209 replies to this topic

#1 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  I don't have a position

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

I have an idea for a mod? has anyone ever done a mod with The last alliance of men and elves battle. I think that would be fricken awsome. So anyone think its a good idea?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Hexman

Hexman

Master of Myself

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Making programes for TI84 Plus and learning Asturias for guitar
  •  Crazy Guitarrist

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

I have an idea for a mod? has anyone ever done a mod with The last alliance of men and elves battle. I think that would be fricken awsome. So anyone think its a good idea?

I think that is a very good idea. If you want somebody to help I can help you
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts
  • Projects:'The 4th Age' and 'Shadow and Flame'
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

this is the correct place for these kinda things :D

And I don't know if anyone has done a mod based on the battle of the Last Alliance, but I know that some have tried... Or my memory is crap :p

Shadow and Flame BETA 0.6 RELEASED - Link

#4 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

I have thought of this idea, and I like it. I'm willing to help in any way I can.
Greetings, community.

#5 dethwaker3

dethwaker3

Not Smart

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • Projects:New Heros and Units Mod
  •  Unwanted

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

Is it like elves and Men together? like Men heros in elves fraction? Something like that?
Done with my mod: Go here to download: http://bfme2.heaveng....php?fileid=667
or go here http://forums.revora...showtopic=67026 for some screenshot

Posted Image<---- Click here for download!

Posted Image
Click here to level up my card!

#6 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

Okay so if anyone wants to do this it would be awsome. I am newer to modding so i might need an expert to head this. I'll be sending out PM's for those who like the idea and are willing to maybe make this.

And yes, it would have Men and Elves against Orcs and Sauron....

If you are interested in participating in this project please post here, or send me a pm.

Edited by the-king112, 14 October 2008 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

We should move our discussion here so everyone you PMed can talk together.
Greetings, community.

#8 dethwaker3

dethwaker3

Not Smart

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • Projects:New Heros and Units Mod
  •  Unwanted

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:51 AM

I want to help!!! I can't do much but I will help :xd: :rolleyes:
Done with my mod: Go here to download: http://bfme2.heaveng....php?fileid=667
or go here http://forums.revora...showtopic=67026 for some screenshot

Posted Image<---- Click here for download!

Posted Image
Click here to level up my card!

#9 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

Well, good luck to you all :rolleyes:
I hope it turns out for you :p

A list of suggestions for you:
There are models that you can use from the battle already in-game, so I would suggest you make them operational first :xd:
Then you can start thinking about heroes, more units (like cavalry, which aren't in-game), and perhaps buildings, unless your planning on replacing a faction :cool2:

#10 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

Models made for the BFME1 Intro, right? I don't know if that will be a problem, because all the units I remember from the films are already in RotWK. I may be wrong, though. Then again, a the elven cavalry might need some model work. In our PMs, the-king and I liked the idea of turning the Rivindell lancers, lindon horse archers and Mithlond sentries all into Noldor.
Greetings, community.

#11 Lauri

Lauri

Let us remember foREVer

• Hosted
  • 10,419 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

then do so!

You don't have to make completely new models and skins if your really new :shiftee:
If you are 2-3 people though, one of you should try to get into modeling and\or skinning :p
For the start, you could do the simple things, which is just taking a elven model, and give him a shield and spear (like the cool elves from the battle :shiftee:)

I've always been very criticizing to new mods, but this mod does have a chance :p All you need is pretty much in-game already :shiftee:

#12 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

Hey, you caught lauri in a good mood :shiftee:

Best of luck, hope this comes to fruition.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#13 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

Okay Dethwalker i would like to have you. Ill send you a pm.

So right now me, gfire, hexman, and dethwaker are the only people.

if your part of the brainstormer team than u can put this on ur sig:
Posted Image

If your still interested please post.

our mod site is a forum:

its www.labmod.forumarena.com

Edited by Lauri, 15 October 2008 - 06:22 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  • Projects:View "About Me" Page
  •  Game Coder

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

hm, i'm working on a mod myself. I'm a beginner in coding and skinning. I can pretty much create mini-mods by myself. If you need an extra person, i'll be willing to help.

By the way, there already is a Last Alliance Mod.

Edited by TheWickedOne, 14 October 2008 - 11:19 PM.

#15 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

Well this is the last alliance BATTLE mod

check your pms
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

Here is most of our Pming:

Well i am new to modding, but i can come up with creative ideas. I am very good with GIMP and designs for possibly the Soldier ICONs. But i will need help to get this mod moving if I or others decide to do it. If you would like to help just tell me. And we can try to get something going.

I'm at about the same place in modding. I've done some 2d art (like buttons, but no skins,) and a little 3d. I've also done mapping for a while, but I'm not the best at the texturing. I would like to help, though. Also, were you thinking of BFME1, 2 or RotWK? RotWK would probably be easiest, since they already have Arnor-style troops and those elves from the movie prologue. You could make the Noldor come in larger hordes and not limit them, but make them weaker. After all, they would be weaker then, 3k years earlier.

yeah i agree with you. RotWK would be good for the mod for it since arnor and the noldor warriors and so on and so forth. I have done a map, it was bad, i need to work on it. Noldor should be quite weaker, and We should also include Isildur, and his father(forgot his name). Also the elves should have Elrond and the other leader(forgot his name too, lol). As for the orcs well, pretty straight forward, also a bit weaker. We should also inlude Sauron in the battlefield, he should be strong as well as Isildur.

The map, well, we should use Mordor based or Dagorlad.

I was thinking maybe you, me, and haxman or someone else expertice enough could lead the mod. For a name, we could call it the Last Alliance of Men and Elves Battle. or sumthing like that. Any suggestions.

Isildur's Father's name was Elendil (there might be a double l in there somewhere, though.) Also, the other Elf ws Gil-Galad. Isildur also had a brother names Anorian. I'll look to see if there were any other specific characters around that time.

There wouldn't need to be too many factions. Maybe Elves and Men (With Dwarves as inn units?) and Mordor and maybe Evil men.

Evil men would be the hardest, because they have the least units already in-game.

yeah evil men would, we'd need to get permission from RJ for there Rhun soldiers and Arnor wouldnt we? idk.

And dwarves i dont really like that. I'd think maybe some of Dunharrow possibly? because they were supposed to fight but they didnt show up. Its an idea. Or for inn's we could have a different faction, a other man faction.

Well, there were a few Khazad Dwarves in the battle, I think.

Elves don't need a lot of adjustment. Probably just need to balance the Noldor warriors, and turn the Mithlond sentries into Noldor, or something. Rivindell Lancers and Lindon Horse Archers could be turned into Noldor, too. Should they keep the Ents as siege or get a Ballista, or something?

Well dwarves wouldnt be bad i guess. i think that might be good. Same with transforming the Lancers into Noldor. and archers. and sentries. I also think Ents should be in the battle to give it more pizzaz. I think mordor would have the kings of the 8 rings.

Yes. The Nazgul. Galadriel, Celeborn Haldir and Thranduil were probably all around then, too. I don't tihnk Glorfindel had returned to middle earth yet at that time.

Should Men and Elves be Combined??? or each a seperate faction?

SO heroes:
Mordor: Sauron, nazgul, maybe a troll( we need another)

Men: Isildur, Elendil, Anorian

Elves: Gil-Galad, Galadriel, Celeborn, Haldir, Thranduil, and Elrond.

I don't know of any specific Easterlings or Haradrim during that time.

The Troll Hero could be based on Rogash.

And I think they should be seperate factions.

Also, since there are seven faction slots in RotWK, Dwarves and Goblins might as well stay in. They didn't play much of a role in the battle, but they were around in that time, and it wouldn't really be any more work, except you might have to remove the men of Dale.

yeah men of dale gone. We could use the Easterlings, and Haradrihm. Also, we could use rogash based or sumthing else. Like perhaps a wizard?

And I also made the banner with a link here:

[url="http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=63748&pid=640538&st=0&#entry640538"][img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z232/artistdtex/L-A-B.png[/img][/url]

There is a little modeling to be done. We will make some of the shields to make the Noldor Pikemen, and probably the Lancers, too. and Then paste a Noldor on the horse archer thing. Men of the East will probably require the most, but many other mods have done it, so maybe they will let us use some of their models.

Edited by Gfire, 15 October 2008 - 12:53 AM.

Greetings, community.

#17 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:59 AM

Im gonna need to practice first, so if you and thewickedone and Hexman could talk things over that would be good. im gonna have to download a few things.

Edited by Lauri, 15 October 2008 - 06:24 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

So do you want Noldor archers and Noldor warriors separate units or with a toggle like in RotWK? I personally like them combined, just like in the movie.

I've found a few pics to make buttons out of. Arnor Soldiers, Arnor Archers and Noldor Pikemen.
Greetings, community.

#19 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  • Projects:View "About Me" Page
  •  Game Coder

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:26 AM

So do you want Noldor archers and Noldor warriors separate units or with a toggle like in RotWK? I personally like them combined, just like in the movie.

I've found a few pics to make buttons out of. Arnor Soldiers, Arnor Archers and Noldor Pikemen.

Why not have different ones.

- Basic pikeman - No shield
- Basic archers - Short range
- Basic swordmen - No shield
- Elite swordmen - Has shield
- Elite Spearmen - Has Shield
- Longbow Archers - Long Range
- Noldor Knight Warriors - Can toggle Bow/Sword, No shield

- Basic cavalry - Little Armor
- Archer cavalry - Medium Range
- Elite cavalry - Heavy Armor

- Noldor Ballista - Just like Isengard's only different model

This is what i am doing for my mod and it's turning out great. Let me know what you think :shiftee:

Edited by TheWickedOne, 15 October 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#20 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

Because that's way too many units for elves. If they are left with Warriors, the numbers will be the same as the current Elven faction in RotWK (Mithlond Sentries, Rivindell lancers and Lindon Horse archers will be replaced by Noldor.) So, that will make:

Noldor Warriors and/or Noldor Archers
Noldor Spearmen
Noldor Riders
Noldor Horse Archers
Lorien Warriors
Lorien Archers
Mirkwood Archers
Ent

Also, I think the "elite" (like Knights of Dol Amroth, etc.) units should be removed. The Noldor will become standard units, the Knights of Dol amroth can be removed (I don't think they were around back then,) and the Nazgul can be turned into individual heroes. Also the Fire Drakes I never liked and Dwarven Zealots can be removed/altured. Maybe they should be turned into a strong warrior, like the noldor, with more in a horde and costs less and can be upgraded, but I'm not going to get into Dwarves since their not the focus of the mod.

Edited by Gfire, 15 October 2008 - 01:50 AM.

Greetings, community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users