Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

Spoke with Fneep..

We're totally redoing all existing HRM buildings except for Standard Generator and the Dropship. All else will be revamped from the ground up. HRM will have no turrets at all (I was thinking of Pillboxes but Fneep doesn't want em so thats final).

I have obtained Fneep's building concepts and now will move things along based on his guidance.

The remaining HRM team consists of myself, Sasquatch, and Guardsman.

So we're working on things. Updates coming soon.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#2 TheGuardman

TheGuardman
  • Project Team
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:19 PM

Actually this may be a good thing. While Imperial Guard is always linked to the "stand ground" style warfighting technique, the truth is that the Guard fight every war the best way it can, as the General plan, the location demand, the objectives require and the regimental traditions allow.
The Famous Commissar-Colonel Gaunt would have to say: "trench warfare is centuries-old and inefficent. Have you ever read Macharius? Guilliman, at least? What about asymmetrical warfare?".

So, we can go on whitout turrets. Or use the SM one's (in fact, the SM model is borrowed from th Imperial guard one!). But for sure we can stick whit the most impressive static weapon ever seen: our beloved Earthshaker Cannon Platform, that was always been the hallmark of the HR Mod. ;)

This choice can also lead to all of a subset of parallel thoughts: traps, backfighting abilities, and such. More than I think to it, more I can devolve.
Going Asymmetrical!

#3 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

Fneep said NO TURRETS so HRM will have none. I always figured those Forgeworld Pillboxes would be useful somewhere but in HRM we're a different kind of regiment.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users