• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:14 AM

I will not be doing news releases like those that have been done for the mod before, as in all info being released before the mod is, however more limited info I can do.

I plan to make two system changes to the mod that will have some impact on the overall play.

I am currently planning to increase the commandset size from the current 14 buttons (2 x 7 arrangement) to 18 buttons (3 x 6 arrangement). This will require some changes to the commandbar arrangement but nothing to drastic. This is still in the planning phase and may get dropped if any part of it is not completely doable or causes gameplay problems. The main reason for doing this is to remove the requirement for multiple commandsets just for a few extra buttons. Drones for robot, and fake structures for GLA will be moved to the primary commandset (bottom row) and the secondary commandset will be removed.

Now time for the general selection system change:
The current system has the player choose a general before starting the game, which has its advantages (for example you know who you are against). This system will be changed to ingame selection. Before the game begins the player will choose a faction (US, China, GLA) but not a general. Once ingame the player can either choose a specific general or choose random. Once the general is chosen the dozer unit will be airdropped in. As of right now there will be no indication given to other players of what general has been chosen. AI will always just choose random. This particular change is a definite one and was also one that was intended to be implemented eventually before I took over.

#2 Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

awsome. I think this will work out very well ;)

#3 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:41 AM

I really like the idea of making the opponent general a secret, that should up the ante, so to speak. The command set change is nice as well. Not necessary, but nice. I know that having a second set queued is really annoying and as far as I remember, removes the ability to queue anything else afterwards. All in all, thank you for the update!
Ugh, why can't you just DIE? Seriously.

#4 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:19 AM

the main reason for the commandset change is actually ai. The AI cannot use the second commandset, so increasing the size will allow the AI to use all construction options.

#5 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

Ahh, very cool. That means the AI can pose even more of a challenge, even though I am somewhat of a nub, I like that!
Ugh, why can't you just DIE? Seriously.

#6 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:46 AM

The general selection system your using is similar to the one that was being used for Alpha generals I believe which EA scrapped.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#7 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

It is more or less the same system, the main difference is how powers will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users