Photo

Well, today's the big day!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win the election? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win the election?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:47 AM

After all this ridiculous, nay, embarrassing showboating and all-pervasive media-flooding, the time has FINALLY come for the USA to choose its next President.

After all this time, it's FINALLY over and maybe our European media can have something ELSE to cover instead! :p

Anyway, this is not a political debate as to who should win or who is the right person to be president. This is a poll as to who we think will actually win the election. This thread is politically neutral, and I don't want to see any arguments about whys and wherefores.

I reckon it'll be Obama. Least I hope it will...

Also, if any Americans are so inclined, feel free to put who you voted for in any written comments you make too although you aren't restricted to putting the same answer in the poll (you may have voted for Obama, but feel McCain will actually be the win). It'd be interesting to see how some of the Americans who don't visit the HoP forum lean. :p

Edited by Ash, 04 November 2008 - 08:48 AM.

#2 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

Here's hoping for Obama. I wouldn't put it past the mass-dimwits (and wonderful system wherein one persons vote can be worth less than another person's) to put McCarthy McCain in power though.

At least it's not Clinton, either way.

#3 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

Agreed. Here's fronting hobos for Obama 08: WE NEED CHANGE!

By the way, Ash, I don't know if you heard about the Tories accusing Labour of reforming the health service while everyone's looking the other way, but yeah, maybe we'll get some coverage from our own country in a few days. Here's hoping.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

Got a source on that? If so, I'm outraged.

#5 MadHQ

MadHQ

Killer of all things!

• Project Team
  • 1,435 posts
  • Projects:Kinky Spam bath's!
  •  This is the blue text!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:24 PM

The house of representatives will put McCain in office, Theres no chance it will be Obama.
Zomba Productions - Click here!
Posted Image

#6 Floris

Floris

title available

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:My first map: Esteldin, hideout of the Dunedain Rangers.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

I hope Obama, but I'm not American. I hope Obama can change the world. So we can live whitout war in Iraq and all of those lands!
The race of Men is failing, the blood of Númenor is all but spent – its pride and dignity forgotten… It is because of Men the Ring survives.

#7 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

The House of Representatives is currently majority Democrats. Why would they even consider putting McCain in office?

Ash: it was over this particular affair. Labour have suggested changing our beloved NHS in favour of something much more like the American system, in which we will have to pay for treatment, regardless of the seriousness of the condition. And nobody has noticed, so the Tories accused the Gordon Brown of doing it deliberately. There was a quote from the Shadow Health Secretary whose name I've forgotten on the news this morning, but I can't find a direct link to it.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#8 Hexman

Hexman

Master of Myself

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Making programes for TI84 Plus and learning Asturias for guitar
  •  Crazy Guitarrist

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Potugal is with Obama
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:23 PM

I hope it's Obama, than the smog will disappear, the foolish will become wise, the bible thumpers will shut up, the poor will become rich, the rich will apologise for creating jobs for everyone else, Iran will give up nukes, Israel will pack up and leave for Mars, and the "Age of Aquarius" will begin.

Obama is a messianic marxist like Lenin and Mao. You wanted him, you got him... :p

#10 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:32 PM

Reform =/= Revolution

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#11 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

It's definitely looking like Obama will win.

Obama is a messianic marxist like Lenin and Mao. You wanted him, you got him... :p

Do you seriously believe that, or is that a little exaggeration to prove a point?

#12 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:32 PM

I hope it's Obama, than the smog will disappear, the foolish will become wise, the bible thumpers will shut up, the poor will become rich, the rich will apologise for creating jobs for everyone else, Iran will give up nukes, Israel will pack up and leave for Mars, and the "Age of Aquarius" will begin.

Isn't that what "our lord and saviour John McCain" is going to do? :p

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

You know, the most worrying thing IMO is that he actually believes all this.

But regardless, this isn't the discussion, so let's quit that. This is a thread dedicated to who will win, not who should.

#14 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

Maybe your Lord and Savior, I didn't vote. Neither are qualified. Obama is a Marxist and a slick crook. I know one when I see one. I no longer am gonna sit here and "dumb down stuff" I'm gonna let you know exactly what's going on.

He's a fucking snake oil salesman. Promising poor people stuff we can't afford and promising to take from those who actually hire and create jobs.

Promising to spread the wealth?! What the fuck is Obama talking about?! Why should I create wealth, start small businesses with my own hard earned income, and hire people? Because if I do, I'll be considered rich and have it taken away from me and "redistributed." He thinks people who make $120k-$250k/year is rich in the US. Anyone ever lived in London? Doesn't get you very far, does it?

Sorry, keep your hands off my hard earned money. Less government is the best government. Get Bush's dumb nonconservative ass out of office and get someone who is willing to take on corruption and pork barrel spending. It's definately not Obama.

OBAMA=============Bush. He's just a differant flavor...Bought and paid for by those who got him into office. He'll surround himself with party people just like Bush did. We all see how that turned out.

#15 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Let's keep to what Ash said about this topic and political debate. If you want to have another Obama vs. McCain discussion, make a topic in the HoP.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#16 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

Maybe your Lord and Savior, I didn't vote. Neither are qualified. Obama is a Marxist and a slick crook. I know one when I see one. I no longer am gonna sit here and "dumb down stuff" I'm gonna let you know exactly what's going on.

He's a fucking snake oil salesman. Promising poor people stuff we can't afford and promising to take from those who actually hire and create jobs.

Promising to spread the wealth?! What the fuck is Obama talking about?! Why should I create wealth, start small businesses with my own hard earned income, and hire people? Because if I do, I'll be considered rich and have it taken away from me and "redistributed." He thinks people who make $120k-$250k/year is rich in the US. Anyone ever lived in London? Doesn't get you very far, does it?

Sorry, keep your hands off my hard earned money. Less government is the best government. Get Bush's dumb nonconservative ass out of office and get someone who is willing to take on corruption and pork barrel spending. It's definately not Obama.

OBAMA=============Bush. He's just a differant flavor...Bought and paid for by those who got him into office. He'll surround himself with party people just like Bush did. We all see how that turned out.

How does Mccain support this view point? It was people like Ron Paul who supported this view point and the republicans called him crazy when he was the only one who was a REAL republican/conservative.

#17 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

I put Obama, but McCain may still win on election day due to many closet racists and such suddenly voting agaisnt Obama while they have been for him in the polls.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#18 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

$120k-$250k/year, even if you convert it to English pounds, would get you a fair way. Anyone can live sustainably well in London with that, considering there are enough students who live on a damn sight less than that to go to university there. If you can't live on £55k-100k per year, there's something fucking wrong. Have you ever even been to London?

Says who? Corruption-beating and pork-barrel-spending tackling, and taking a bit more interest in economic and socioeconomic policy are not mutually exclusive.

Next you'll tell me that it's the fault of sub-Saharan Africa that they're so impoverished. You'll say "Psh, they should work harder, perhaps buy some apartments and rent them out." How is it that America can simultaneously house some of the richest people in the world and some of the poorest? It's that l'aissez-faire attitude.

I put Obama, but McCain may still win on election day due to many closet racists and such suddenly voting agaisnt Obama while they have been for him in the polls.

QFT. Although he's blatantly going to get the black vote, which will probably counterbalance that.

#19 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

*ahem* Bob Barr.

But Obama has a slight lead in the polls, probably will be him. I can't vote till next time anyway, so what is, is.

Posted Image

#20 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:50 AM

I received by absentee ballot yesterday, and had to spend quite a bit to ensure it would be counted. Though, New York is almost certainly going my direction, unless a massive number of people do a write-in Hillary. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users