• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:59 AM

Well since no one is posting anymore, I was wondering if Mig can give us a release even if it's just the Germans, Americans and Soviets, even if its bugged, just something to keep us busy pls? I played Company of Heroes but it doesn't have naval and aircrafts so I got bored, and getting owned by the AI is not an idea of fun anymore. I played Axis & Allies but got bored with the gameplay. I played the ZH mod Blitzkrieg 2 but it's shit, uninstalled it and wrecked my Zero Hour, have to reinstall the damn game. Although Cold War Crisis keeps me occupied, I'm still craving for a World War 2 rts. No, I don't want to try the retail Blitzkrieg and Sudden Strike 3, they deserve to flop because they don't give a damn about skirmish, base building gameplay.

Mig, will it hurt if you can give us a release even if it's half-assed?

#2 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:24 AM

I'm sorry but I'm not going to release anything until I'm happy with the overall shape of the mod. D-day atm is partially playable but there is too much temp Gfx & unrefined code. A release is getting closer everyday, quite possibly before the end of the year but right now it's not gona happen.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Gen.Newbie_*

Guest_Gen.Newbie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:23 AM

well glad to hear that MIG keep up the good work! thumbs up! ;) ;)

#4 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:26 AM

Ah hell, I tried my best.

Mig I hope some unfinished bridges and bunkers is not what's keep D-Day from being finished. I wouldn't mind if it's Italy or the French, but not those thingies that neccesarily have to be on D-Day.

#5 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

About 50 vxls, 100 building shps, & a thousand tmp are what's keeping D-Day from being released, as for completely finished tho multiple that by about three...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

About 50 vxls, 100 building shps, & a thousand tmp are what's keeping D-Day from being released, as for completely finished tho multiple that by about three...

are you still using madhqs building? Snice you remake them all the time I am not sure.
Posted Image

#7 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:14 AM

No chance guys ;)

Just the fact terrain isn't done makes even gameplay vids now not possible and given the depth D-Day has planned you'll just have to wait as last thing Mig wants to do is serve his mod as fast/junk food style. It may please you initially but you get annoyed by issues in long run.

Edited by Apollo, 11 September 2008 - 06:15 AM.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#8 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

Ummm yeah, we got the gist from Mig already. ;)

#9 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:45 AM

I haven't talked to MadHQ for awhile so not sure what is happening about the buildings, I made some more myself however but as usual they are still a WIP.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

I haven't talked to MadHQ for awhile so not sure what is happening about the buildings, I made some more myself however but as usual they are still a WIP.

I think you should use madhqs buildings, they r very nice.
Also if you need infantry, I think you should convert from CIV3. They got loads of WWII infantry.
Posted Image

#11 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

I'm already using a few Civ3 Infantry ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Naruto

Naruto
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:42 AM

it seems that people are getting impatient of waiting for this mod to be done..lol

Indigo :shiftee:

#13 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:04 AM

I can understand that Indigo is getting a bit "impatient" after all he has been following D-day since nearly the beginning :shiftee:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:32 PM

it seems that people are getting impatient of waiting for this mod to be done..lol

Indigo

Lawl, since 2003 to be exact.

#15 Guest_trevordbs_*

Guest_trevordbs_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:31 AM

Mig...
ive been following you damn mod for ages.
i don't even own a copy of RA2 anymore.
I dont even play pc games anymore.

havent checked in at derelict in ages.

thought id google dday.

and still, to this day...not released.

and im not suprised. =P

keep truckin migg

#16 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

After all these years, I'd see DDay a brief interactive WW2 encyclopaedia rather than simply a game :p
So Comrade Eater, The People will follow you and the HOLY COURSE OF DDAY to Hell:thumbsupsmiley:
yet they may need something to feed their starving soul sometime :p

PS: If needed, I believe all the fans will be glad to offer some help.

#17 Guest_long_time_follower_*

Guest_long_time_follower_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

I'm sorry but I'm not going to release anything until I'm happy with the overall shape of the mod. D-day atm is partially playable but there is too much temp Gfx & unrefined code. A release is getting closer everyday, quite possibly before the end of the year but right now it's not gona happen.

So uhm... It's been almost a year since you posted this. Are you any closer to release now? Has the "to do"-list become shorter? I know you've been working on this, but it could be that you've been making up new things to do in the past year, so that the list hasn't shrunk at all.

#18 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

I have two sides 90% finished now, a year ago most sides where only 40% ish done at best. Progress on D-day the past year has been a lot slower then before but that's because I've been working on bigger more important things rather then lots of small stuff.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

As he said before. When he thinks its done its done.
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Guest_Alex_*_*

Guest_Guest_Alex_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

Very happy to hear that 2 sides are 90% finished, because you need at least 2 sides to start a war and thus... play DDAY beta. I hope 2009 will be a lucky year for DDAY. Also thanks for not requiring registration on forum, that is remarkable soo i respect you for that and will not spam or course or just criticize you, i have the shout box for that! Keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users