339 replies to this topic

#21 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:50 AM

"See this face?" Shava pointed sardonically at her disfigured, scarred head with its melted skin. "That's an oven, and that's my adoptive father. And that's all you hear on the matter."

"Although I do thank you for paying me decent attention. Most people just ignore us gnome types. You're breaking the steryotype."

Posted Image

#22 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

Bitter...

"I have found I do that often. Although please don't take me the wrong way; I merely intended to inquire as to why you were here, and not elsewhere."

((OOC: One liners suck. We need to get out of the tavern to a place where we can kill stuff :p))

Edited by Copaman, 14 November 2008 - 02:22 AM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#23 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:54 AM

((we could have had the fight erupt out of the tavern... but you stopped that. so im gonna do something else... if thats ok? if not i'll just edit this post.))

conversation had begun as hushed whispered and lowered voices, the shutters remained closed and the flames still guttered, fugitive glaces were still being cast at Zhar, but he did not care.
"I told you they would know nothing!" he hissed at himself
"...so what? i wanted to come and i did" now quieter, so no others around him would be able to hear what he was saying
"they are of no use to use now... you know what that means..."
"...no, i cant be bothered killing them"
"...well i can!" he straightened, looking over at the dwarf, who still looked as if he was struggling to keep himself from lashing out.
"good bye... and, enjoy" he said, a wicked look crossing his face, evil intent in his eyes
suddenly he face changed, to a sorta shocked look, his eyes widened and he muttered a single sentence to the paladin, his voice almost sounding frightened
"stop me..." he turned then on his heel, and walked out.

outside the tavern he cursed loudly, before walking away a bit.
he turned, holding the dagger in his hand, he sliced it across his palm. Dirty brown blood was upon the dagger, but none flowed from the wound.
"damn it... i almost forgot" he turned, looking around then.

A man sat against a well in the middle of the path, he was passed out, most likely due to to much ale, and was sleeping it off in his dirty cloths with his back against the stones of the well.
"you will do nicely..." Zhar walked over to the man, standing over him. As sliced the blade across the mans jugular he woke, and attempted a cry out. but the blood stopped him, and as the man fell limply to the ground Zhar had what he needed.

he held the blade out infront of him, the blood dripping to the ground. He began to chant. A circle etched itself into the ground, glowing red. the place darkened, and the chanting grew louder.

Bazric appeared at the tavern door, sensing the evil emanations....
Zhar turned and laughed "to late, 'embodiment of the light'!" he said with an evil grin.

The demon began to swell within the circle, growing, soon it was as big as a man, then bigger. It finally stood, one and a third as tall as your average human, red leathery skin and huge muscles. although it lacked wings it still bosted two large horns from its head.

Town guards and spectators let out crys, and the guards rushed forward, to be thrown aside by one sweep of the demons large tail. The creature let out a mighty roar, emotions of anger, hate, anguish and evil could be felt within that call.

and then it stepped forward, towards the tavern, a deep growl emanating from its throat, already people had heard the beast and were fleeing out the door, some stood out to stand near the paladin, reaching for weapons.
and while no one was looking Zhar has escaped, he now looked down from one of the rooftops at few who seemed to be standing their ground against the creature...
"fools..." said Zhar, chuckling again before disappearing into thin air.

((there you go, out of the bar and killing a big demon, and dont worry, Zhar wont usually do this sort of stuff[unless vort specifically says to summon a big demon], this is just one time when his 'pure evil' side took over))

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,751 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

''Deathknelf!'' Bazric shouted. ''Now will ye allow a brawl?''

Both hands firmly locked around the handle of his blade, Bazric lept forward. ''If yer not complete pansies, you'll gittover 'ere 'n help this dwarf out!''

The demon reached out, ready to smack Bazric back to the ground, but the dwarf was more nimble then he looked. A quick turn in the air positioned the broad side of his blade before his body, and as he whispered a few incantations, a white glow flashed forward. The demon let out a fierce roar, it's paw burned with righteous retribution. Bazric landed on his feet and pressed onwards, readying his blade once more...

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#25 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

Theria sighed theatrically. "Shall we?" She retrieved her longbow from where she had leant it against the wall, slinging the quiver over her elegant shoulders. From the doorway of the inn she fired a single shot, the arrow arcing up and into the demon's glowing red eye. Illyriel and the Deathknelf rushed past her to the aid of the paladin, still encircled with the power of the Light.

"Men," she muttered, nocking another arrow. "What is it they say about 'where angels fear to tread'?"
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#26 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

Zhar stood alone outside the town
"you have gone to far!"
"to far?" he said mockingly
"just because you are too soft and weak to carry out the deed does not mean that i am..." he continued, contempt in his voice
"no Zhar, Zhar agrees that was to far"
"but funnyss thoughss" he said snickering
"no! i will go back, i will save them!" with that he began to run, i just hope im not too late...
Well i hope you are...

Posted Image

#27 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

((I'll save my big demon killer for later. You'll all just have to wait :p Oh btw in this post I take advantage of one of the original DK racial specialties - an ability to focus to the point where their sense of the flow of time slows, allowing for extremely accurate strikes and movements at the cost of extreme physical exhaustion. I'm just doing this to show off my prowess in battle, really... I won't do too much. For my purposes the inn has one story in the front and two-ish towards the back.))

Tom took a quick read of everything. The dwarf's blade, the arrow coming above him, Illyriel to his left, the beast recovering from its most recent wound. He saw that the arrow would hit the demon in the eye; as he thought it, it happened. He saw Illyriel preparing to strike. He saw the dwarf raising his sword. And he saw a path along the wall, to the gutter, around the beast, and into its chest.

He sprung to his right, pushing just hard enough to get him to a barrel next to the wall. In the air, he began taking out his dagger. He launched off the barrel and began running across the wall. As he did so, he saw the dwarf hit the demon with a wild swing. Illyriel began his attack as well. Coming to the gutter of the building, he grabbed hold and gave one final push off of the wall, supplementing his pull on the gutter with enough force to flip him upwards onto the roof of the inn. While he was transitioning from the wall to the roof he threw his dagger at the great thing. When he landed, he saw that he had hit his target, the throat of the beast right where the vocal cords would be.

He staggered backwards twice, and regained his normal vision. While he knew this focus was a blessing, he had not yet mastered it to the point of some of his ancestors... better to use it only when needed, for his own sake. Any more useage and he would have been unable to stand; any less and he would not have made the move correctly. The line he walked was a fine one, indeed.

Tom already knew his next plan of attack although his detour to the roof was slightly unexpected. Drawing his sword for the second time in one day, he waited from his perch to see if he'd even need to make that move.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#28 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

Theria, arrow held to the bowstring, watched closely as the strange band of do-gooders attacked the demon. Tom, the Deathknelf, leapt off the wall, hurling a dagger into the throat of the demon. She watched as it ripped across the demon's throat, and watched in surprise as the wound healed over almost instantly. She fired her third arrow into the very spot where the blade had just been, and the demon roared. It swung down, and the dwarf was forced to dodge wildly, falling to the ground and losing his grip on the enchanted blade. The demon looked down at him, and Theria began to move forward, instinctively. As her senses caught up she realised that Tom was busy regaining his balance after his exertions - she would find out about that later - and Illyriel was behind the demon, no doubt planning something heroic. The demon's arm whipped down, aimed at crushing the short creature below.

The demon roared as it was thwarted, the arm coming into contact with Theria's bow-staff. Somehow, the wood held. The dwarf scrambed to his feet and backed away.

"My thanks, lassie. Now get ye back an' Ah'll deal wi' this monster." Theria said nothing, retreating rapidly. A bow was no use in close quarters. She examined the stave as she went, and was dismayed to find a large crack down the middle of the bow. It would barely hold up to another arrow. The demon roared again. They were going to need a miracle.

((SWG, this is where your good personality comes in to save us and thus gain some degree of grudging respect, to the extent that we'll let you travel with us. Go nuts. Everyone else, fight away until such time as the day is saved!))
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#29 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

((yay! :p))

Zhar was now in the town, and rushing forward to the area where the tavern stood.
even as he ran forward people who had not already fled were moving in the opposite direction, one man tried to pull him away
"there's a monster! run!" but Zhar twisted out of his grip and ran forward. I Must help them, i Must stop this!.

Its a pity so many people have managed to flee... the bloodshed will be minimal at best...
...Silence! there will be no bloodshed! i will Stop it!
...ssss i'd likes to ssee you tryss...

He burst around the corner, seeing now the demon once more.
It roared, but Zhar let of a spell, which flew forward to hit the creature in the chest. It turning towards him, confusion in its eyes for a moment, before turning back on the attack of the creatures from the tavern.

Damn you! he heard the voice in his head, but he held them back. He could not let the others gain control.

he pulled forth the kriss, and began chanting once more. a deep dark blue light reared like fire around him, and he he ducked in a combat pose, before springing forward. He had to make it to the summoning circle, which still glowed on the ground where the drunk mans blood had been spilled, only from within that circle could he call the demon back to the hells that spawned it...

((gotta give everyone a chance to attack the creature and have some fun before i get to 'save the day' ;) ))

Posted Image

#30 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:06 AM

((thanks for not ending it yet.))

Rage. Blinding rage--anger that would prevent even the most hardened fighter from lifting his sword. That was the sensation that enveloped Shava, and it was this sensation that magnified itself a hundred times over. Shave reached out with her mind and impressed the feeling onto the demon as others struggled with it. But that was to little avail, for, as Shava learned, the demon fumed already at a rate far past anything Shava could muster.

Now, however, Shava knew how the demon thought, knew its emotions completely. Every person, at all times, has each emotion to varying degrees; no person is entirely grief or ecstacy or frustration. This Shava had learned over many years. The demon defied this law: no happiness was to be found in its soul. And so the gnomess threw her hair back with exhaltation and joy, and this the demon felt for the first time in its meager existence.

The spawn of hell felt that which only the gift of heaven can bestow: true, complete, essence-filling happiness, and it collapsed onto the ground, weeping tears of love. How long this state would last, Shava did not know.

((Yeah, she's just that good :p))

Edited by Ravnin IV, 15 November 2008 - 01:07 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,751 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

OOC: What the...

''What... what in...'' Bazric picked up his sword as he stared down at the beast. ''What did ye just do?''

Bazric slowly walked forward, but he did not strike. This was a completely new sight, a happy-looking, weeping creature of darkness. ''Lass, are ye tryin' te make me feel sorry fer this... thing?''

#32 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:27 AM

Suddenly the tears from the demons eyes turns into glowing hot flames, searing the creatures face. It screamed in agony, before the scream changed to a roar of rage and hatred. The demon lashed out at Bazric, knocking the dwarf from his feet, before charging forward, clawing at its burnt face.

It crashed through the front of the tavern, demolishing a whole half the building, before turning to see Zhar nearly at the circle. With another roar it charged at the mage, knocking him away to go sailing into the wall of a nearby building.

"I must get to that circle! help me!" he called out to the others, getting back up.
ha! take that you annoying little do-gooder, i will regain control and when i do!...
"this is my body, i am in control"
"... no itsss mines!" one of his other personalities broke out for an moment.
"No!" his good personality struggling back into control. It was very draining, fighting the inner battle with himself as well as the battle with the demon, normally any single personality would have relinquished control under this level of inner conflict, but his good self held in there. As such he would need the help of the others to aid him in stopping the demon, instead of relying solely on his own skill as he would have normally.

"Please, you must help me!" he called again, as he ran towards the circle once more...

Edited by some_wierdGuy, 15 November 2008 - 05:28 AM.

Posted Image

#33 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,751 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

OOC: Right... as my character is a decent paladin, I will allow him to damage this demon, seeing as this is what dwarf paladins do. Hunt demons and smite the undead. I hope you don't mind.

''Ruddy hell...'' Bazric got back up on his feet and once again took hold of his mighty runeblade, Justicar. ''Alright... alright!'' The dwarf closed his eyes and slowly moved his fingers over the runic carvings present on his blade. ''Light, give me strength.'' He repeated this sentence three times, and upon opening his eyes, clenched a fist. A white light engulfed his eye sockets, and from there, his entire body. The carvings on his plated armour lighted up as well, and it seemed as if the dwarf grew a few inches in posture.

''Retribution comes fer ye...'' he whispered. He gripped the handle of his blade, and with a sudden burst of strength, hurled it towards the demon. The light-infused weapon cut deep inside the demon's side, burning him severely. Bazric lept forward now, towards his precious Justicar, and grabbed hold of it. With another burst of power, he slashed it upwards, leaving a large gash. With one final push, the dwarf retrieved the blade and whispered a few incantations. A burst of pure light sprang forth, engulfing the demon in burning righteousness, but also draining Bazric of his last powers. The demon was wounded however, his body covered in scorch marks and with a deep wound in its side...

#34 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

((OOC: Jeez, I missed all this in two days?!))

Illyriel took advantage of the moment. The confused and battered daemon roared in pain and anger as the dwarf's blade pierced it and a deep red and black smoke leaked profusely from the wound. Leaping through this cloud melodramatically, Illyriel grabbed the beast's tail and quickly scaled its back. The wild fire of action in his eyes, he plunged his twin blades deep into the back of the creature, aiming for the heart.
In the corner of his eye he spied the enigmatic mage sprinting past...
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#35 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:11 AM

OOC: yes... yes you did :p
but dont worry, i kept the demon around so that you and Ravnin could have a go at fighting it a bit, now that you have had a bit of a go i guess i'll begin to wrap this up?
-----------------

Zhar was nearly at the circle,and as the demon remained distracted he got to it. He slowly stepped forward to the center, it seemed that an aura like fire was pushing up past him, as if some magical energy was shooting upwards and he was somehow interfering with it, making it visible where it came into contact with him.
((you know, like when you hold a match in a bunson burners flame when its blue))

He began to chant, but his concentration was broken for a second as some of his personalities tried to surface
Let Me Out!
...Zhar will find a way to break Zhars controll
...no! not until i stop this!

he fought them back down, and began chanting once more. He began to glow brighter, the circle doing the same. then the paterns on the ground began to un-draw themselves,
come on nearly there!...
In his head the battle still raged on, the taunting and laughter of atleast 3 other personalities tugging at him constantly, making it all that much harder...

Edited by some_wierdGuy, 16 November 2008 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

#36 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:45 PM

As the daemon spun on its heel to dislodge the troublesome elf on its back, a curious stream of dark ash issued from it - the beast was being returned to the realm from whence it came. Roaring it's defiance the creature reared back, throwing Illyriel unceremoniously to the ground, and charged at the enchanter who would send him back to the netherworld.
By now the ash came fast and plentiful, portions of the daemon's body streaming off as it ran. The creature stumbled as a leg gave way, twitched its eye as Illyriel's arrow cleft its torso but still it kept on. Now little more than a decomposing wreck, the daemon leapt forward and raised its remaining arm to strike the defenceless mage. With a final cry of fury the beast brought down its fist on the chanting man.
As the smoke, dust and ash cleared away, all that remained were a few scattered longbow shafts and a quivering magicker.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#37 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

Theria stared at the spot where the demon had been, then shook herself, releasing her body from the state of shock.

"You!" she shouted, striding towards the magician. "We need to talk. Illyriel, bring him inside." She turned to the dwarf. "You might want to come too. I have a feeling there's more to this than meets the eye." The dwarf sheathed his still-glowing sword and turned to face Theria.

"Why'd he come back?" he wondered.

"Who knows?" replied Theria. "But if he does, I'm going to pry it out of him one way or another. Deathknelf, would you be so good as to accompany me inside. I daresay Illyriel and I would not mind your company for a spot of interrogation. You too are welcome to join us, little friend," she added, looking down at Shava the gnomess. "Don't think I did not notice you helping us there. You are to be commended for your bravery." Theria smiled indulgently at the little creature, then turned and strode back inside the inn, along the path Illyriel had taken mere moments before, leading the insane wizard upstairs. "We have a lot to discuss, I think."

#38 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:12 AM

Zhar did not resist, even as the demon disappeared before him he felt his hold on his body loosening, he sagged shaking to the ground, and finally gave in.

he slipped out of consciousness for but a moment, and when he awoke it was not the same Zhar in control. he felt himself being dragged inside, strong grip on his arms hauling him along. He began to resist
"unhand Zhar! Zhar commands it!"
"so, your name is Zhar, is it?"
"...you might do well to remember it! so that when i slide my kriss between your ribs you will know whose name to curse!"
"curse?... your curses would be nothing compared to what the Demon made sure of!"
"....quite fool! what do you want elf?" he said the word contemptuously, even surrounded this personality kept an air of superiority and contempt for those around him...

((um... ok, interrogate away. I guess it would be easier if i knew what questions you wanted to ask, so then i can give you answers[or not, mwhahahaha], but seen as i dont i guess i'll past the posting stick to the next person...))

Edited by some_wierdGuy, 17 November 2008 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image

#39 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:41 PM

((Sorry, I meant to write them in the previous post but I got summoned away to help with last-minute essay writing, even though it was 12.30 a.m. We do things late here.))

Theria stood in front of the wizard, the Deathknelf behind her and Illyriel at her side, sword drawn, blade pointed dead straight towards the throat of the victim of the interrogation.

"I'm going to give you a list of questions, and you can answer them in your own time. I can't be bothered with a conversation with you." She paused, outlining her thoughts before revealing them to what may well have been the enemy. "First, why did you want to summon a demon here? Second, why did you come back to get rid of it? Third, who are you and why have you come here? Fourth, where are you headed? If you want to answer any more questions, don't let me stop you. If anyone else here has any questions to ask, you will answer them too, or you will feel the wrong end of a sword. I'm sure our Dwarven friend over there-" Bazric waved, mock-jauntily. "-would be happy to put you out of our misery."

#40 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

Curious, Shava scurried upstairs to witness the interrogation. It was not often that a gnome was afforded this much respect from other races, but she had stalled the demon for quite some time through her craft. The effort of not only impressing an emotion so strong, but of grokking the demon's corrupted soul, had drained her and she slouched against a door, watching the elves and the sorceror.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users