4 replies to this topic

#1 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

ok, first if this is in the wrong place then by all means move it to wherever, other then that i have been thinking about writing up a bit of a diary sorta thing by Zhar.

Things like him commenting on his growing insanity and events leading up to the last entry...
so here goes:
------------------------------------------
Personal Journal

Written, Illustrated, and Property of: Zhar Cadavok

The writings within this tome are a congregation of the chronicles of my life, i am writing this as a reference for myself and others who seek the same goals as me... eternal life.

About the Author
I(Zhar) was born to a poor family on the outskirts of Durren Hill. My memories of them are foggy, but i recall that i had my parents and a younger sibling of whom i do not know their name. When i was about five years of age the plague struck, and my family dropped of like flies. I Believe my father went first, then my mother and sibling at the same time shortly after that.

I have but one memory of awaking in the cold arms of my mother, with hers and my brothers dead eyes staring up at me. It was a particularly traumatic experience, and has instilled in my an unreasoning fear of death. It is from this single event that i believe my drive from immortality comes from. When i had grown to manhood i chose to join the order of dark magi, where i learned of many spells those of 'the light' would refuse to use. But i did not find what i was looking, and so expanded my search, i learned of summoning magics, light agics, and various other magics, though to not as great a depth as the dark magics, finding that these bough greater fruit in my quest for immortality then light or healing magic ever did.

Eventually i struck out on my own, and began my personal studies. it is now that you find me thus, ordering any findings within this Journal in the hope that i will one day make the discovery i so hope for.

Index:
-Findings in The Dark Arts
-Healing magics and light
-Magic Properties, and the effects of magical life extensions
-Longevity Among Other Races
-Earth Magic, and its uses in extending life
-Summoning Research
-Demons, and how they can help
-Diary Entries
-Personal Notes
((ok, so i wont really go through all those things, but i still felt like getting into character and including an index in Zhars book))

Edited by some_wierdGuy, 18 November 2008 - 07:59 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

Diary Entry, 0001

After 3 weeks of studies i have decided to create this book, if you turn back to 'Findings in the Dark Arts' you will see what i am currently working on. asides from that i believe my tower needs a good clean, scattered scrolls and artifacts are everywhere and i can barely move.

I find it interesting that i do not miss my old teachers, perhaps it is because they were laothsome men whom i always hated, or maybe it is simply because i can still remember Kajak's face as i destroyed him in that final duel... Its such a shame when a teacher cannot accept being outdone by their student.

I must also say that i find the solitude here very pleasant, there is not another soul for miles... well, not exactly true, there's not another living soul. i had to chase away the small settlement that had taken up residence near the stream. It wasn't to hard though, they believe the ruins to be cursed and i simply payed on their fears. of coarse there is no curse, just a bunch of decaying stones and this tower, in the morning i shall go exploring again, i still think there is more to this place then meets the eye.

If there is one thing i can admire Kajak for it was his cunning, im sure there are more surprises here in his old home, its a pity he isn't around anymore to show them out for me...

Posted Image

#3 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

Diary Entry, 0002

That bastard! i knew he would have a trap set up. it seems that as a began to move around his artifacts i unleashed a summoning trap. i awoke just in time to duck out of the way as a stone golem smashed its fist through the bed where my head had just been.

I dispelled the creature, but it left a terrible mess... that blasted teacher of mine.

I have moved on to report of the healing magics and that of light. i find it interesting to note a certain lack of this light magic around this tower. it seems my old teachers dark influence has drained the lands of any healing magic around the tower, oh well.

i am however in a good mood, for i have discovered many tombs of summoning in the tower. i am currently learning how to summon a fie spirit, and even a familiar of my own. they say you cant trust demons, but im sure i can bind this small creature to my will just fine...

Posted Image

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:39 AM

Diary Entry, 0003

Worked a charm! I now have my own little familiar to do my bidding around the tower, sure it constantly gibbers on to itself when i give it a task, and seems very frustrated by my bindings, but it complies with my every wish... it has no choice.

I have also been working on summoning small elemental creatures, i have conjured up a small wind creature, perfect the summoning of a fire spirit, and turned a pile of dirt into a slug-like golem of my own. Things are going along rather well.

I have made great progress in this journal since my last entry, completing most of the Magic Properties section, and am three quaters the way through Longevity Among Other Races... i have gone into particular detail on the Vyre, whom interest me the most with their particular habits.

Posted Image

#5 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

((ok, so im too lazy to do this properly anymore... so, um, lets think of a good excuse to end this... ah i know:))

*Like much of the book most of the following pages were burnt or have decayed to an illegible state, the entire back section containing further Diary entries is missing, though torn fragments you find around the decaying tower reveal a growing insanity in the writer, with the final entry readying a surprisingly clear passage:

"I cannot take it anymore, i will leave my tower now, and wander the lands...
I have failed... no one can find immortality, only a cursed demons tainted promise.
Perhaps there is still hope for my salvation. Even if there is none for my sanity..."
------------------------------

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users