339 replies to this topic

#281 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:59 AM

OOC: Ok, so i can post in here sporadically, but not anywhere near as often as normal... so dont expect me to be around much.

So Vort, is the thing with the door still happening? cause if I'm not around you can have someone(or you could) god-mod Zhar's part when the time comes.
(hopefully that was vague enough to not give anything away...)
---------------------

Zhar sat, eyes closed, as the labyrinth went through another shift.
"Yes... I think.. I have got it" he rose smoothly, opening his eyes when he got to the top, and spinning on his heel strode around to the opposite side of the doorway.

He ran his hand along its smooth surface. He jerked suddenly, as if he had been struck from behind, and began to tremble, falling to the floor.
Stop wasting time Zhar... I will not be impressed should you fail...
As soon as it came the demon lord was gone again.

Zhar took a deep breath, standing... then having to fight back a spasm-like retort.
"That Demon!" came the words, before he could stop them. But the personality subsided, and he relaxed once more
We hasss it nowss
"Not quite... but I think I am ready to get started"

He walked up to the door and with a glowing finger drew a circular symbol, infinitely complex in its tiny details and symbols. He would have to fill out multiple ones of these around the room for the gateway to work, but if everything went as planned....

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#282 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

(TIS TIME....my laptop took a shit...and I fixed it...and I am here to take a vengance!)

Nowe stood before two massive gates, his scimitars strapped to has back, staff in his hand, and sweat beading on his forehead. The trees that had been burned and cut down would be avenged, their bretheren would finally be silent. Those that had been cut down had been taken into this city, and it had taken Nowe only seconds to decide the city's fate. It was a lager town, but still on the size enough to where a spell he had prepared would raze most of the vicinity in seconds. He would give them one chance, and only one chance, to apologize for their sins against his forest, for their attrocities against his trees, and for their lack of any thought or care in the matter.

"Open your gates! I would speak with all of your people this instant! If you do not, you will know the fury of a Druid and a Drow!" called Nowe.

Laughter lept back at him from the ramparts around the town. The soldiers guarding the gates did not thing him serious enough to warrant much attention. That is until a massive bolt of lightning licked at the ground near the bottom of the gates, directed from the outstretched arm of Nowe. "I order you to open you gates, or your gates will be next!" he called again.

This time, he was answered by a slow creaking, the gates opened inward. Nowe slipped between the cracks in them before they where fully open, and was immediately confronted by an armed guard of no more then ten scared men. "You will leave now..." one of them said in a frightened tone.

"No, I will not. For you have harmed the trees, and their friend has come to repay you for the deed. Bring the people to your town square, and make haste, for I give you all one chance, and one chance only, to earn my forgiveness."

The ten guards scattered, a warning bell began ringing somewhere. Shouting and chaos ensued for a few minutes. In this time, Nowe found the town square, the small center of the town with a raised platform for a speaker. Nowe stepped up onto this platform. People came streaming down the streats, flooding into the town square, and all eyes were focused on Nowe, for they had all been told the news. A guard came up to the platform, but did not step up, he said to Nowe, "This is everyone that is in the town right now, as you needed."

"Good," he replied, "Who can give me the name of this town?"

"The town's name is...is...Myaduril, sir..." said a hesitant woman.

"Fine. Citizens of Myaduril!" Nowe shouted, "Hear me now! You have harmed the trees. Those which I call friends! Bretheren! Family! Life! You have harmed all that which I have held dear for hundreds of years! Now you shall pay for your sins!"

"But sir! You promised forgiveness!" cried one of the guards.

"And you will recieve none! For I see in you now, just as I see in most of you vile humans, that hunger, lust for more material needs. I know now that you will never give up your destruction of the forest. And I know now, that I will never forgive this town for its deeds to my friends and family. This town will be destroyed, that is my judgement, and the judgement of the trees handed down to me to give unto you! The trees have called you murderers, and I agree. The trees have called you vile, and filthy, not right to live with them or without them. It is their punishment which shall be unleashed upon you, but they are my friends and cannot act as I can. This town has acted, and now it is the tree's turn!"

Nowe planted his staff firmly in the ground. Spidery lines of energy streamed down from the staff into the platform, and thus into the ground. There was sobbing from some of the women, children were crying, men were holding their wives and children close. The energy expanded and contracted, in sync with Nowe's breathing. Nowe thrusted his right hand towards the sky, and his left he placed on the staff's top crystal. A bright white light filled the night sky, and then far above the city, a shining star emerged. But alas, it was no star, it was a meteor headed right for the town. "This is the will of the trees," cried Nowe, "And their judgement passed onto you!"

The lines of energy from the staff disappeared, along with them the staff, Nowe, and the platform. The people of the city were left staring at the meteor in the night sky, steadily growing larger and larger. A few seconds after Nowe had teleported out of the city, the meteor struck with a near cataclysmic force. An earthshattering explosion rocked the entire town, vaporizing houses, roads, humans, anything caught in its path. The destruction reached the outer parts of the town, and encountered a barrier strong enough to deflect the blast back towards its center. A shield, projected by the power of the trees through Nowe's staff. As soon as it had began, the fires died, the night sky returned to its deep hues of blues. The trees were finally silent, and Nowe was at last able to think again.

"What about that group of travellers.....they understood me, understood the trees...perhaps I should return to them." Nowe began to run towards their last known position, but the trees kept correcting his course through the woods.

((OOC: never....never EVER piss of the trees....the trees will kill you.))
((Oh, and Vort: Can I just say that Nowe tracked the group to wherever you are on now?))

Posted Image

#283 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:07 AM

OOC:
Thanks for the spell check FZM's... the computer i was on didn't have one, as you could probably tell

So, from what i can tell not much has happened since I left (well, not too much)

Vort, i await your reply to my pm from before i left...

FZEDIT: Hehe, any time my friend ;)

Posted Image

#284 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

((@ Nowe: Or you could teleport in. We went through some kind of Rubik's cube maze thingy which seemed like it would be impossible to track us through.

@ SWG: Nope. Not Much.

@ Everybody: LET'S GET MOVING!))

Tom stood up once more, wincing at the pain in his side. He put it out of his mind, and readied himself to attack once more. He had seen the way that the crossbow bolt had slipped in underneath the scales, and it was this weakness he was going to try and exploit. He made a few wild stabs as he moved about the room, in an effort to draw the thing away from Rom. When his back hit stone, he prepared his attack.

The demon-lizard swiped its tremondous claws at Tom, who quickly jumped up and over the attack. The claws dug deep trenches out of the wall, and reached up when Tom landed on the lizard's back. He plied one large scale up with his left sword, and stabbed as far as he could into the flesh with the other. He was disappointed when his sword only made it about six inches in, but didn't have time to dwell on it. As he finished pulling the sword out, the infernal beast let out a tremendous scream of anguish and began bucking to try and get Tom off its back. He jumped to saftey and looked to Arngrim, who had drawn his tremendous sword. "We've got to kill this thing. It's not invincible - not if we can hurt it. Which we've already done."

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#285 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Theria felt so helpless, simply watching from the corner, back to the wall, as her friends and comrades-in-arms tried in vain to hurt the demonic creature. Tom shouted in victory as he dug his sword in beneath the scales of the beast and leapt from the beast, turning to Arngrim. Sadly his attention was taken away for a moment and the Deathknelf suffered another crushing body blow from a scaled limb, though Arngrim was fast enough and far enough away to dodge it.

Observing, Theria wondered what could be done to destroy this monster. So far they had discovered one method, ineffective and inefficient though it be, but it was all they had.

A thought occurred. Not a brilliant one, by all accounts, but she had to at least try something.

"Over here, you big fat lump of shit!" she shouted, waving her arms as well to make sure she got the beast's attention.

"Me?" called Illyriel.

"Not a time for humour," she muttered, bracing her legs, preparing to spring. The lizard charged, trundling past Illyriel and Arngrim, gaining speed rapidly. Gauging her moment carefully, Theria leapt, pushing her foot off the wall behind her. She tucked up into a tight ball, soaring high over the creature's back. Glancing out from between her arms, carefully positioned to protect her face, she suddenly caught sight of the colossal, thick tail slashing up through the air towards her. The heavy flesh smashed into her, knocking the air from her lungs and sending her spinning into the far wall, but her plan had already worked.

The scaly demon let out a savage howl as it tried to stop in time, but was unable to even come close. It went careering into the wall, smashing through the stone, bringing several tons of masonry down upon its head.

"That won't stop it," muttered Bazric.

"I know," wheezed Theria, desperately trying to get some air back into her bruised lungs. "But it should get us a moment to think."
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#286 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

The chanting reverberated around the room, gaining in volume. The room began to shake, the Pentagrams shifting slowly, rotating.

Zhar had his eyes closed, but his voice was now raised to a yell, the door before him began to light up, symbols etching themselves along its surface around the pentagram he had already drawn on it.

It had taken a long time, but now was it... everything was in place.

I am coming for you Vayu, there is no escape...
This though brought reply from the others in his head, but he sharply cut them off, it was important to keep complete concentration, he couldn't risk distraction of any sort...

((so vort, when am i gonna re-join you? and by that i mean when are you gonna beat the lizard-dragon?))
((VORT: Whenever someone thinks of a way to kill it. :p Incidentally, that could be you if you want to show up. There are a lot more ways to kill something with magic than with swords and arrows and whatnot. But give us a chance first. That's a cue for everyone else too, be inventive! Think of some creative means of disposing of this fell monster that plagues us so!))

Edited by Vortigern, 05 January 2009 - 07:01 PM.

Posted Image

#287 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

((Sorry, but I don't think a two-foot tall and distressed gnome, whose sole asset cannot be used right now and would surely be guarded against anyway can do much against this thing.))

Shava lay prostate on the ground while the others desperately fought the demon-lizard. She cried. Tears streamed down her face: the melted, scarred face with its flattened nose and ragged ears. Her hair started a third of the way to the back of her head, as the heat of the kiln had destroyed the follicles on her front. Overwhelmed with emotions even she could not control, the gnomess sobbed on the scuffed floor of the amphitheatre, suffocated by the terrors of her past. Shava did not make to move when the monster's foot nearly crushed her skull to the ground. Several more minutes passed.

Gradually, Shava sensed another presence in the room; a mind like hers. She did not investigate. Meekly, she refused to resist even when it invaded the sanctity of Shava's mind and began overriding her thoughts and emotions. Like a familiar under the control of a mage, her arms acted of their own accord, pushing her torso upwards. Shava did not walk to a distant corridor and draw herself together; her body strode away from the fight, without her interference. Frantically, she began to fortify and defend her last refuges of sanity, but the force of her invader was too strong.

Out, out! Shava intoned, You have no right to be here! This is my mi--

Hush, child. The voice of a male gnome cut her off. Rest, and I will calm your thoughts.

Unable to do anything about it, Shava's hold on reality slipped, supported only by the mental arms of an unknown entity.

((I'll bring Shava around in my next post. She's in good hands :unsure: ))

Edited by Ravnin IV, 06 January 2009 - 12:15 AM.

Posted Image

#288 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:05 AM

A piercing bright white light filled a room in the maze, spidery lines of magic and circles of runes filled this space, and a loud bang was heard throughout most of the rooms in the maze. Little would the party know that Nowe had found a way in until he actually met up with them. Nowe shimmered into view in the center of the rings of runes. His clothes were a bit dusty, but other then that he appeared unphased. He now wore a black cloak over all of his gear and himself, holding only his staff out to where someone could see it. He dusted himself off, and began to wend his way through the rooms within the maze, and all the while lead by the sound of violence, claws scratching against shields and walls, swords swinging through the air. And in this dark labarynth...the drow ruled.

Posted Image

#289 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

((Nowe, no one is in the labyrinth anymore, except Zhar... maybe you should edit your post to say you appeared inside Maughold, not the labyrinth))

((VORT: Hey, he can be in the labyrinth if he wants. If he can track us with some form of magic or whatever, he'll find us soon enough. Alternately, follow the pile of corpses. :)))

Posted Image

#290 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

((If someone wants the killing blow...))

Tom watched as the behemoth pulled itself out of the rubble. He brought his swords up to guard once more and clanged them together to draw the lizard to him. The beast turned slowly, dazed from its crash into the wall, and looked at Tom. Why the small stripeflesh wouldn't die was anyone's guess in its demonic mind. It began its charge, at first coming at a slight jog and intensifying into an all out run.

Tom focused his mind, clearing out the twinges of pain he could feel in his chest and his concern for Theria, and then jumped. Once again he landed on the back of the beast and plyed the great scales upwards, plunging his swords into the flesh as far as they could go. As the thing thrashed about to try and get Tom off, he began applying increased pressure to one side of the thing's flank. It turned in that direction, eager to get away from the pain it felt - Tom applied this to his advantage. He turned it towards the accursed door and pressed as hard as he could with both blades, driving it closer and closer once again.

With only a few feet to the door he gave the only warning, shouting "Cover your ears!" before he crashed the beast into the door and flipped off its back. He watched as the thing writhed in mental pain and braced himself for the otherworldly scream that was about to split the room. "This is our chance," he said to noone in particular as the scream rose to its climax.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#291 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

Nowe noticed fresh blood paterns in the stone. The splash was less then a few days old, and it still stank. If anything he could guess that the group had passed through the area, but were already long gone. He placed his feet on the ground and began to concentrate once again. His projective visions appeared around him, he could see the fight taking place, and then he knew. He was sure they were in Maughold, and he had a twinge of sense that they where in trouble.

He planted his feet firmly in a stance taught to him long ago. His staff was held in his right hand, the projective hand, and he called out into the universe, begging it to take him to the place where his friends most needed him. He urged it to be swift in its answer, and then he began to sing. The elfsong, not the drowsong, but the pure, untainted elfsong of the High Elves. It flowed from his lips like a river, taught not by anyone but himself as not a drow, but an elf. Since he had abandoned his people, he had turned into the light, and as such purified his song.

Posted Image

#292 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

((OOC: Hrm, I'll take it, Copa :) ))

The beast had been a tough nut, but brute force had a habit of cracking the strongest will, simply by bypassing it altogether. Much as it galled him to see the untrustworthy lout's mind assault leave the beast reeling, Arngrim had to give him credit; it had worked, and had left it ailing long enough to have him clamber up the beast's tail and onto its scale-armoured back. He could smell its acrid reptilian stink, but underneath it lay another smell, the sweetness of his enemy's fear as he hooked his steel toecap under one of the quills on the creature's back for leverage.

He gritted his teeth and let out a mighty war-cry, even out-shouting the flailing lizard. His eyes glowed a deep fiery red as he channelled his anger, his darkest wrath, into his strength. The pain was excruciating as a small portion of his life force condensed and distilled itself as raw energy in the muscles of his arms. Eerie red veins flared about his neck and face, advertising his Furyan magickery in action. He lifted the sword up and behind him, hefting the twenty-pound greatsword in one hand as if it was lighter than air, and then swung it down upon the creature's neck like an axe. The magic burning through his strike produced a blood-red blur of rage behind the sword as it cleaved though the beast's hide. Life-magic surged through the sword and into its prey, discharging with a horrifying flash of energy and hunks of flesh as he butchered it. The sword moved as if it were a rapier, carving and chopping and slicing through the armoured body and removing chunks across its form. With the twelfth blow, with large quantities of the creature already splattering against opposite walls with a wet plop, the head was guillotined from body with a downward blow.

Arngrim dropped from the collapsing hulk's body to land on his feet as it thudded to the ground in a bloody heap. He almost concealed his need to prop himself up on the end of his sword's blade, but he was visibly drained of energy. It took him a moment to regain composure.
He strode over to the main carcass, and thrust his forearm deep into a gaping wound, from which innards still glopped to the floor. He retrieved a small greenish pouch, which, much to the disgust of most of his onlooking companions, he put into his own belt pouch. Tom wasn't disgusted - he knew what Arngrim was after.
"Drake gall," he explained, for the information of others, "fetches a high price in certain circles. Tastes pretty good with a steak, too, I'm told." He grinned wryly. He cared not for pretentiousness. Let the lords and the ladies of the world gorge themselves and get fat. It kept the niche open to keep him in his line of work. As long as people needed other people killed, people like Arngrim could survive. The drake gall would simply be a nice Wintersday bonus for him. He snapped a couple of the creatures' teeth out, too, both as a souvenir and as proof of the deed - he'd have taken the head, but he had a bigger bounty trophy just around the corner.
He hitched the sword back up on his back, having regained his composure. He laughed heartily. "Let's hope this fell spell-thrower has more mettle than this," or it'll be more than the job's worth, Arngrim didn't add. Not that I'm complaining. If they're willing to pay me over the odds, who am I to tell them it was worth less?.

#293 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

The first thing Vithar felt upon returning to consciousness was pain covering ever inch of his body. Then sound, or the lack of it, returned. He tried getting up, but fell back down almost immediately. Apparently his injuries were quite extensive. So he set about mentally healing himself.

First, dull the pain. Vithar found that about the only thing that kept him from moving was the extreme pain, now nothing more than a throbbing in his body. Next check the injuries. Nothing more than a few cuts and bruises. Vayu must have tried to break bones, but did not count on his attack protecting Vithar partially. Which left Vithar to heal a good number of various cuts, scrapes, bruises and more on his body.

<Well, that didn't go so bad. Least I can move a bit...Time to see to the others.>

Vithar looked at the others. Rom and Thaos were still unconscious. The rest were still standing, and looked to be in various states of injury, although nothing looked more fatal than a few broken bones. Then Vithar noticed the giant lizard-demon lying dead on the ground.

<How did I miss that, yet see the rest of the part? I'm slipping...>, Vithar thought, then said, "Well, if any needs healing, I'm still alive to help. Won't being actively participating against Vayu, but at least I can help now."

Before he went about the business of healing, he picked up his katana and removed the sheath from his back. Sheathing the glowing blade, he closed some clasps to hold the katana in, making an effective shortstaff.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#294 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Rom woke, attempted to stand, and fell face first into the slate floor. A panel shattered, spider-web thin cracks racing all around it from Rom's moaning body, accompanied by a small cloud of dust.

Regaining his composure, Rom groped for his axe - eventually finding it, despite the massive throbbing in his head and matted blood on the fur of his face. Grunting, he took a knee with one leg, supporting it with his other. Balancing awkwardly for a moment, he willed his aching muscles to move; and move they did. He gradually ascended upward, until he stood his normal nigh-on fourteen feet in height. Shaking his massive head to clear his mind, Rom snorted and looked for Theria. Spotting her general figure amongst several others, he used his axe as a sort of crutch and loped gingerly over. She was embroiled in conversation with Tom and Angrim, while Bazric deposited Shava's shuddering form at their feet and went to retrieve Thaos from wherever he'd landed.

His eyesight now close to it's original clarity, Rom peered into the far edge of the room, and saw that the drake had been slain. Apparently viciously beheaded, he would have held a feat honorable enough for a Minotaur if it weren't so hastily and crudely done - a true warrior of Rom's make and stature would have done the job in two, maybe three carefully-placed strikes at the base of the head.

Having now almost fully revived from his ill-advised solo attempt at destroying the now-dead monster, Rom turned his attention to the bickering group and murmured huskily,

"Now what?"

Edited by mike_, 07 January 2009 - 12:21 AM.

#295 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Shava recognized a kindred spirit for the first time since discovering her ability. The gnome and gnomess communicated without words, but with rapidly changing emotions; a method many times faster than language. This sort of expression, of course, is nigh inexplicable to those who have not experienced it firsthand. A loosely translated version of what transpired lies below, although it loses much when put to words.

How is this possible? You are not close by, asked Shava.

The male gnome replied, I suppose you're cutting the formalities? For future reference, my name is......which cannot be expressed in any form of communication but the one we currently employ. If you must speak of me to others, you may call me Kasav; this is the sound I have chosen for myself when I must use the pathetically slow speech of other races. I am pleased to meet you, and you, no doubt, are quite thrilled to know that there are others like you. Kasav's mind raced many times faster than Shava could track, and she had to ask for a repetition of his message. I apologize for my rudeness. You see, you are the first half-breed that we have learned of. No doubt your skills are much less developed than ours, Shava. I will reduce the speed of my empathy. This is not your native language. To answer your inquiry, gnomess, I and those like me have a mind-range many times that of yours. I am in the Maughold, but where is not important.

Struggling to interpret the messages, Shava brokenly and unskillfully communicated her questions about her heritage, to which the gnome informed her of what he knew. Yes, your mother was one of us. She was foolish and young and unwise. I did not know her personally, but if you should have chance to meet your cousins and grandparents, they will explain more than I.

What is your interest in me? Do you know why I and my companions are here?

Shava, I know everything that I care to pick from your mind; you have concealed nothing. Vayu must die for his extermination of our kind, and we will fascilitate this in any convenient fashion. I have healed the wounds upon your mind, and when you awaken you will be fresh and energetic. My strength will back yours: while any emotional impressment you attempt will not be aided by me, should Vayu attempt to access your mind he will meet great resistance. With much effort, he might be able to overcome our combined force, but such a feat would require that he ignore your dangerous companions for too long. Now, time is short. I will show you more, but later, after this is finished. Go to your friends.

Abruptly, Shava Kartaan sat up in the circle that her companions formed. "I'm quite alright!" she informed them, "There is no cause for worry." Noting that the drake had been vanquished by one of her party members, she joined the conversation around her.

Posted Image

#296 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:22 AM

Spidery lines of energy formed from seemingly thin air all around the group standing around the dead hulk of beast. Red lines of runic magic began penetrating deep into the stonework. The blood spilling from the wounds in the animal carcass became nothing more then dried up wisps in the heat touching the runes. The magic didn't affect anyone in the party however, but the light became very intense for a few brief moments. A song, distant yet vibrant was heard in the background of the light, while a shape began to materialize within the center of the circles of runes. With a loud bang, the lines of energy, searing heat, and notes of music faded, and a figure stood before the beast, and among friends.

"It looks as if I was just a bit late," commented Nowe, turning towards his former companions, "I am sorry for the delay, but I could not ignore the trees any longer. Let me see..." he said, turning towards the wounded, "Nothing serious, a few broken bones...a bit of blood there yes....that's a nasty gash....ouch...My my my....you were busy while I was away!"

He picked up his staff, and headed over to the wounded Vithar, "Would you permit me to use some healing magic," he said to the blood covered figure, his violet eyes unwavering in their stare.

Posted Image

#297 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

"As long as it won't interfere with my own healing of myself," replied Vithar, still leaning on his sheathed katana, "Either way, I'm still too weak to be of much service."

While he said this, Vithar scanned Nowe with his mind. Having never met Nowe before, Vithar was wary, figuring Nowe to be unpredictable. Sensing no malevolence, Vithar stooped mentally scanning Nowe, and leaned more heavily on his sheathed katana.

"Urgh...I seem have lost quite a bit of blood...But before we continue, I would like to stick with the pleasantries. I am Vithar Akluun, although, you can just call me Vithar. Might I ask your name?"

before Nowe responed, Vithar reached into his satchel, pulled out a small skin and took a quick drink. His energy partially restored, Vithar took a little weight off his katana.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#298 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

((ok, im god-modding some conversation here... hope no one minds[i know Ash doesn't like being god modded... im only using Arn for one word, so i hope you will allow me that]
oh, and apologies in advance for long post... and i hope im not doing this to early/wrong, if so, vort can delete this or whatever and fix it how he wants))
((VORT: I'm going to put in a little editing here, but nothing major. Good stuff, SWG.))

After Nowe and Vithar finished with their pleasantries, noting as well Arngrim's gruff acknowledgment, the group settled down.

"Not that this isn't fun," began Shava. "But what do we think about getting through that door now?"

"Must be worth a look," agreed Tom. "I'm sure there are all manner of unimaginable horrors waiting for us beyond." He stood up, wincing as his broken ribs and slashed skin leaked blood and no doubt filled his unfortunate form with pain. "We don't want to try Vayu's patience."

Illyriel nodded mute agreement and headed to the doorway, running his hands along the seals.

"I don't think there's anything there any more. That lizard thing-"

"Drake," muttered Arngrim.

"-must have been resilient enough to take it all out," finished the wood elf.

"I guess it was good for something after all," murmured Theria with a wry smile, rubbing her bruised arm. That would come up a real shiner, no doubt about that.

"It's not like Vayu to leave a door unprotected," said Vithar through gritted teeth, as Nowe continued to see to his wounds. "He gave me a nice little look inside his mind when he grabbed me earlier, and I'm certain there's far more to it than we realise. It's probably got some kind of trap on it, set to activate as soon as the seals are broken."

"Well, I for one will n'a be just sittin' here waitin'," growled Bazric. "This Vayu character's put us through enough hardship already. Time tae go get that evil son of a bitch." Bazric strode forward, and Illyriel stepped fluidly aside. "Ge' back, the lot o' ye'." After a moment's scurrying away from the portal, Bazric took a deep breath and flung the door wide open. There was a blinding flash of light. Bazric raised his head and looked around. "Ye all a'right?" Accord came from all quarters.

"What's happened?" asked Theria.

"It's a wall!" said Thaos, slowly, in great surprise. "Don't tell me we all just nearly died for a dead end." True enough, a plane of solid stone fell from the top of the frame to the floor, smooth and seamless, unbroken. Theria stepped forward, running a hand over the polished surface.

"It's just stone," she whispered. Rom stepped up, shaking his head - clearly the blinding flash had taken a toll on his doubtless aching head - and gave the stone a mighty shove. His hooves scraped across the stone floor, but the wall did not budge.

"Shit," said Arngrim. Tom echoed him under his breath, and Theria felt like doing the same.

"Rom, do you think your axe might make a dent?"

"Rom will try," agreed the Minotaur, raising his axe. He was about to swing down when a head popped out from the stone.

"Are you coming, then?" asked Zhar's disembodied head. "I thought you wanted in on this guy?" He looked around at the stunned faces. "What?"

"Where's your body?" asked Tom.

"Oh, right," muttered the mage, and whispered some quick words. The stone vanished to reveal a swirling vortex of doom. After all they had been through recently, nobody looked even remotely scared. "But I get to kill him!" snapped Zhar, switching personalities again, this one furious at being interrupted. "... if any of you bastards or bitches get in my way I will slit your throats!" He stiffened suddenly, blinking, then continued as though nothing had changed since his unearthly apparition through the stone wall.

"Now, come along." He grasped Theria, the closest to him, by the wrist and pulled her through the vortex. Rom grunted and followed his sworn mistress, Illyriel and Tom close on his cloven heels. The others, Shava, Thaos, Nowe, Bazric, Arngrim, followed behind, leaving Vithar where he sat.

On the other side of the mystic eddies of time and space lay a bizarre fortress of confusion, puzzle and deceit, floating panels of stone, columns and stairways sitting perfectly still in a vast blackness.

"This is no dimension you will recognise," said Zhar, sounding exactly like a mentor. Clearly one of his personalities enjoyed instruction.

"No shit," grunted Illyriel.

"Clearly Vayu is far stronger than I imagined if he can create a sanctum like this. We must proceed with caution." He turned, the eerie red light of the distant planets and stars visible reflecting in his mad eyes. "Welcome to the Inner Sanctum of your greatest enemy."

--------------------------------
((So, it basically looks like the Arcane Sanctuary from diablo 2:
here
here
and here

But all red like the first picture and more gothic, evil looking... if you get what i mean
Oh, and this was all pre-organised with Vort, just to let ya' know))
((VORT: Sorry, SWG, I kinda hijacked this. I got to changing a few bits, then did some grammarising, then I got carried away and pretty much rewrote the entire thing. :D))

Posted Image

#299 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

((Sorry about this, Nowe, but Tom was just too injured to be ignored))

In the eerily lit space, Tom called Nowe over. "You say you can heal, yes?"
"That is correct," came the reply.
"Would you mind doing me a favor? Several of my ribs are broken, others bruised, and my forearm is completely lacerated. I have done what I can with bandages but I fear those are only skin deep and will serve me no good while we fight Vayu."
"Let me see..." he said, and then set about using his healing magic. Tom shuddered every once in a while during the reparations to his broken ribs, as he could feel each particular rib sliding back into place, and then the damaged muscles reattaching. As soon as Nowe was finished with the forearm, Tom rolled his wrist out and made a few quick motions to ensure the quality of the job, and was pleased to find it was once again in complete working order. He thanked Nowe for the tremendous job, and then looked about himself. He was curious as to what was off in the distance - he knew the stars by name, but they seemed to be arranged in a slightly different order, and the massively large colored orbs puzzled him.

"So..." he started, "where, exactly is Vayu? I'm guessing that he'll have a large contingent of guards with him, and narrow pieces of floor don't exactly seem fit for a high paladin and his untold number of personal guards..."

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#300 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Vithar stayed back, but was ready, should the ebb and flow of mental energy change, to erect defenses around himself. He was no longer able to defend the rest of the party, nor was he in any condition to follow them. The most he would have done is slow them down, after losing enough blood to leave him in a weakened state. He sat down and meditated, desiring to have the strength to fight off any possible enemies.

----------------
((Well, this changes what I had planned...Partially. Vithar's not in the Inner Sanctum. Do me the favor to leave him where he is. He'd be too weak to anything anyways. Unfortunately, this also means he can't do what I had planned originally to assist the party. Oh well. Guess I can save that trick for later, assuming everything he needs is there.))

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users