Skywaters

Schnell, Schnell, Kartoffelkopf!

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:Command Imperium
  •  Eccentric Philantrophist

Posted 31 October 2003 - 10:22 AM

Tiberian Sun Update:
After CABAL was apparently deactivated in 2031, GDI and the world heaved a sigh of relief. However, that relief was to be short lived. Every day, reports were coming in from around the globe about new and more terrifying mutations. Creatures that appear to be the scenery until you get too close, creatures that masquerade as humans, so you cannot tell the difference, mutations that can burrow underground, creatures that can swim, even flying creatures with deadly mutation bombs that can turn humans into mutants. Thankfully, the new firewall generators protected most of the major cities and GDI bases. However, there are simply not enough to go around. Unfortunately, Slavik broke our alliance soon after CABAL was destroyed, and attacked our forces near that area. What was formerly Nod, has splintered into 2 main groups, the forces that Slavik retains, and the Nod Priesthood, who have formed their own group, called Sons Of Kane. The only things known about them at this time is that although they split from Slavik, they are still allied with him, and they are led by a cadre of four. There have also been some renegade Nod generals, refusing to fight for either Slavik, SOK, or us, disappearing. Despite all propaganda sent out by Slavik, we are not responsible, and would like to know about these disappearances as much as he does.

The Forgotten are holding up well, as with the addition of GDI technology freely given to them they are finally starting to survive in great numbers. However, recently a new menace to them has appeared. As you know, the Forgotten are a nomadic group, and they prefer to live underground. Lately, a creature that they call only Shailat-Hul, meaning Silent Death, has been taking control of their deeper tunnels and forcing them to the surface. They are now led by Tratos, again. It seems that when CABAL tried to assassinate him, he was so far gone in the Tiberium mutation that his body regenerated, even from death!

Firestorm Update:
Welcome Out of your Cryo-Regen Sleep, Commander. The year is not 2050, as you would think. It is actually 2091. Yes, I know that it is a shock to you, but we don’t have the time to ease you into all of this. Soon after you went into CRS in 2035 because of that nasty shuttle crash, we had reports of new menaces attacking the globe. It appeared to be the work of cyborgs, but we had made sure that we destroyed all Cabal’s cores. However, somehow he was still operating. Your arch-nemesis, General Slavik, appears to have survived as well. We cannot yet tell whether his survival is similar to Kane's, or whether some other force is at work.

Ah yes, back to recent events. About 2039, our stargazers had an astonishing announcement. It appeared that our probes that we had sent toward Alpha Centurai had finally arrived, 70 years later. We were as surprised as anyone when the emergency signal came in from them. The signal showed a fleet of Scrin ships surrounding the solar system. Most of our probes were destroyed, but 2 made it down to one of the planets’ surface. It showed a harsh, Tiberium-infested world. Soon after that, even though our scientists had proved it impossible for that type of star system, Alpha Centurai went supernova. Now we were in a dilemma. Predictions were that the first wave of particle traveling at FTL speed would hit us in a month. We prepared for that, but we were unprepared when the particles hit our atmosphere and created a global EM pulse. One unexpected side effect of this is the EM Storms. The EM pulse affected the Ion storms that normally plagued us from time to time, and now whenever one hits, it blankets the whole area in an EM field. All electronics were affected, except for the ones in specially constructed facilities, such as your CRS that you were housed in. The software to keep you alive was still running, but the software that was supposed to wake you in 2050 was outside, and got wiped.

GDI, as you knew it, ceased to exist. We reformed into a group whose sole purpose was to protect the earth, the Global Rescue Forces (GRF). We eventually recovered and everything went back to normal around 2049, but then our scientist informed us that another wave of particles would hit us in 2090, and if earth was unprotected, the radiation in the atmosphere would become so high, that only single-celled organisms would survive. However, a solution presented itself. If we could build a shield in space and have it at exactly the right position, the particles would be dissipated. We even were able to mount it on the Philadelphia, and use the Ion generators there to power the field. The shield was not to be a solid mass of metal. Instead, it was to be a mass of electro-statically charged wires. When the particles hit these, they would be destroyed, releasing energy. While we were able to complete the work around 2080, ahead of schedule, we found out why the star went supernova. It appears that the Scrin used Alpha Centurai as a staging base for their armada of ships.

They made the star go supernova, and were using the slower shockwave to propel their ships toward earth. Normally, it would take them at least 70-80 years to get here, but with the shockwave propelling them at close to light speed, they made it in 48. By that time, we knew and were able to develop our own series of spaceships to defend the shield, but their first developmental prototypes were destroyed by space fighters created by Nod, now called Slavik’s Forces - The Black Hand Of Nod (SF). However, we were soon able to get back on our feet by the help of TF, and a new faction called WPL. They both helped us by supplying their best scientists and technology, allowing us to re-design the ships to defeat the SF fighters and the Scrin ships. We sustained heavy casualties, but were able to keep the Ion shield online and fully operational. The shockwave was diverted, wiping out half of the Scrin fleet in the process, but they are still a force to reckon with. It appears that CABAL is still operational as well, because soon after the shockwave was diverted, reports came in of strange, cybernetic creatures assaulting some of our bases. This does not bode well for us. Luckily, we have another ally to assist us, the Civilian Marine Corps (CMC). They are composed of the very civilians that we used to protect, and have antique, but updated and very deadly, technology. The WPL (World Perfectionist League) are at this very moment pondering our alliance proposal, and if they agree, then we will be on even standing with CABAL, SF, SOK, and the newly arrived Scrin Eradication Armada. Now that you are up to speed on the latest events, get out there and defend the earth!. Oh, I almost forgot, due to the increased Ion and EM storms ravaging the earth, we may be out of contact for long periods of time. Therefore, we have assigned Commander Kaminski to command you, in such a likely event.
Posted Image

#2 Loknar

Loknar
  • Project Team
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:49 AM

DE - do you have all that Scrin info? I wasn't expecting to have the forums switched like this and I haven't got it handy :) .
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Attributed to Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists

#3 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts
  • Projects:Tiberian Dusk: Evolution, RA2: Retaliation, YR: Shock Treatment

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:30 AM

GRF Tech Center Redux...

Attached Images

• gdi_tech_center.gif

Dethro - Time for the Electric Chair! (And I am as hollow as ever)
Posted Image

#4 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:32 AM

Neato. Id fix the pixels on the west side so they conform a perfect line though, they look slightly off angle.

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#5 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:01 AM

Hmm, they do at that. Oh well, will have to fix that. :D
Posted Image

#6 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:52 AM

Funkay. :D
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

although cool, isn't that just the GDI tech center ball in a firestorm base?
Posted Image

#8 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:15 AM

....Nope.

Look closer, young jedi.... :?:
Posted Image

#9 Loknar

Loknar
  • Project Team
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 07:51 AM

Isn't that the old GRF info? Check my Scrin one - I thought we were bucking the trend with the Scrin here ^_^ .
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Attributed to Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists

#10 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:18 AM

Yup, that is the old info AFAIK.
Posted Image

#11 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:31 AM

Heh that tech center is a mix of firestorm gen body as well radar with gdi tech center ball thing and that reminds me...

Darkelf...

I would get some more screenies out as by very best their very lacking atm to form any view what kind of the mod is for those of us that do care. :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#12 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 01:12 AM

Well, we are very very busy.

Still, we MAY have some soon.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users