Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image

owned lol :rolleyes:

Organic Weapons? Geez, these people are insane.

#123 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:47 AM

yeah, although i dont think they are real somehow, im pretty sure they were suppose to be art...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#124 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

Nice picture there. :good:

Anyway, to stop dragging this a mile and a half off topic, guns do not equal drugs, the situation is far from the same in every respect except that in which they are both illegal in lots of countries.

It seems strange to me that guns, designed to kill other people, should be legal, when drugs, only some of which cause harm to your own body, are illegal. While you might argue that drug crime is a serious issue, you will also have to admit that most drug crime-related deaths are caused by guns, not the drugs themselves. It's a vicious spiral, but it is the guns that cause the ultimate harm.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#125 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

How can you say they don't equal drugs, and least in some ways? Yes, they're two different things, but in principle, if they are outlawed they will have many similarites. A huge underground network. We've already shown you can make guns at home.
You have to take the American character into consideration. Any time something is illegal, it makes it more desirable. Alcohol, when it was outlawed, drugs, and guns, if they are outlawed.

It seems strange to me that guns, designed to kill other people, should be legal, when drugs, only some of which cause harm to your own body, are illegal. While you might argue that drug crime is a serious issue, you will also have to admit that most drug crime-related deaths are caused by guns, not the drugs themselves. It's a vicious spiral, but it is the guns that cause the ultimate harm.

....And I think some of the softer drugs should be legal. :crazed:
So we can tax and regulate it if nothing else :good:
Not caused by guns. They're caused by drugs, hence drug crime. Guns are nothing more than a means to an end. You have to realise that. It's the person wielding it, not the object itself. Objects can't be evil.

Now, for the kill all reason. We have guns so we can't be oppressed by ours or any other government. And let me tell you, I feel like rebelling right now :p
But killing any opposition is no fun, so ignore it :shiftee:

............Sorry, I couldn't stay away :crazed:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#126 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

General Jenkins, going back to the context thing, see the quotation marks? I never meant it, it's a rebuttal to something Beowulf said earlier. His was on purpose, mine was how you could refute it :shiftee: now THAT'S context.

Edited by Puppeteer, 30 September 2008 - 09:34 PM.

#127 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:39 AM

General Jenkins, going back to the context thing, see the quotation marks? I never meant it, it's a rebuttal to something Beowulf said earlier. His was on purpose, mine was how you could refute it :crazed: now THAT'S context.

I know it was in context, it still doesn't change the fact that you called me a redneck, intended or not, I take that as an offense, no where did it say if it were meant or not, even if it were to be implied I still have my doubts.

Edited by General Jenkins, 01 October 2008 - 01:39 AM.

#128 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

I know it was in context

You don't otherwise you would've seen that I didn't mean it! Look:

We could come up with our own:

If I would've said will, then I would have meant it. It was in response to Beowulf's completely unimportant rant which tried to force us to realize that insulting someone + telling them to "grow a pair" would persuade them onto their side of the arguement. It was irrelevant and unnecessary, so my speech-marked post was about how that's unfair, and can play 2 ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users