- Zelda styled world analogy applied to the Open World; open exploreable world with puzzles and 'dungeon' Challenge Levels.
- The game is saved by visiting save monitors, there will be no encryption on save files.
- The -mod switch will be adopted.
- The game world will be mostly terrain and mesh based.
- Each location to be a separate map file in development. May be broken up differently in final, dependent on Dynamic Evil transition requirements.
- The world is a nonsensical mass of Mayan, rugged outdoor and laboratory environments - a dreamworld built up of a thousand sleeping people.
- Artists to begin concepting DataRun's world.
9th November 2008
- Gameplay documents unveiled.
- Dead City basic concepts conceived - boatman to take player into the Dead City.
- Priority locations; Centre World, Temple of Heroes, Dead City, The Massive.
- The environment needs to be around 3 times the horizontal scale, due to speedy player movement speeds - keep it spacious!
- Player always resumes play in the Centre World
- World is generally open, with some blocked areas for the purposes of structured story progression.
- Make the Dead City more than a pool of Salvationable NPCs?
- Artists to focus on concepting Dead City.
16th November 2008
- Dead City architecture decided to be 'Rundown / Abandoned Oriental Metropolis, with Favella styled structures'.
- The wiki is now available at http://sheelabs.game...title=Main_Page
- The subversion server is available, details at http://sheelabs.game...itle=Subversion
- Jen to work on Dead City boat concept.
- Mike (zelenykocur) to work on Center World panorama concept.
- Other concepters to work on Dead City architecture.
- Rashad to work on player model.
- 3d Artists to work on new, jagged rock meshes.
- Erich to prototype movement metric environment.
- Gareth to work on Dead City theme music.
- Technical staff to be assigned projects - contact Ambershee.
- Ambershee to work on Post Process system, refreshed dodge metrics, draw up world layout and continue updating wiki.
- All staff to update their details and create personal pages on the wiki, and set up subversion.
30th November 2008
- Erich to continue movement prototype - Ambershee to finalise movement
- Mike to work on Centre World architecture
- Myles to work on Centre World volcano
- Kinjutsu to work on Dead City modular architeture
7th December 2008
- Dead City discussed. The Dead City requires an impressive central structure as a focal point, visible from the Centre World. This could potentially be a massive statue, such as the Statue of Liberty, or the statue overlooking Rio de Janerio (which would work well with the favellas), or a monolith important building. It could prove better however, to avoid identfiable structures, and keep the Dead City themed, but not restricted to any recogniseable real world location.
- Kinjutsu to continue modular architecture, bearing in mind potential destructibility, and using walls,instead of blocks for flexibility, Michael to concept possible structure shapes.
- Mike to continue Centre World concepts - hanging gardens of Babylon?
- Julson to work on post processing effect (dynamic evil) improvements.
- ChopperDave to work on dynamic fire spreading system.
Edited by ambershee, 07 December 2008 - 10:19 PM.