#81 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  • Projects:View "About Me" Page
  •  Game Coder

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:23 AM

Yes i do agree that that orcs ought to be give some kind of upgrade. the spells are good but the 2 weather spells for Mordor might make it unbalanced.

#82 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:32 AM

If you haven't been given this idea already, allow me to have a meager amount of input. You should have Sindar warriors and archers as well as Amroth and Amras, the Prince and King of Lorien before Galadriel and Celeborn assumed lordship (Amras was slain during the Siege of Barad-Dur, was succeeded by Amroth, who fell into the sea and drowned). At this time, if I recall correctly, Celeborn and Galadriel were just running around at this time. That, or they were the Lord and Lady of some Sindar. I can't remember. And I don't want to look anything up today. But you may also want to consider adding Galadhrim warriors (recolored green, perhaps, as they weren't called "Green" Elves for nothing), and Orophin and Rumil, Haldir's brothers who were probably inferior in strength to him, so they could make good early game heroes. And for a power, all 3 of them could have some sort of leadership where they gain attack and defense, depending on how many are present. An example:
Rumil and Haldir are near each other would be +50% armor and +10% attack. Rumil, Orophin, and Haldir all togather would be +75% armor and +20% attack.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 21 October 2008 - 06:34 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#83 Hexman

Hexman

Master of Myself

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Making programes for TI84 Plus and learning Asturias for guitar
  •  Crazy Guitarrist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:06 PM

If you haven't been given this idea already, allow me to have a meager amount of input. You should have Sindar warriors and archers as well as Amroth and Amras, the Prince and King of Lorien before Galadriel and Celeborn assumed lordship (Amras was slain during the Siege of Barad-Dur, was succeeded by Amroth, who fell into the sea and drowned). At this time, if I recall correctly, Celeborn and Galadriel were just running around at this time. That, or they were the Lord and Lady of some Sindar. I can't remember. And I don't want to look anything up today. But you may also want to consider adding Galadhrim warriors (recolored green, perhaps, as they weren't called "Green" Elves for nothing), and Orophin and Rumil, Haldir's brothers who were probably inferior in strength to him, so they could make good early game heroes. And for a power, all 3 of them could have some sort of leadership where they gain attack and defense, depending on how many are present. An example:
Rumil and Haldir are near each other would be +50% armor and +10% attack. Rumil, Orophin, and Haldir all togather would be +75% armor and +20% attack.

Very good idea :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

Well, the Sindar should be renamed Galadhrim, I think.

Also, that's a lot of heroes, and we may not need so many, unless all the Nazgul are included.

For WotR, the commanders should be Gil-Galad, Elrond, Elindil and Isildur for Good, and Sauron, the Witch-King, Khamul and that Haradrim guy for evil.

There is a flaw with my One Ring power idea, though. If there were multiple evil players, it would allow multiple rings on the map at once :p.

For Cirdan, we will need a new model with a long robe, but he could use Glorfindel's anims.
Greetings, community.

#85 Hexman

Hexman

Master of Myself

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  Crazy Guitarrist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

There is a flaw with my One Ring power idea, though. If there were multiple evil players, it would allow multiple rings on the map at once :).

Yap. Big problem :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:06 PM

Can I use this pic for Herumor.

Posted Image
Greetings, community.

#87 Hexman

Hexman

Master of Myself

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  Crazy Guitarrist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

Great pic Gfire :p :) :p :) ;) :ex:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#88 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  I don't have a position

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:16 PM

Yeah i guess i'll use the ones in-game. Only thing is they look nothing like Arnor armor. The orcs, i don't know about. We could give them some stronger units like Black orcs from in-game or other ones that can get upgrades, but like you said, orc don't really know how to build much.

EDIT: Gfire, would you mind if i use this picture you made: http://i190.photobuc...s/arnorhelm.png. For the heavy armor of men.

I guess that would be fine. It might look better with a filter or something, though. The rest of the buttons are fine, right? The Men blades.

Yeah, some of Mordor's stronger Orcs should be upgradable.

Here is a list of spells I thought of:

LA
Heal
Rallying Call
Farsight (Since there isn’t any siege, repair should be out.)
Summon?
Elven Wood
Lothlorien Allies
Arrow Volley
Host of Khazad
Cloud Break
Summon?
Sun Flare
Earthquake (or flood, possibly)

Mordor
Sauron Heal(heals nearby allies)
Orc Hunger(increases attack and defense, passive ability)
War Chant
Scavenger (Since there are no Goblins)
Tainted Land
Barricade
Summon Easterlings (Or Haradrim)
Freezing Rain (It might be imbalanced to give them two weather spells)
Darkness
Call the Horde (increase in production speed.)
Rain of Fire
Summon Balrog (Or possible a one ring power that allows the creation of Sauron for the first time, and then after he is destroyed in becomes a normal Ring-Hero game.)

I always thought that the Mordor faction should have a heal.

And crazy, thats a lot, lets keep it simple, maybe we can alter the Silvan elves to galadrihm....

And hexman, i dont like the ring idea. No ring, when you spawn sauron in, he has the ring.

Edited by the-king112, 21 October 2008 - 08:18 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 the-king112

the-king112

Downloader

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  I don't have a position

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

ALSO:

Mappers need to start working on editing these maps; mordor, barad-dur, mount doom, black gate, and dagorlad. all i can say is look on google for some pics on what to edit it for on looks. add some corpses too, from the LA battle.

Skinners; well i dont know who our main skinners are. we kinda need to start learning it. But we need to start editing the heroes first..

Coders: idk

2d artist: buttons should be getting made(gj gfire) and i should start making palantir art...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 Hexman

Hexman

Master of Myself

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  Crazy Guitarrist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

I think that must be a structure for mordor wich has the ability to heal nearby units, like the well.

NOTE: when i play i put the slaughter house healing the units :) (stupid idea :p )
Posted Image
Posted Image

#91 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

What about the Necromencer statue which could either heal nearby units or give them leadership.

#92 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

What about the Necromencer statue which could either heal nearby units or give them leadership.

I think leadership would be better.

What does Orc Hunger adjust stats for, all orcs? That is way to strong for a tier 1 power, I think.

I have quite a few construction buttons here. What new buttons do we need for other things, like upgrades and powers?
Greetings, community.

#93 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

I will post some pics in a few minutes so you guys can see how it's going so far :p

#94 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

Here are some of the units i put in for now:

Posted Image

And here is the forge:

Posted Image

Gfire, i think it is best if you make the resolution for the button pictures 64x64 instead of 32x32. As you can see, they look a bit blurry, aslo send me the pics attached to a PM instead of putting them on ImageShack, other than that great pics :p

Edited by TheWickedOne, 21 October 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#95 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

That Elrond Button is supposed to be used to build him, not as the icon on the bottom. Are the other buttons blurry, too?
Greetings, community.

#96 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:41 AM

That Elrond Button is supposed to be used to build him, not as the icon on the bottom. Are the other buttons blurry, too?

yes the button is also for building him but the game also uses it as the button for the bottom. All the buttons look blurry. They look good but blurry.

#97 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:49 AM

Look, it seems useless for me to upload them here. They are all redone and uploaded here.
Greetings, community.

#98 Captain Beremir

Captain Beremir
  • Project Team
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester for Wars of the East, Ideas for The Hobbit Mod

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:06 AM

If you guys are still trying to decide on some ideas then I could help if you want.

Here's a little of what I've got:
LAST ALLIANCE
HEROES:
Elendil
Cost: 3000
Abilities:
Level 1- Last King of Numenor- nearby Numenor units gain 50% damage, armor, and earn exp. 3x as fast (passive)
Level 2- Elendili Teachings- gives selected Numenor troops experience
Level 5- Force of Numenor- Elendil blasts back enemy units
Level 8- Master of Narsil- Elendil gains 200% damage and knockback
Level 10- Vanquisher of Shadow- Elendil strikes with Narsil and does 2000 damage to a selected unit

Gil-Galad

Isildur
Cost: 2500
Abilities:
Level 5- Brothers of Numenor- Isildur and Anarion gain 50% damage and armor when near each other
Level 10- Shards of Narsil- a powerful crippling sword strike, with bonus damage to Sauron

Anarion
Cost: 2000
Abilities:
Level 2- Steel Shield- Anarion stuns a selected enemy unit with his shield
Level 5- Brothers of Numenor- Isildur and Anarion gain 50% damage and armor when near each other
Level 6- Defenders of Numenor- summons 3 battalions of spearmen to his side
Level 8- Stand Firm- Anarion and nearby Numenor spearmen gain 100% armor

Elrond
Abilities:
Level ?- Hold Ranks- nearby units gain 100% armor and 50% attack speed (like in the prologue, the front lines)

Cirdan

Oropher

Amdir
Cost: 1500

Elendur
Cost: 1000

MORDOR
HEROES:
Sauron
Cost: 6000
Abilities:
Level 1- Dark Sorcery- sends out a dark red fireball at a selected target
Level 3- Thunder and Lightning- Sauron blasts selected enemies with lightning bolts
Level 6- The One Ring- nearby enemy heroes lose damage over time when near Sauron (the 1 brings them all into darkness)
Level 8- Flaming Hatred- Sauron picks up and burns a selected enemy dealing 2500 damage
Level 10- Black Speech- sends out a black shockwave in front of Sauron

Witch-King (wraith form)

Khamul (wraith form)

Herumor

Fuinur

Lugrakt (orc chieftan)
Cost: 1200

7 Nazgul- on foot (wraith form)
Cost: 1200 each

Those are just some hero ideas. The powers and units are not done, but I can finish them if wanted. :p

Edited by Captain Beremir, 22 October 2008 - 07:50 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:28 PM

Nice ideas. Thanks.

Also, since there isn't any cavalry in-game, the Nazgul shouldn't get horses, and they didn't have fellbeasts back then, so they should be foot-only. That would make them weaker, and allow another power. It might be okay to put in all nine that way, if the other side had a few more heroes.

Elrond should have some of his old powers, too, like Athelas and Restoration at least.
Greetings, community.

#100 Captain Beremir

Captain Beremir
  • Project Team
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester for Wars of the East, Ideas for The Hobbit Mod

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:49 PM

yeah I didn't completely finish any of the powers, those are just the ones I had already from some of my own ideas. I'll be sure to think of more to complete the post
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users