Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

Hey

This is the 4th Rohan update in a row! Woohoo for that :p

Anyways, I've got more screens for you ;)

Posted Image Posted Image

Not Knights enough for you? Well, they are for me :p And yeah, the render for the ram is bugged... It would be hell to get a real render working, so if it looks weird, it is :D
What? There's a new layout on the pictures? Well, of course there are! ;)
I do hope the new layout on the renders makes it better for you to see the renders ;)
They are after all smaller and less in size than the previous ones, and shouldn't be filling up the screens for any unlucky guy ;)

Yup, that should leave about 4 more things to do before Rohan is done ;)
Or, 3 actually, since one hero is a Royal Guard, and they'll use the same skin... excluding heads of course ;)

And for those who have played the beta, I'll tell you that I've now fixed the Kingdom of Gondor spell (and thus Rally the Mark).. The power to allows you to build troops from around the real of Gondor (and Rohan)... ;)

And as a last note... The chances are high for another release by Christmas ;) It's about 2 and a half months left, and I'm certain I can get to finish Rohan and Rhun by that time ;) By finish, I don't necessary mean bug-free :p

But there is a little problem concerning Rhun.. It still lacks a power in it's spellbook... Anyone wanna find up a nice power for a first tier? ;) You can go here to see what the other powers are, and think up another one.. No, I would like it to keep Heal out of it :p

Thats all, thank you for reading, or just watching the topic :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#2 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:00 PM

nice, i like the ram, can't see anything wrong with the render.

Posted Image

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

static humans, some of the faces (esp the one to the right) looks like hell :p
Luckily, it's just the render who is like that :D

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#4 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

First off, nice job in ending every sentence with a emoticon. :D Anywho, I love how the skins for Rohan are looking. :p My only issue is the head of the battering ram. It seems too blurry to me... I know it's EA's but maybe you cold try making your own for the head?

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#5 rjorrin28

rjorrin28

title available

• Project Team
  • 432 posts
  • Projects:WoA, Lonewolf

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

Awesome work man, I like it a lot!!
Posted Image
Signature made by JEV3

#6 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

Very nice mod :p

I have an idea for Rhun's 1st tier power:

Called something along the lines of "Battle march" or "Marching chant"

Basicaly what it does is give the targeted troops a fairly large speed boost, a bit like palantir in the vanilla game, but giving a larger boost and to all troop types.

The way I see this fitting into the gameplay is as a power that is selected usally in mid game, after the boost power. It can then be used to make rhuns horses and horse archers faster than normal horses for a period of time, allowing them to chase down enemy horses. I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I'm thought of as a fairly good player in the vanilla game, possibly one of the best gondor/rohans vs FoD, and atm I really can't see a way rhun is going to counter pro horse micro and constant base rushes, especially if their cav is slower. This would pretty much solve this problem as well as being a fairly neat power for late game, chasing down retreating armies and heros ect :D

#7 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

They're pretty cool... although I think that the Kingdom spells should be a little farther down. Maybe even on the second tier, on like a dead end, but keep their expense. I think that it's better if you can get "minifactions" (using WoA terminology) earlier in the game, just like in WoA where if you have enough dough you can just buy them. Maybe the Kingdom spells could just be purchased from the fortress.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#8 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:32 AM

:blush: to the pics!

Hmmm....a new power for Rhun. give me a few days.

Edited by Jeth Calark, 20 October 2008 - 03:37 AM.

#9 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

I have a power idea.

"Charge of the East" Cost: 1
+50% armor, +50% movement speed, and +100% attack to targeted troops for [either 30, 45, or 60 seconds]

What do you think?

#10 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

Hey, I didn't have any emoticon on the first one... Hey :blush:

And for Fene and Ithilil... Your powers looks to much like the power they already have in tier one ;)

Men of Darkness (1)

Targeted units gains a boost for a limited time.

Boost goes around armor, damage and speed, so you'll have to think up something new ;) :ohmy:

And minifactions are RA's word.. :ohmy:
But those powers will stay for middle-late game, because that's when you might need new troops to fight your enemy ;) Some units are pretty basic, yes, but at least for Gondor you get Knights of Dol Amroth, the toughest cavalry forces in the entire game ;) The other units are good in their own ways, but I'll admit, they might not differ to much from a normal unit.. Well, the axemen are faster units, the Men-at-Arms are tougher, and.. well, the rest might be just a second trooper to choose from... but still :ohmy:
Rohan get's another cavalry force, and Spearmen and Dwarves, which I think fits good for middle-late game ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#11 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

here's some cheap ideas off the top of my head. (not really being creative here) :blush: how about a Rhun version of Elven Wood or Elven Gifts? :ohmy:

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

Elven Gifts:
Gondor and Rohan basically have it.. :blush:

Elven Wood:
I plan on having a Desert for Harad, and I don't really think any wood would do anyone on Rhun any good :ohmy:
However, it could perhaps have created a stealthy area for Rhûn... That others could use of course :ohmy:
I'll think about that... But I don't really see any trees that would fit, that's all :ohmy:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#13 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

Hmm giving a speed boost and damage boost in one power seems a litte OP. Rhun would just be able to chase all units down too easily early on then. Having them as seperate powers seems more sensible to me :blush:

Tier one powers are fairly limited, since you can't use anything too powerful, and without being unoriginal it's hard to think some up :ohmy:

#14 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

Rhun would just be able to chase all units down too easily early on then.

And what if you use the powers on the same units? :blush: Would that be less OP? :ohmy:
You'd still be in early game...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#15 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

No you wouldn't, you would be in mid game, or closing on it by that point. Early rushes would be over and more powerful, possibly ranked up units, along with upgrades would come into play at this stage. Just think of isens wargs chasing down gondor/rohan horse with palantir, war chant and howl like in the vanilla game. It isn't possible for isen to have war chant and palantir in early game, so I don't see why it would be here :blush:. Anyway just my opinion, if you don't like it then I guess it ain't gonna happen :ohmy:

#16 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

Well, you dont have to have a Woods. Tainted Land was the same as Elven Wood but it didn't have a forest. It did the opposite, it sickened any trees inside it! :blush:

basically, some sort of terrain altering power that would grant a bonus to troops inside it is what I'm suggesting. :ohmy:

#17 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

Ah, yeah.. I'll think about that :blush:

And Fene... I don't know how you play, but I usually get the two first powers available... And if it's two boosting powers, I'd most likely get them together and working as fast as I could :ohmy:
However, the more I think about it, I actually like it... Because, well.. A power that just increases the speed is a rather good spell, that isn't OP in itself, but can be very good to have in early, mid and especially late game...
So yeah, I'll be going to think about that one as well :ohmy:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#18 Fenemarche

Fenemarche
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

I agree, you would be getting both powers fairly early. But it takes a while on most maps to get power points early on, even one point can be hard to come by (I don't think rhun can take lairs that easily early game?)

By the time you are able to get both, other things would come into play to make it less op, and more part of rhuns gameplay, to be able to chase down other horse units for short periods of time, so they have something more to defend with than just pikes. This is how I invision it if it were included anyway :blush:

#19 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:21 AM

Hey, I didn't have any emoticon on the first one... Hey :thumbsupsmiley:

And for Fene and Ithilil... Your powers looks to much like the power they already have in tier one :cool2:

Oops... :p Maybe I should read the whole power tree before I try again...

#20 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

They looks great :thumbsupsmiley: i never thought you were gonna be so creative with the battlingram usually mods just make it a plain old battlingram the rohanknights are asome I Fan of your 4th age mod i just know that this mods gonna make my favirote factoin rohan unique and cool.

safsignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users