Apoc vs. Buildings

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LebaneseKid

LebaneseKid
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:25 AM

Why does the apoc have to be weaker against buildings now?

#2 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 04 November 2003 - 09:54 AM

Actually its not weaker its ineffective i suggest fix it sydr0, i had ten apocs firing at my flak cannon for ages! :roll:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#3 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 06:46 PM

The reason I made the Apoc weaker vs Structures is for a few reasons. First before Apocs were good vs everything, they were structure killers and tank killers, not to mention they were also good vs Infantry and I made it good vs Infantry because of Uranium, with this Apocs were good against EVERYTHING including Air targets so I decided to nerf them vs structures because:

1) they were already good vs everything
2) uranium is a mere radiation and its is merely useless vs structures
3) to allow siege choppers to be used, with mass apocs siege choppers were useless so now Siege Choppers are a must for base assaults

#4 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:53 PM

The reason I made the Apoc weaker vs Structures is for a few reasons. First before Apocs were good vs everything, they were structure killers and tank killers, not to mention they were also good vs Infantry and I made it good vs Infantry because of Uranium, with this Apocs were good against EVERYTHING including Air targets so I decided to nerf them vs structures because:

3) to allow siege choppers to be used, with mass apocs siege choppers were useless so now Siege Choppers are a must for base assaults

sorry, but that doesnt make any sense......
its heavy priced, so nice quality is welcome...
and choppers are to easely owned... just keep it as it was...
btw, apocs cant make choppers useless, think of the range and accessability (climbing up cliffs), its speed...
get my drift, a bit?

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#5 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 06:11 PM

I am sorry but you havent played SS and I dont htink you knowwhat Siege Choppers are like to judge it. Making Apocs good vs structures would make it good vs EVERYTHING. Besides i hated it before how all late game Soviet units were good vs structures(Kirovs, Apocs andChopers) so I cut that down. Mig-40 Foxhawk is only good vs defensive structures.

#6 Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon

>.<

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:17 PM

yea, i was testing the mod the other day, choppers deploy much faster, climb faster, and are great with a group of apocs, both of the units in a group are a great combination

#7 LebaneseKid

LebaneseKid
  • New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for explaining.BTW I think the way you're balancing YR is great.In Sudden Strike you have to use a mixed army.No more gigantic armies of Kirovs,Apocs, or prism tanks.

#8 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 06:53 PM

Exactly, it's not good to have just one unit for every purpose. I nerfed some units down, and made others better. For example with Soviets, now late game you must have Siege Choppers in order to go on base assaults, I tried to make the Siege Chopper used kind of like Prism Tank which is better, Siege Choppers are a nightmare to lighter tanks. Laser Drones are kind of like Mirage Tanks, lightly armored, strong firepower, they are exactly like mirage tanks(in firepower, armor, speed) but different weapon, rof and they are mc immune, so against Yuri it is good to have Laser Drones, even vs Allies Laser Drones are a nightmare against Mirages themselves. I tried to change units as little as possible but make them used.

#9 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:20 AM

actually when u think about it uranium shells would blow the hell out of structures...so in real life u would have massively increased the power of the apoc and the price is high enough but u need to fix the fury tank like i have posted its monolithic, has nuclear shells...its time for a change.............u should increase cell radius of explosion and an end small radation effect...and the fury tanks health should be alot higher than the apocs....and maybe for an elete weapon, possibly ballistic cannon shells :D to bring the true demonic beast from generals to sudden strike. Remember this mod is awesome but these changes would be more realistic as well as changes i have posted in the "new version 1.1" you kick ASS Sydro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users