Why is this mod so ridiculous?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AnonymousLulz_*

Guest_AnonymousLulz_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:12 AM

Why does it take so long to build new units? Why does the Balrog have 50,000 health and remain for about 5 minutes before he eventually disappears? Why does it take forever for every unit apart from siege to destroy buildings? Why is the Grond almost unbeatable? Why does it cost 25,000 to build a new fortress?

This mod is ridiculous, plain and simple. Bunch of kids who don't have a clue what they're doing. Get back to me when it becomes decent, thanks. I do like the edits to the Witch King though.

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:17 AM

Yes, WHY oh WHY... dear Lord!

I did it all just to get this post from you. I love to annoy ppl. That's why.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:48 AM

Why does it take so long to build new units? Why does the Balrog have 50,000 health and remain for about 5 minutes before he eventually disappears? Why does it take forever for every unit apart from siege to destroy buildings? Why is the Grond almost unbeatable? Why does it cost 25,000 to build a new fortress?

Oh god - this is funny, you actually went to the bother to find out all these things about the mod just to post a complaint, you obviously don't understand the idea behind the mod and I aint explaining :rolleyes:

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 20 September 2008 - 03:48 AM.

Posted Image

#4 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:52 AM

Cool! I'm a "kid" again! YAY!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:54 AM

Hehe yes I agree. His intention was probably not to be funny, but it really is funny :rolleyes:

I have a saying: "It takes a very small man to think you gain respect from disrespecting others". In my line of work, I meet punks like this quite often, and most of them are just empty shells, hiding behing a mask of testosteron on steroids, lol. This is obviously just a n00b on rampage wanting to come across as cool. I wonder if he realizes that I'm probably twice his age, and that if those are his major concerns he should never have downloaded SEE to begin with. Personally I eat with my eyes open, so to speak ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:58 AM

Good saying to keep in mind.

hiding behing a mask of testosteron on steroids

Puberty with a keyboard!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

Indeed ;)
I do hope he will return though, to enlighten us more on this thrilling subject of SEE's affect on this poor guys mind... :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#8 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:49 AM

What a doodie head! :rolleyes:

#9 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:34 AM

Rofl he must be joking :rolleyes:

At least he has noticed all those things just by himself ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

He meant ridiculously realistic.. :rolleyes:
I'll admit, it's to realistic for my taste, but I don't complain, cause we all have different tastes ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#11 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

Mapper,Begginer Modeler and Animator

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Projects:World Builder Battle Of the Crater Map BFME2

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

SEE 4.5 was made a year ago.You are foolish to think that it is ridiculous.who would want to play vanilla BFME 2?
What is the motherland,when you know you weren't born of land?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

He meant ridiculously realistic.. :crazed:
I'll admit, it's to realistic for my taste, but I don't complain, cause we all have different tastes :)

Well, there's a BIG difference in complaining, and being disrespectful ;)

SEE 4.5 was made a year ago.You are foolish to think that it is ridiculous.who would want to play vanilla BFME 2?

Actually, it's more than 2 years ago... :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#13 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

Mapper,Begginer Modeler and Animator

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Projects:World Builder Battle Of the Crater Map BFME2

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

That strengthens my point then Nazgul.
What is the motherland,when you know you weren't born of land?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, it does :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

I love him cause he bluntly pointed out a few of SEE's main changes That are intentionally put there and twists em to be a bug or some fault left over DEV testing...
5/5 stars kid try not to choke.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#16 Dharko

Dharko
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:48 AM

Just Let him go Naz...

A shadow in the garden of Eden...

Edited by Dharko, 23 September 2008 - 01:52 AM.

#17 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:07 PM

Who said I haven't :D
I don't mind morons. They're everywhere, just like bacteria is a part of the rectum :D

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#18 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:51 AM

PERHAPS his argument would have made more sense if he'd bothered to realize that the 'flaws' he's pointed out are HIGH POINTS of the mod :p

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

But in the heart of its power lies weakness...

It takes but a single candle to hold it back...

Love is more then a candle...

Love can ignite the stars.

#19 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

I don't play this mod much, for the reason of units taking (in my opinion) far too long to build and have too much armor, although I recognise that this is in the interest of avoiding any rushing tactics (but hey, it shouldn't take about ten minutes to produce two small hordes of orcs). And perhaps the buildings are a tad too strong, though I respect the fact that they are stronger than how EA did them (which was ridiculous - two men armed with swords could tear down a farm in a minute or so). I think I would have made them stronger, but not as strong as you did, and less resistant to weapons such as fire-bombs and flaming torches, which are practically designed for destroying buildings. It seems to me that the whole point of the original game was to be able to think fast, use military tactics, and outmanuevre the enemy, not sit back firing catapults at each other, which appears to be the only way to win here. This mod lacks a bit of pace, but apart from that, it rocks hardcore. You have made immaculate attention to detail, and the element of realism is excellent. Keep going, guys.

#20 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

@Lauri: Now, THIS is the difference between complaining and being disrespectful :p
The initial poster was disrespectful (and loads of other things). This below is a normal complaint, and therefore deserves a normal answer. EVEN if this has been up 873262847667542176214574 times ;)

See answers below...

I don't play this mod much, for the reason of units taking (in my opinion) far too long to build and have too much armor, although I recognise that this is in the interest of avoiding any rushing tactics (but hey, it shouldn't take about ten minutes to produce two small hordes of orcs).
- And that's why it doesn't, and never have. Nothing takes 10 mins. Not even fortresses. You'll have two hordes in 2 minutes, if you have two pits. Or 4 hordes in 2 mins if you have 4 pits. Why do all ppl seem to think there's only ONE of each thing? ;)

And perhaps the buildings are a tad too strong, though I respect the fact that they are stronger than how EA did them (which was ridiculous - two men armed with swords could tear down a farm in a minute or so).
- No, 15 men could tear down a structure in 10 seconds. Nothing lasted even one minute in the vanilla game...

I think I would have made them stronger, but not as strong as you did, and less resistant to weapons such as fire-bombs and flaming torches, which are practically designed for destroying buildings.
- I guess you mean in game then, and not real life ;) It would take about 12 hours or so to "destroy" the building completely with a torch (as you'd have to wait for it to burn down, hehe). But the real answer here is that the game is NOT balanced yet, and it WON'T be (100%) until ALL things are added. You don't edit and cut a movie until all scenes are shot ;)

It seems to me that the whole point of the original game was to be able to think fast, use military tactics, and outmanuevre the enemy, not sit back firing catapults at each other, which appears to be the only way to win here.
- Yes, and that's why I mod it. Cause I HATE the original game! :p

This mod lacks a bit of pace, but apart from that, it rocks hardcore. You have made immaculate attention to detail, and the element of realism is excellent. Keep going, guys.
- Thanks ;) It will always lack something in someone's eyes though. Lack a unit, a hero, a name, a price, a spell.... or whatever, like balance. We'll see what you think when SEE's finally finished some day =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users