E.A game launcher prob

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 An Elf

An Elf
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hi everyone. Does someone have similar problem with the launcher: I almost finished evil mode with only two battles remain to be played cair andros and minas tirith.
But when I want to play game launcher fails to launch the game. The message displayed is as follows:The battle for middle earth™ launcher error.
Bellow this is game is already running displayed. Nothing happens after that. I played the game two-three days ago and there was zero probs.
If there is someone that could help me out I 'll appreciate any suggestion or clue. I 'll keep my eyes pealed.

#2 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

Please use some punctuation next time. It was very hard to read your post. :p

You got this error playing Elven Alliance right? Have you tried playing the vanilla game? If the vanilla works, uninstall and reinstall TEA.

If the vanilla doesn't, do this. Open up Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and select the tab marked Processes. Look for these specific processes:
game.dat
lotrbfme.exe
e5.0001 (this one will have a wierd thingy in front of it)

if any of those are still running, click End Process and end them. You'll get a dialog box asking you if you really want to. click yes.

now try both the vanilla and TEA.

#3 An Elf

An Elf
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Please use some punctuation next time. It was very hard to read your post. :lol:

You got this error playing Elven Alliance right? Have you tried playing the vanilla game? If the vanilla works, uninstall and reinstall TEA.

If the vanilla doesn't, do this. Open up Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and select the tab marked Processes. Look for these specific processes:

game.dat
lotrbfme.exe
e5.0001 (this one will have a wierd thingy in front of it)

if any of those are still running, click End Process and end them. You'll get a dialog box asking you if you really want to. click yes.

now try both the vanilla and TEA.

Hi ya. Well thanks for advice I did as you wrote in your reply and it seams that a game is in perfect running order again. :p
Sorry for my lines in previous post i was trying to organize them it looked ok to me anyway i just wanna write to you one big THANK YOU. ;)

#4 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

You're absolutely welcome! :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users