106 replies to this topic

#1 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

This is a goodbye of sorts. Lately, I've been doing more lurking on here than anything else. Patiently waiting for a little fun and excitement to hit this place, but alas, it hasn't. Things just seem extremely dull in here, so I'm going to take my leave of this place. I'll still lurk from time to time for various reason such as awaiting the release of D-Day (if Mig ever gets it done), but for the most part, I'm gone.
Those of you want to find me should seek psychiatric advice. Alternatively, you could try looking for me on MSN or the Tessmage forums, where I am more active (and less of a dick).
Anyway, thanks for the laughs over the past two years and I hope that if I should decide to return, that this place will be full of life once again.
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

Things won't be the same around here without you, Caspa. We'll miss having a cruel, sadistic arsehole around.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

We will?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

Not all of us are so uptight about a web forum, Matias.

I'll miss you, Caspa, even if you're convinced I'm a furry.

Edited by Destroyer, 26 November 2008 - 04:05 PM.

#5 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:07 AM

Well fuck. Now I have to step up and be the sadistic asshole again. Goddammit.

;)

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#6 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

Damn. You know how boring this place will be without your........ comments?

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#7 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:07 AM

Who will drive off all the stupid noobs like that Barack Obama (not the politician) guy, then? Anyways, I agree with you that Revora isn't much fun anymore. I'm sticking to other forums for the most part. I don't think things are going to pick back up again ever. I know for certain that the BFME modding community is going under and 3 or 4 mods are going under. Good ones, too. So far, only 1 large mod has ever been finished, and there are still a few bugs in it. There are 3 or 4 mods with actual progress, but most of the others are on hold because of issues. I have a feeling that everywhere else there are problems similar to the BFME problems.
Well, hopefully you'll still drive the occasional noob off. See you later. Maybe.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#8 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

Who will drive off all the stupid noobs like that Barack Obama (not the politician) guy, then? Anyways, I agree with you that Revora isn't much fun anymore. I'm sticking to other forums for the most part. I don't think things are going to pick back up again ever.

Shut up you stupid twat. You joined this place a few months ago. You don't have a clue what your talking about. Revora wasn't much fun then and it certainly isn't much fun now. The only time it ever was fun was back in the old days, even before I joined.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#9 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

Maybe it is still fun. Maybe you guys have just grown old and got bored of sitting on computers all the time. I know I have ;)

#10 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:25 PM

Who will drive off all the stupid noobs like that Barack Obama (not the politician) guy, then? Anyways, I agree with you that Revora isn't much fun anymore. I'm sticking to other forums for the most part. I don't think things are going to pick back up again ever.

Shut up you stupid twat. You joined this place a few months ago. You don't have a clue what your talking about. Revora wasn't much fun then and it certainly isn't much fun now. The only time it ever was fun was back in the old days, even before I joined.

Second. However, he has a slight point. Revora has been rather quiet recently. See, I think it would have been a good thing had we not scared off that Barack Obama guy, as he seemed to be able to write in a vaguely intelligent manner. I just think it's unfortunate we didn't scare off that Crazy Intellectual Liberal wanker who came nosing round here pissing everyone off.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#11 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

I've been here long enough to know that the forums were more active back in February, when I joined, and even January when I started posting as a guest, than they are now. Several mods have gone under, most have been worked on for a year or more, and 1 or 2 big ones have been finished.

You also have the spam factory. It was much more fun in early August and July.

Anyways, go to the BfME section and look at the archived mods. Every last one. Only one of them was completed. And the current mods missing coders, skinners or all sorts of things. The BfME section of Revora is dying.

Edited by King Telemnar, 30 November 2008 - 06:22 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#12 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

Think about it. That was when people didn't have work to do. Most people on Revora, really, are school kids or students. Therefore, during the summer everyone will have more time on their hands and will probably post more. I know I did, when I wasn't on holiday. Right now everyone's getting back into serious work (I've got two major essays due in before Christmas, and gave one in last week) so Revora comes second. Until you have a real workload too, stop complaining. It'll pick up again.

#13 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

I'll vouch for what vort said, it always gets slower as the year progresses, up until about early to mid december when people get off school or get holidays from work, it picks up again and then slowly startsto slow down again over the duration of the year. On that same token rev has become a hell of a lot less interesting since I joined in 04 all the people who made this place a living breathing community have either left or like me have gotten bored with the entire thing and just sit arround waiting for something interesting to happen (or people like mig who just plod along with there projects :shiftee: )
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#14 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

It always gets slower as the year progresses, up until about early to mid december when people get off school or get holidays from work, it picks up again and then slowly startsto slow down again over the duration of the year. On that same token rev has become a hell of a lot less interesting since I joined in 04 all the people who made this place a living breathing community have either left or like me have gotten bored with the entire thing and just sit arround waiting for something interesting to happen (or people like mig who just plod along with there projects :shiftee: )

QFT.

Perhaps we should try spicing it up again... maybe a community project, Rawlo? :crazed:

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#15 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

I've been here since February, and it was much more active then.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#16 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:49 AM

It rises and falls, all the time. People just like to say it's always getting worse. If it were true, at this point there wouldn't be anybody left to say it.

#17 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

Lol, youve got a serious arrogant attitude problem. Who the fuck are you to say that to anyone?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

Heres an idea, lets argue over pointless shit! That'll liven things up!

#19 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

Perhaps we should try spicing it up again... maybe a community project, Rawlo? ;)

not a chance, atleast not if I'm leading it, you remember the fiasco last time I tried?
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#20 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:40 PM

Heres an idea, lets argue over pointless shit! That'll liven things up!

No, that's a horrible idea! And you suck!

I was always bad at arguments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users