Photo

Wondering about that Iloo guy?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

Isn't it a little funny that a few weeks ago we get a Turkish guy who comes along to the RS forums and for some reason shows flatout devotion to us? Usually it wouldn't have mattered so much, we love fans because fans make modding what it is, except the guy in question came along with a really bad grasp of English as if he wanted attention by using ALL CAPS, putting whatever he said through a translator only to come out as a garbled "I LOVE YOU ROBOT STORM" and spamming us and begging us to release RS 2.0. His reign of spamming didn't stop there however, he made his way to Youtube where he posted "WHEN IS ROBOT STORM RELEASE" on our RS videos, and then he found out about Holy_Master's Reign of Steel mod at PPM and then started pestering for a RoS release, making garbled posts over there as well.

Well, we banned Iloo because of this, though we warned him multiple times and he came back several times with more accounts to circumvent the ban. After a week or two of silence from him we wondered what he was up to, then Apollo discovered through a Turkish Hamachi site that the guy was ripping RS 1.99 to make his new RS "1.99.5" update mod, releasing modified rules.ini and artmd.ini files as well as a link to our original 1.99. His garbled words on making this was:

"1.99 Released Sorry All Robot Storm Players Workİng A 1.99.5 Uptadet To 1.99"

Want to know what he did? Well, watch and laugh, we couldn't believe it either.

Posted Image
Behold, the FL Nexus wraith frigate?

Posted Image
"New" terrain! And Soviet Conscripts!

Posted Image
Brand new Armageddon tank!

Continuing on we see some Robot Storm promotion pictures we did, and some requests for 3D SHP artists and so on.. he calls it "Robot Storm 2.0 Beta Opened!" I know for a fact we have no 2.0 beta stuff or anything at this time, so what is he doing.. is he trying to claim he's making RS?

Posted Image
"New Zephry Drone And Drenaguath Tank" which is actually a public resource Pelican and MMK3 voxel.

Posted Image
PR LKO Mech Bay and some.. sorta.. AL barracks? Another screenshot has him ripping Chinese lab public resources.

Either way, Iloo is getting blacklisted for releasing his "upgraded RS mod". Ash had an FAQ reply to someone who did the same thing, and the same answer still stands:

"Do you honestly believe Apollo spent the last three years making this mod so some n00b shmuck could come along, put his grubby paws and stolen assets all over it and say "here's a better version"? Seriously, I dunno about Apollo, but I'd consider that pretty insulting. If you absolutely must, edit it privately but don't dare to publicise it."

Putting two and two together we were curious why he wants 2.0 released so badly, as well as Reign of Steel. Needless to say this will just increase our awareness when we finish RS 2.0 so no assets can be ripped and then stuck together with more public resource stuff in a mangled way.

Edited by Elerium, 24 November 2008 - 12:48 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

Hm,I think he wants these mods just for his personal satisfaction.

I mean,at an moment,looooooooong time ago,when firstly found MO,found out that it didn't worked with my illegal copy of YR.(yes I had one,now owning the original TFD) and started off working on something that wanted to give me the feeling of MO.

It was an old,personal mod,I worked on it,like,2 weeks,and then said to myself,that its pointless,as the original will never replace an ugly copy.

Never showed off something to the public,mostly because saw later that people were commenting that WAY too many mods looked like cheap MO copies,and I understood that.

Luckily for humanity,I destroyed that thing.

Some will now bash me for saying these,but,you know what?I have been honest as no one around has been.I recognised it.

#3 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

haha, this guy must have a retarded disease. I hope some Administrator read this and DNS ban him here forever. And he will never be able to D/L RS 2.0 when its released :ninja:
Posted Image

#4 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

In comparison to the iloo guy,at least I didn't ripped anything.

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

If your gunna rip something, do it properly and rip a whole mod! :ninja:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Cloaked Decimator

Cloaked Decimator

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

so uhhh does anybody have the link to website if you do link here and so everone can see it. i just wanna laugh at the fail Iloo haz created. And Who noes apollo and Ash might do some trollin :333333

still......he's got balls to that and thats pretty crazy and risky to do.
場合は、北朝鮮へのExceliza Rynexを追う見られて見て

#7 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

http://www.hamachitu...?t=66455&page=3

its forum infact but anyway in turkish so... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#8 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:46 PM

lmao

leech killer ftw

this is a legimitate reason for it to exist.
Posted Image

#9 Cloaked Decimator

Cloaked Decimator

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:07 PM

http://www.hamachitu...?t=66455&page=3

its forum infact but anyway in turkish so... :rolleyes:

heh heh heh i sorta found using google and i got a Database error with this link C: lol

#10 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:39 AM

Oh dear god.....

He asked me for a download link to my mod too but I'm not even near releasing a beta yet I still got things I wanna put from paper to mod yet

anyone know what terrain that is I dunno if its mads terrain anyways

Edited by SSTG, 29 September 2008 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Cloaked Decimator

Cloaked Decimator

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:20 AM

Oh dear god.....

He asked me for a download link to my mod too but I'm not even near releasing a beta yet I still got things I wanna put from paper to mod yet

it probably is his.......iloo's pretty crazy......

#12 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  No Modding skills whatsoever.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:56 AM

Hah. This is rather funny.

Although, he was about the only source of activity for quite some time.
Posted Image
Bored.

#13 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:06 AM

Hah. This is rather funny.

Although, he was about the only source of activity for quite some time.

Yes, this low activity is unfortunate and my fault but then not been so much to talk about but since we're on subject, I have considered a modding blog thread for RS and no, i would only fill in when got something done and if its art..showcase unless secret but then i would hint.

of course it could have its drawback as things progress by small bits given current work force so might not help some ppl's faith :good:

any thoughts? :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#14 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 29 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

I thought of doing the same thing before, so it should be a good idea. :good:

Posted Image

#15 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

Oh dear god.....

No, I think thats gamemates terrain from FC.

nope. Gamemates looks difference and was mutch better.
Posted Image

#16 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, Gamemates was lighter...

Posted Image

#17 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Epic lulz. Maybe Bolt will no longer complain about my having banned this little shit.

Be warned, rippers. You will be found out and publicly humiliated.

It does pain me to see something as beautiful as RS be so completely...well, raped and defiled (it matters not what way you look at it, that's what happened there. :good: ), it is nice to see iloo exposed for what he really was. I actually thought he was some sort of bot at first.

#18 anonymous

anonymous
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

Ilooooooooooooool :good:
Spam is one of the most annoying things (and slows mod progress).
And ripping is bad too.
Iloo is typical example of spammer and ripper.
When I am thinking about new things in my mod, I am thinking about originality, too.
You can modify another's mod, BUT it must be far different and USE ONLY THOSE contents, which AREN'T BREAKING copyrights.

In fact it's much easier to do mod from unmoded game. :wink:

Iloo is either too young to understand or stupid or guy who likes annoy the others. :p

(sorry I am not logged normally, I must be using unprotected public wi-fi connection now)

partyzanPaulZy

#19 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

Lol, partyzan posted as Anonymous and somehow it gave access to the account? Odd...

Other than iloo, Anony is my most hated person on this forum.

#20 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Well, yesterday I have only access to unprotected wi-fi, university school year has started and I had to be housed in one dormitory (not enough commute credits for uni housing) with slow net access (and I caught faster wifi connection here, but it can be "taped"). Now I have access to slower cable connection. And it's pretty easy to log in as Anonymous.
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users