutorials - Basics - Vehicles - Characters - Weapons

#5 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

Oh a WraithLord made to be a SpiritWalker you say? How would you know about that nicety? :thumbsupdrool: There are some Harlequin models that never made it in yet. Catwell did a superb MockingBird but it never made the cut. :(

#6 geodav

geodav
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

i'm sure it was mentioned on the old Harli forums before it went down, there might also have been a warwalker for the craftworld, but only shin will know for certain

#7 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

There was much cool stuff for Craftworld let me say. :p For Harlies, yes the SpiritWalker was ready to be rigged/animated but it sits idle for anyone to get done.

#8 Tea

Tea
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:10 AM

You've made a nice list there, thudmeizer.

- It is overpowered that all of the Harlequins have a knockdown effect when they charge - it is annoying as they knock them down, then move away, and they shouldn't all have it anyway.

Perhaps it should be made into an upgrade -- similar to the Feral Leap ability of the Kroot?

- Vibro Cannon upgrade for the Mocking Bird when Rhana Dhadra is researched is too effective against vehicles and buildings - it wins 1v1 with an all-lascannon predator. Save the AT for the Death Jesters

I also think it's a bit overpowered against infantry and commanders. It keeps them continually disabled -- they can't even get out of it, not to mention that it does a very decent amount of damage. The Mocking Bird definitely means certain death to commanders not attached in squads, and single infantry units as well (like commissars or priests).

:p

Edited by Tea, 05 September 2008 - 04:16 AM.

#9 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:26 AM

Well once the Harlies get the VibroCannon on their Mocking Birds once the RandaDandra Tier3->4 upgrade happens then its pretty much game over for any enemy. However, Harlies are quite vulnerable up to that point before that upgrade so it sorta balances out. Remember, Harlies require alot of micro to win so they are NOT an easy faction to play as.

#10 GMB

GMB
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:29 PM

You've made a nice list there, thudmeizer.

No, i've made a nice list there thank you. All of that list was made by myself (Not being snotty but needs to be known)

- It is overpowered that all of the Harlequins have a knockdown effect when they charge - it is annoying as they knock them down, then move away, and they shouldn't all have it anyway.

Perhaps it should be made into an upgrade -- similar to the Feral Leap ability of the Kroot?

Yes but it is the fact that the Harlequins move away from the enemy after knocking them down that is silly. Although it should be a researched ability called Furious Charge because they do have that rule

- Vibro Cannon upgrade for the Mocking Bird when Rhana Dhadra is researched is too effective against vehicles and buildings - it wins 1v1 with an all-lascannon predator. Save the AT for the Death Jesters

I also think it's a bit overpowered against infantry and commanders. It keeps them continually disabled -- they can't even get out of it, not to mention that it does a very decent amount of damage. The Mocking Bird definitely means certain death to commanders not attached in squads, and single infantry units as well (like commissars or priests).

Which means the enemy has to play tactically rather than sending their commander in first all by itself

#11 geodav

geodav
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

i can have a look at the SpiritWalker if you want, not sure how much will be needed but i can try

#12 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

That would be Catwell who has it and do believe THIS is what you thought it was (its the one on the left).

However, I'm unsure what you mean - it needs to be rigged, animated, OE'ed, put ingame, and FX'ed applying sounds/voices/code/etc. The part I gather you were offering is the rigging/animating?

#13 Tea

Tea
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

Oh, sorry about that GMB. I had no idea. :p

#14 GMB

GMB
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

lol it's ok that's why i was telling you :mellow:

#15 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:41 PM

Yes that was GMB's list.. we need more of that but especially from die-hard who live, breath, and poo Harlies on a weekly and monthly basis. You have to almost literally worship and sacrifice to a Craftworld in order to want to help us out. :mellow:

#16 geodav

geodav
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:00 PM

i'll do the rigging + anims, as for the rest i could try. maybe we could use to stuff from the normal eldar wraithlord to start with

#17 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

Wow.. GeoDav.. that would be utterly generous of you. Thanks.. I'll notify Shin.

#18 geodav

geodav
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

just extracted the wraithlord content so i'm ready and waiting :mellow:

#19 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

Yer gonna clone the rig and anim to apply it to the custom Catwell SpiritWalker I showed in the photo? U might need to do it all over again since the SpiritWalker has a massive sword this time around as you saw. :mellow:

#20 Tea

Tea
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

If I could add to the list D:

-Choreographer troupes have no animation when using their sync kills.
-Shadowseer's invisibility aura needs to have its icon changed (it's the Necron Lord's Veil icon, right now)
-When Mimes are building something, and they move around the building, they seem to 'slide' around instead of moving.
-Shadowseer's .. AoE spell (I don't remember what it was called ;~; ) claims that it does massive morale damage -- It also does a lot of normal damage as well!
-The Great Harlequin has two Shuriken pistols, but it seems to shoot at the rate of a shuriken catapult for some reason. (Not sure if it was intended or not)

That's mostly it for me. Sorry if I listed anything irrelevant or plain stupid.

Edited by Tea, 07 September 2008 - 05:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users