• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#21 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 07:45 PM

pistons? They may be nice in the German advance power plant or in the Russian industrial plant (new model)
Together with best modders since 2003.

#22 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 28 October 2003 - 10:43 PM

MiG carry on with your excellet work to detail , what ever model you will make dude, will have the same quality , just people have diff tastes , it might look shabby , but its fockin great detail :)
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#23 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:47 AM

:) thx

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Kremlin69

Kremlin69
  • New Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:54 PM

will that truck in the MCV actually do anything (like bring in supplies) or is it just for show?

#25 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 04:14 PM

Just for show.. :!:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#26 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 29 October 2003 - 05:40 PM

That truck is the MCV...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 08:20 AM

I think the con yard should be a bit bigger, with some tents perhaps? But I must admit, I love it! :)
How will the plane units fly from the hangar? I mean, will it like have a take-off and landing animations or just lift-off and land?

I really love those structures, but a little detail would be nice, but still love it, keep it coming Mig! :D

#28 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 30 October 2003 - 09:36 AM

The planes take off just like in RA2 (it's the only way)

The hanger is a tech building & you need it to build the big bombers

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 07:56 PM

perhaps it would be better to have the big bombers (B17s , lancasters etc)
as airstrikes you call in ... how would they fit on those airfields with the size they are at (then again I guess you can always re-scale stuff)
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#30 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 08:26 PM

not possible, airstrikes are used for superweapons (think about superfortress with nuke etc...)
Together with best modders since 2003.

#31 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 01 November 2003 - 08:50 AM

You can do that in Generals but not in RA2...

At the moment you can put 4 planes on a runway but I might change that to two & half the price of them, as they do look a bit cramped :|

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Dave

Dave

title available

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 11:54 PM

whow... they are überkool... but i think the factory looks small for wat it is....
Proud supporter of the FZVA
GoTo: http://www.fvza.org/

#33 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:16 AM

this question is more to do with civilian buildings but here goes :

would it be possible to give an extended sight bonus for when you garisson certain buildings : for example you send your men into a church tower and they get to see further (because they are high up etc) , or is this only possible on scripted maps ?
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

#34 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:48 AM

..only possible on scripted maps.. in fact if infantry enters a building their range and sight is reduced.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#35 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 02:17 PM

oh well :? I guess it could always be possible to do that on one or two maps then.

#36 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 02 November 2003 - 07:43 PM

would it be possible to give an extended sight bonus for when you garisson certain buildings

yes... just edit the buildings sight

in fact if infantry enters a building their range and sight is reduced.

That's because the buildings sight is smaller then the infantry's

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:24 PM

Actually the building sight is hardcoded for a max. I'll look into it. :shock:

Urban Combat (Yuri's Revenge)
(YR) OccupyDamageMultiplier=
Since weapons are tied to the Occupant of a building in Yuri's Revenge (rather than the building itself a sin standard Red Alert 2), this defines the multiplier to the units weapon Damage= when it is fired from inside a structure.

(YR) OccupyROFMultiplier=
Since weapons are tied to the Occupant of a building in Yuri's Revenge (rather than the building itself as in standard Red Alert 2), this defines the multiplier to the units weapon ROF= when it is fired from inside a structure.

(YR) OccupyWeaponRange=
Since weapons are tied to the Occupant of a building in Yuri's Revenge (rather than the building itself a sin standard Red Alert 2), this defines the weapon Range= when it is fired from inside a structure. This is the same for all weapons fired from inside a structure - you can't take the range from each weapon since if two different guys are inside, once the short range guy gets his turn then he'll make the building stop shooting.

Tank Bunker (Yuri's Revenge)
(YR) BunkerDamageMultiplier=
This defines the multiplier to the units weapon Damage= when it is fired from inside a bunker.

(YR) BunkerROFMultiplier=
This defines the multiplier to the units weapon ROF= when it is fired from inside a bunker.

(YR) BunkerWeaponRangeBonus=
This defines the multiplier to the units weapon Range= when it is fired from inside a bunker. Unlike the OccupyWeaponRange= entry, this is an actual bonus since there are no other shooters to worry about.

This is the section from DZ's tutorial. usually firing from urban buildings is limited, but perhaps the "bunkerweaponrangebonus" can be applied

Posted Image

#38 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:30 PM

would be nice if it was possible though , it would make you want to hold strategic areas etc

#39 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:35 PM

Just look at my edited post above. 8)

Posted Image

#40 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 02 November 2003 - 08:55 PM

hmm never see that code before, & I normally just use the weapons ini to control the garrison weapons

k thx, I'll mess around with that & see what I can do

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users