Fortresses: how to...?

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#1 AleAleWitchKing

AleAleWitchKing
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Hi, first of all thanks to everyone who helped me. I'm creating a new Faction which can use all units and heroes of the others. This Faction now has an own SpellBook which contains Good and Evil Science. Now I want to permit at this Faction to build every fortress of the other Faction, adn from every Faction I want to create porter and heroes (for example from Angmar Fortress I want to create Angmar porter and Angmar Hero like Rogash and Witch King), and i'd like that if i put One Ring in a good fortress I cn obtain Galadriel and if I do the same at an evil fortress I obtain Sauron. I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Edited by AleAleWitchKing, 28 November 2008 - 02:46 PM.

#2 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  • Projects:View "About Me" Page
  •  Game Coder

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hi, first of all thanks to everyone who helped me. I'm creating a new Faction which can use all units and heroes of the others. This Faction now has an own SpellBook which contains Good and Evil Science. Now I want to permit at this Faction to build every fortress of the other Faction, adn from every Faction I want to create porter and heroes (for example from Angmar Fortress I want to create Angmar porter and Angmar Hero like Rogash and Witch King), and i'd like that if i put One Ring in a good fortress I cn obtain Galadriel and if I do the same at an evil fortress I obtain Sauron. I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

OK, one thing you, the limit for buildable buildings on a porter is 12 so i don't think you are gonna fit everything into it. Second of all you can add heroes via the playertemplate.ini code, find this code in your playertemplate.ini (The code won't be the same, this is from my mod, your will be different, it will still have the same base though):
BuildableHeroesMP			= CreateAHero NumenorAnarion NumenorElendil NumenorIsildur ArnorArgeleb ArnorArveleg ArnorArvedui ArnorCaptain GondorEarnur ElvenGlorfindel ElvenElrond
At the end just add the object name for the hero, example: GondorGandalf, GondorAragorn.

Below that line will be this line:
BuildableRingHeroesMP			= ElvenGaladriel_RingHero
Change that to what you want. I don't think that you can add so you can have 2 Ring heroes but i could be wrong, you could try adding this code after:
MordorSauron_RingHero
It might work

For the fortresses, porters from each faction that the Fortress belongs to will be buildable by default from it so you don't need to change anything.

#3 AleAleWitchKing

AleAleWitchKing
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

OK, one thing you, the limit for buildable buildings on a porter is 12 so i don't think you are gonna fit everything into it. Second of all you can add heroes via the playertemplate.ini code, find this code in your playertemplate.ini (The code won't be the same, this is from my mod, your will be different, it will still have the same base though):
BuildableHeroesMP			= CreateAHero NumenorAnarion NumenorElendil NumenorIsildur ArnorArgeleb ArnorArveleg ArnorArvedui ArnorCaptain GondorEarnur ElvenGlorfindel ElvenElrond
At the end just add the object name for the hero, example: GondorGandalf, GondorAragorn.

Change that to what you want. I don't think that you can add so you can have 2 Ring heroes but i could be wrong, you could try adding this code after:
MordorSauron_RingHero
It might work

For the fortresses, porters from each faction that the Fortress belongs to will be buildable by default from it so you don't need to change anything.

The WickedOne: I've sent you an e-mail at the e-mail address of your MSN (I konw that I wouldn't do it, sorry, but that is the only way to explain my problems without writing 1000 pages on a topic).

#4 AleAleWitchKing

AleAleWitchKing
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

I know that porter's limit, but if he builds a fortress, I'd be able to create a porter who can build the faction's building. PS if you have a contact on MSN can I contact you with it?

Edited by AleAleWitchKing, 20 November 2008 - 09:53 PM.

#5 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

I know that porter's limit, but if he builds a fortress, I'd be able to create a porter who can build the faction's building. PS if you have a contact on MSN can I contact you with it?

OK, i don't have much homework right now so i can do that crap tomorrow at school. Add me over MSN and i'll talk to you, i'm online right now. My MSN is: Bargond@hotmail.com

Edited by TheWickedOne, 20 November 2008 - 10:04 PM.

#6 Guest_Guest_AleAleWitchKing_*_*

Guest_Guest_AleAleWitchKing_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

Ok, now the heroes in 1°st fortress are OK (except Hero Fortress). Who can help me with the problem of the fortresses?

#7 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Get on your MSN and i'll talk to you over it.

#8 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

MordorSauron_RingHero
It might work

Well this may work, but Fortresses' commandsets only have 1 Ring Hero revive slot button, so adding 2 ring hero revive buttons may work, its worth a try ;)
Ridder Geel

#9 Guest_Guest_AleAleWitchKing_*_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

Ok, I'll try it, thanks. Also thanks to TheWickedOne, your solution worked, now my porter can build every type of fortress (good and evil). I didn't know that the string "CastleToUnpackForFaction" could be used to select the fortresses that a Faction can build. Thanks to everyone. I still need help... ;) 'cause now my fortresses create the same Heroes (I know that it's because in PlayerTemplate.ini file I inserted all Men Heroes). I'd like that every fortress creates the Hero of a Faction (ex. Elven Fortress has to create Elven Hero): is it possible? And last but not least, I want to solve a bug that can't permit me to create my custom hero from the fortress. There's the button, but in the skirmish menu I can't choose any custom hero, and when I try to create him it hasn't his look or special power... He can't attack any enemy unit!!! Thanks to everyone who 'll help me! :)

#10 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

For the heroes from the fort, you need to make new buttons to create (not revive) the heroes, for each fort you should have buttons like in the elven fort you should make creation buttons for Legolas, haldir and such. Also make sure that all those heroes have:
MaxSimultaneousOfType = 1
in their code :)

For the CAH there is no way to make a CAH be able to join your new made faction, so do not choose 'Random' ;)
Ridder Geel

#11 Guest_Guest_AleAleWitchKing_*_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:04 PM

But when I have created those buttons, how can I change the Hero series of every fortress? I'd like that it's unique for every fortress:
ex:
Men Fortress: Aragorn, Gandalf, Boromir, Faramir, Eowyn, etc.
Elven Fortress: Legolas, Elrond, Thranduil, etc.
Dwarven Fortress: Gimli, Dain, Gloin, etc.
Mordor Fortress: Sauron's Mouth, Shelob, Witch King, etc.

Please, tell me that it's possible to do this, and if it's possible telle me how to do it!!! ;)

#12 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

So then you CHANGE the fortresses commandset!
You have a men fort right?
Then the commandset for that fort should look something like this:
CommandSet MenFortressCommandSet
	InitialVisible = 6
	//Main Menu
	1	= Command_ConstructMenPorter
	2   = Command_SelectRevivablesMenFortress	
	3   = Command_SelectUpgradesMenFortress
	4	= Command_SpecialAbilityIvoryTowerVision;;
	5	= Command_FireWeaponMenFortressBoilingOil;;
	6	= Command_Sell

//Upgrades Menu
	7	= Command_PurchaseUpgradeMenFortressBanners
	8	= Command_PurchaseUpgradeMenFortressHouseOfHealing
	9	= Command_PurchaseUpgradeMenFortressIvoryTower;;
	10	= Command_PurchaseUpgradeMenFortressBoilingOil
	11	= Command_PurchaseUpgradeMenFortressNumenorStonework
	12	= Command_PurchaseUpgradeMenFortressFlamingMunitions;;
	13	= Command_RadialBack

//Hero Menu
	14	= Command_RingHeroReviveSlot
	15	= Command_CreateAHeroReviveSlot		// Note we also need an extra slot for the Create A Hero
	16	= Command_ReviveEomer		//Revives any hero. keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset! 
	17	= Command_ReviveEowyn		
	18	= Command_ReviveFaramir	
	19	= Command_ReviveBoromir	
	20	= Command_ReviveAragorn	
	21	= Command_ReviveGandalf	
	22	= Command_Revive........	
	23	= Command_RadialBack				
End

Ridder Geel

#13 Guest_Guest_AleAleWitchKing_*_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

[codebox]//Hero Menu
15 = Command_RingHeroReviveSlot // Note that we need an extra slot for the ring hero.
16 = Command_CreateAHeroReviveSlot // Note we also need an extra slot for the Create A Hero
17 = Command_GenericReviveSlot1 //Revives any hero. Use Slot1-Slot8 and keep them UNIQUE within the same commandset!
18 = Command_GenericReviveSlot2
19 = Command_GenericReviveSlot3
20 = Command_GenericReviveSlot4
21 = Command_GenericReviveSlot5
22 = Command_GenericReviveSlot6
23 = Command_GenericReviveSlot7
24 = Command_RadialBack[/codebox]

I have to change every "GenericReviveSlot" with "Revive(Name of the Hero)".

Is this what you mean? And I have to do this for every fortress I use in my Faction, right?

#14 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

No....
You MAKE a new button to MAKE A HERO, so a button would be like:
CommandButton Command_ReviveEomer
	Command				= UNIT_BUILD
	Object				= RohanEomer;;THE NAME OF THE HERO OBJECT
	Options				= CANCELABLE
	TextLabel			= OBJECT:RohanEomer;;TEXT FOUND IN THE HEROES INI
	ButtonImage			= HIEomer;;THE HI IN THE HEROES INI
	ButtonBorderType	= BUILD 
	DescriptLabel		= CONTROLBAR:RohanEomerRecruit;;REVIVE TEXT IN THE HEROES INI
	Radial				= Yes
	InPalantir	   		= Yes
	ShowProductionCount	= Yes   
End

Edited by Ridder Geel, 22 November 2008 - 04:05 PM.

Ridder Geel

#15 Guest_Guest_AleAleWitchKing_*_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

And I have to do this for every hero and for every fortress? I choose where a Hero has to be created, in which fortress, right? And is this have to be done in commandset.ini?

#16 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

And I have to do this for every hero and for every fortress? I choose where a Hero has to be created, in which fortress, right? And is this have to be done in commandset.ini?

Yes, every hero needs their new button. This is done in commandbutton.ini. Then you edit the fortress' commandset, done in commandse.ini. I could help if you want, over MSN.

#17 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:12 PM

As T.W.O. said, yes that is what you have to do.
T.W.O., there really is no need to have to help him over MSN, this task should be very simple ;)
Ridder Geel

#18 Guest_Guest_AleAleWitchKing_*_*

• Guests

Posted 22 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

Ok, I'll try later. I have other 2 questions. 1) I can't select custom hero for my faction in the menu of the skirmish. Can you help me to enable it? 2) Is it possible insert in a B4ME the news intoducted with B4ME Collector's Edition? I'd like using the new dragon (it isn't now so new)...

#19 Lurtzy

Lurtzy

Forerunner

• Project Team
  • 1,169 posts
  • Projects:Returning to modding

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

there is no way to make a CAH be able to join your new made faction

Edited by Lurtz101, 22 November 2008 - 07:22 PM.

Trying to hold on...

#20 dethwaker3

dethwaker3

Not Smart

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • Projects:New Heros and Units Mod
  •  Unwanted

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

If u want to play with custom hero on your new faction, to do that u have to do a little glitch in the game. Watch this:
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Done with my mod: Go here to download: http://bfme2.heaveng....php?fileid=667
or go here http://forums.revora...showtopic=67026 for some screenshot

Posted Image<---- Click here for download!

Posted Image
Click here to level up my card!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users