3 replies to this topic

#1 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

Name: Jamie Alarkand, but he prefers to be called Lark.
Position: Market Economist, mathmetician, psychologist. Also neurologist and brain-surgeon, but is not a poor general practicioner. He's not particularily great in a fight, but he's pretty damn good at talking out of them. He's a glib lying bastard, but at least he thinks before he speaks.
Experience: Earth-born and raised, Lark grew to detest the politicians and administrators of his home planet not because they lied and cheated, but because they lied and cheated poorly. He studied economics as a child and made a small fortune in his teenage years by playing the stock markets. He attended the still-surviving Oxford University with this money, where he majored in economics, and minored in abstract mathematics and psychology. The Allied Traders of Hermes granted Lark an excellent job, but he was fired after several years for embezzlement. He worked for the Confederacy, and rose steadily in their ranks until he murdered his boss's boss in exchange for a higher position within the Arean Trade League. Lo-and-behold, Lark stole funds from them as well, and now lives as a fugitive, but a very wealthy fugitive.
Once in hiding, Lark learned that he could not live solely on his ill-earned riches. He had to be able to subsist on his own and blend in with the rest of society. Knowing that he could never appear to be anything but an arrogant elitist, he chose the highly technical study of neuroscience to fit with his prior experience with psychology. Lark became brain-surgeon in public, and illicit money-lender in private.

EDIT: Added a medical specialty, although the neuro-surgeon part is more of an aside because I doubt your vessel has enough instruments to operate on the brain. I chose it to fit in with the mind-theme. Although now this guy looks like a frickin' prodigy ;). Added more to his prior life.

Edited by Ravnin IV, 30 October 2008 - 11:36 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

That's a good character, Ravnin, I like him, but I'm not entirely sure what part he would play in the life of a space pirate crew... Psychologist could be useful, but as we're all criminals we can't really set up as stock traders. Although if you put in a bit about medical training as well as psychology, make him an all-purpose kinda guy, that would be great, because our doctor has vanished without trace from Revora.

By the way, sorry I didn't see this for so long, I must have accidentally marked it as read.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

That's a good character, Ravnin, I like him

If you'd ever like a guy as despicable as that in real life, you need to reevaluate what you look for in friends :p

Updated the character and he'll be a medic too. So he's pretty much the guy who tries to manipulate people into giving him the goods without fighting for it, and then fixing up the rest of you when you get yourselves shot at. He looks a bit like a genius in every way now since he's a master of so many mental fields, so I'm planning on really, really sucking at any fights/physical contests we get into.

Posted Image

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

That's absolutely fine, you're welcome to suck at fighting. Your writing is good enough to cover panic-stricken intellectual unsure of what exactly to do, from what I've seen. Therefore, welcome aboard. I'll work it into the storyline, probably right about now.*goes to do just that*

Welcome aboard, doctor. :p

By the way, I have a slight obsession with criminal minds. I'm slowly becoming an expert on serial killers especially and criminals in general. I don't know that I'd like him as a friend, but as an object of study, perfect. He reminds me of me, but without the restraint and tact. :p
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users