Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

This is a basic background for those of you who either didn't play this before or can't read very well or simply can't be arsed to figure it out from my posts. This is Arsencia 60 years on from before. Most things are the same, except that there is a new human kingdom. The humans are now split between Envael (the old human kingdom) and Anvar (the new one). Furthermore, there are two new races. Working hypothesis is that they were both there anyway, but irrelevant to the previous game. The two new races are the Minotaurs (fairly obvious) and the Vyre (kinda like living zombie-vampires, almost, sort of maybe). Read the pinned thread in the 'Warriors of Arsencia' subforum. Anyway, all the old races are still here. I won't list them or anything because they're all listed somewhere else.

In terms of gameplay, it will be rather similar, I'm thinking. By which I mean, this will be a pretty standard RPG format with no godmodding unless I say so, and there are rules concerning what magic you can use. I'm not going to have specific levels or points or anything, but you have to be realistic. There can be no 'My character sends a firestorm over the enemy, and we win, and then we go for a celebratory drink and my guy parties all night', because after a massive-ass spell he'd be shattered and probably sleep for at least a day. I'm entrusting it to you guys to be sensible. If you're not, I'll edit your posts until they are. (I reserve the right to edit your posts until they're not stupid.)

But yeah, you all the format, really. I hope you enjoy this as much as I intend to. :p

By the way, can nobody try to be a High Elf, as I have stated that they never leave the harrows, which would make adventuring rather difficult. I'm intending to come across them at some point and utilise their friendship, but not to actually have any of them in our group.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:18 PM

((Sorry, I meant to do this the other day but got sidetracked, then stuff happened. You know how it is.))

The Maughold:

The Maughold is a colossal fortress built into the bedrock of a mountainside, utterly impregnable, easily defensible and entirely self-sufficient. The Maughold is the seat of power for the human kingdom of Envael, as well as the home of one of the great military powers of Arsencia: the Sons of Man. They wear enchanted gold armour and carry swords and shields, and are often considered the superior military authority of the whole mortal world. They serve the king of Envael and, historically, are the reason humans still live in Arsencia. The Maughold itself is walled with solid granite, the rock of the mountains, but inside the walls most of the fortress city is paved with white marble. The palace, at the highest point of the city, is made entirely of white, pink and black marble and is home to the most lush and exotic garden in the known world, maintained by scores of gardeners.

Basically, imagine Minas Tirith but more fortressy and with farms and everything inside the walls, and without that big rock spur that Denethor jumped off in the third film. And kinda different, but pretty similar. Expand as you see fit.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

New summary: Three years after the end of Chapter 3, the world has changed quite a lot. A bunch of invaders arrived from somewhere over the sea off to the west and brought lizardmen with them, the melds have largely settled and are accepted by some, the Paladins have been dissolved and replaced by several minor human orders and the Elven Paladins, and there are several new human kingdoms. See the Tome of Librera for details.

This will now be run as a more freeform RPG. There will of course be paths crossing between characters but I don't want to have one single storyline dragging everyone along with it. Things get bogged down like that. For the most part, godmodding a single sentence's interaction here or there should be fine, but do not do anything more than that without first talking to the person whose character you intend to use, and any massively over-powered rubbish will be toned down by my editing your posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users