3 replies to this topic

#1 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:25 AM

ok, so i get the ox people and the vyre things, but who are the farya or whatever they are called? you didn't mention them in the new characters thing, are they like zombie vampires too?

im just confused as to what they actually are...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:35 AM

Minotaurs are a fairly standard mythological creature, the Vyre are pretty well explained, but the Furya are not, I admit. Therefore, let me proceed herein.

The Furya live on the southern tip of the peninsula in the south-west of Arsencia. Their numbers are few, but their strength is great, both magically and physically. They rarely travel outside the confines of their realm, traditionally, but recently have been seen far and wide. Their presence is often seen as a bad omen by most Arsencians, as they have a particularly deathly look about them. The Furya are about 6'6", on average, broad but skeletal, with very pale skin, long talons on both hands and feet and long, sharp teeth in very wide mouths. They also have stubby winglets which are not strong enough to grant them flight, but mean they can glide short distances. Their magic is extremely powerful, much more so than most humans can ever manage, but it drains their life force as they use it, shortening their life span.

Hopefully that explains well enough. They were actually meant to be a part of Nowe's Arsencia, as one of his friends introduced them specifically for his character, and then failed to show up and play. I have merely adapted them to be a more active part of the new Arsencia and reinvented them as my imagination saw fit.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

ah cool, thanks for clearing that up :good:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#4 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

Right, here's how I've decided I'm going to do this. I hope it works.

I'm going to leave some very open-ended posts for you guys to decide what to do next. You'll pretty much be taking it in turns, I should think. But anyway, currently Ravnin has the option of deciding what we're coming up against in our next encounter. I figured this way it stops me from having to invent everything to keep it interesting as we go along, and hopefully makes it a bit more like what you all envision this RP being. Everyone has different ideas.

So yeah, let's hope this works.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users