#41 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

Wait, so this version will be RotWK only? I haven't replaced my copy yet... :p I really need to get around to doing that. :thumbsupsmiley:
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#42 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts
  • Projects:The Battle of Five Armies beta4.7, RJ-RotWK and the Narnia mod for BFME 1
  •  The mapper behind the Battle of Five Armies beta4.7 =D

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:54 AM

At any other time I'd call it a waste of money but the amount of excellent player-made maps and mods that you can get for that expansion alone are worth purchasing it for... :rolleyes:

Nah, beta4.6.7 will have RotWK and a BFME II versions, and so will beta4.7. Beta4.8 will be completely RotWK though, I intend beta4.7 to be the final release of the BFME II version of the map. :p

Hope you got the PM I sent you and that it was of some help ;)

Sgt. Angel
Your signature has been removed because it was far too big and you failed to act upon the request to resize it - DLotS

#43 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:20 AM

PM? :rolleyes: Nope, didn't get anything, but... (w00t!!!) MY ROTWK GAME IS WORKING AGAIN! I think it had something to do with my corrupted BFME II files, so all is well now that I've reinstalled it. So, I can run versions on any game! ;) I also have RJ, so anything with that should go over fine with me. :p

#44 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts
  • Projects:The Battle of Five Armies beta4.7, RJ-RotWK and the Narnia mod for BFME 1

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

No PM? Strange, I checked the box for 'send message to whatever folder' and it's in the folder... maybe I sent it at a time when Revora was having problems? ;)

Ah well, the whole PM pretty much circulated around how to fix certain bugs and problems with the BFME II and RotWK games. It also covered the very fix that you've used and now everything's working for you, so... yeah. ;)

Progress on the map has been slow recently by the way folks, though the release date is still set for late November early December. I've finished setting up the Hamachi as well, so anyone who wants to play the map online when I release it next can join in and play against me (though I warn you, I'm very good at playing on my own map! ;) Just don't let me be Goblins and you'll survive. :sad: )

Keep the comments coming! And remember to look out for bugs, I spotted one with the terrain around Thorin's Wall yesterday and I've fixed that one immidiately. :blink:
Sgt. Angel
Your signature has been removed because it was far too big and you failed to act upon the request to resize it - DLotS

#45 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

*bug-eyed with excitement* ;)

#46 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

Heh heh. Any chance of re-sending me the PM?

#47 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, sure thing Ithilien, I'll do that right away. :) As I said, it's just simply covering many different ways to resolve problems with your BFME games when they wreak havoc on your computer ;)

Ok, an update for everyone: the FG bug has shown itself on my computer! :p After playing on the map only yesterday it came up on the screen as a single, flat endless map of grass with about 8 units of Guardians and a kazillion units of Gundabad Orcs. They all seemed to be tied to the 'Neutral' player type as well so could not be used. No fortresses appeared but the game was running as if they were both present, nobody could win or lose.

I quitted the map and replayed it, the bug didn't occur twice.

What I can see from the bug is that it only appears once in every 10 games and could be due to the amount of units that I placed on the map from the start of the game, it doesn't seem to cause harm to your game rather just hinder your gameplay for a few brief seconds.

I'll look into sorting this bug out as soon as I can, and keep testing the map until it happens again (or hopefully doesn't :lol: )

Sgt. Angel

#48 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

Well, I haven't played the map ten times yet.....

#49 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:18 PM

I'm guessing most people haven't :p
I've had to though, to keep testing all the new stuff I've put in the game, though frankly I'm amazed that I've only managed to play beta4.6 10 times because of the amount of changes I'm shoving into it all the time.
I played and exited on startup the map again 10 times and nothing happened, so maybe it's just a random bug. If it is, then it's going to be much harder to isolate it...

I'll keep everyone updated...
... and blimey, I think I've found myself a completely new Worldbuilder bug! ;)
The FG bug, it's name and it's associations are copyright to Sgt. Angel of the Revora modding group alongside any references to 'The Battle of Five Armies beta 4.5', 'The Battle of Five Armies beta 4.6', 'The Battle of Five Armies beta4.7', 'The Battle of Five Armies MULTIPLAYER VERSION!', 'TBoFA' and 'The Battle for Middle Earth III'. Anyone found using these said names for any other purpose apart from their official use will be... uh...

...terms and conditions apply, batteries not included. :lol:

Sgt. Angel

#50 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

batteries not included

dang.

:p

#51 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

Angel, that sig seriously needs a downsize :p Surprised an admin hasn't told you yet...

And in other news, good work with the bug ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#52 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:37 AM

Goodness yes, I know, that dratted sig... I've had hell trying to get it to recognise the new downsized html I've shoved into it for ages, it's only just downsized (and not even fully) about 10 seconds ago and it's still too large... :p

I might just scrap the whole sig itself and make a new, smaller one... my mod doesn't really need advertising as it is until I release information about it in January.

The FG bug doesn't appear on any other maps but my BoFA one. I can't really think of any explenation to it whatsoever... ah well, I'll get to the bottom of it. ;)

Edited by Sgt. Angel, 15 November 2008 - 01:42 AM.

#53 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:44 AM

you dont need HTML in your sig, just the URL of the pic and some BB code. I can help you with it..... :p

#54 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:28 AM

Well, thing was was that I'd made it the same size as my BoFA one before, and that one was fine, but when I added it to my sig from off T3A it came up huge and no matter how many times I resized it it never got any smaller... :p

I've scrapped the sig for now, anyway, gonna re-upload my TBoFA one and stick with that for now.
I'm thinking of making beta4.7 part of my BFME III mod, btw, though that would mean that people would have to download the mod as well just to get the map and the extra units etc that my mod has to work on it, what are your thoughts on it, Jeth? Go with the idea or do you think I should just work with the map as it is?

Dratted sigs ;) :cool2:
Sgt. Angel

#55 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:44 PM

Nah, just leave it as it is for now. When you do your mod, you can put it in and redo it (an extra incentive for people with the map to get the mod, because the mod has the better version! :p )

That's my opinion, anyways.

#56 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Hey, 'Angel, did you send me the PM? because I still didn't get it. :p

#57 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:27 PM

*sighs* :wink_new:

Ithilien, do you know how to get in contact with the moderators of this site? I've tried sending the same PM to you two times already and both times you haven't got it... both times, it tells me 'thanks, your message has been sent, please wait while we redirect you' and I've taken the same steps to send you a PM as I have everyone else... :lol:

I'll try one more time, if that fails, then I'll type the whole thing out and post it on this thread for ya, seems to be the best way to do it if all other hope is lost :)

As to Jeth's post, thanks for the good suggestion. I talked it over with a couple of mates of mine from our BMFE II group at school and their idea was to release beta4.7 to the general public as like a 'final' public version but they also suggested a couple of extra things I could do to it for such a release as well, which are good ideas but might take me until January 3rd to finish 'cause of all the other stuff I have to do on top of it. However if people don't mind waiting for me to put a couple of new heroes into the game, all's well on that front.

Basically, the plan is to release beta4.8 with my mod (now renamed Rise of the Witch King: Platinum Edition, with all credit to Chris who'll kill me if I don't mention it :p ) so people will be able to play with the map inside of my mod as part of it's second campaign, but with all the new units and heroes I'm putting into it as an added bonus (basically your idea, Jeth :p ). I did have to make a Beorn and all the other heroes from 'The Hobbit' for my mod anyway, so it's best if I put them in a public release map first to see what everyone thinks about them before I try and shove them in any full-blown mods.

Note to Flameguard: Don't worry, I'm not gonna use your Bear skin in my mod without permission :p

So then people, the next question is:
What should all the heroes look like? If anyone has any piccies or suggestions as to what they think characters such as Bilbo, Bard or Thorin should look like, feel free to post them below!

Thanks
Sgt. Angel

Under note: I'm gonna try and get a beta test version done for everyone who reads this topic on the 23rd December, so it's kinda like a christmas present for y'all ^_^

#58 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

What should Bilbo look like? There is a scene of him from the time of the Hobbit in the prologue to FOTR. Ya know, the part where he goes, "What's this?" before hearing Gollum scream like a girl. :wink_new:

#59 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:26 AM

Ah yes, I remember that bit. I've got all the Extended Editions of the LOTR films as well (the really, REALLY extended editions in the special box and with all the extra features not included in the normal extended editions :lol: ) so I really should have remembered that one.

Thank you Peter Jackson! :wink_new:
Sgt. Angel

#60 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

Try playing the animated Hobbit video game. Yeah, low-tech ish, but I think they did a good job with some stuff, like Thorin's appearance.

IRS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users