#41 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:26 AM

I hate to say this, but i don't have a clue what you are actually doing. So i can't really point out any mistakes you are making if you don't spell it out in detail. Post your changes, all of them (regarding Boromir). In an orderly manner. Comment on your postings so your changes and why you made them (and when) are clear, sort of like a bug history.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#42 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts
  •  A newbie i am not, yet much to learn i still have

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:29 AM

I hate to say this, but i don't have a clue what you are actually doing. So i can't really point out any mistakes you are making if you don't spell it out in detail. Post your changes, all of them (regarding Boromir). In an orderly manner. Comment on your postings so your changes and why you made them (and when) are clear, sort of like a bug history.

i know that mate but all i am doing is what you guys suggest me to do and i do copy past,so calm down.Bro before puting all of the codes could you teach me how to insert the codes properly so you can see them without having to scroll??

#43 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:37 AM

CODEBOX.jpg

Edit: If you put in the scripts i reprinted above, Boromir should 'rampage' only when REALLYDAMAGED, so you should also update either his body:

MaxHealth					= BOROMIR_HEALTH	; BALANCE
		MaxHealthDamaged			= 3000
		MaxHealthReallyDamaged		= 400; this is so he can receive the REALLYDAMAGED flag

or his LuaScript (from ReallyDamaged to Damaged):

<EventList Name="BoromirFunctions" Inherit="BaseScriptFunctions">
	  <EventHandler EventName="Damaged"	ScriptFunctionName="GoIntoRampage" DebugSingleStep="false"/>   
	</EventList>

and don't forget this or he will not use the function

Behavior = AIUpdateInterface ModuleTag_03
		AutoAcquireEnemiesWhenIdle	= Yes ATTACK_BUILDINGS
		MoodAttackCheckRate = 500
		AILuaEventsList = BoromirFunctions
		RampageTime = 16000
	End

The new scriptfunction call 'ScriptFunctionName="GoIntoRampage"' must be inserted into the already exitsting '<EventList Name="BoromirFunctions"'

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 15 December 2008 - 05:44 AM.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#44 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

CODEBOX.jpg

hmmm then the problem is not mine it is because of my status in the revora forum,because i always insert codebox
as you posted in the image like this

Attached Thumbnails

• pariu.JPG

#45 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:46 AM

Man, you are quick to answer. Read my edited post above for some more info.

#46 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:49 AM

Man, you are quick to answer. Read my edited post above for some more info.

lol is it bad that i am quick to answer?well for that i am going to bad it is like like 5 am here in portugal lol it is good to be on christmas vacations lol ok mate thanks for you patience,tomorow i will have more news
good night

#47 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

:thumbsdownsmiley:

#48 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

:p

ok my german mate yesterday when i add your codes in 'scriptevents.xml' my game got all mess up so i don´t know about this

#49 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

I must admit i don't have the fortitude to explain how scriptevents and lua work. I am not saying you should give up, but you will need to apply some logic and muster the willingness to continue. I will continue to offer my insights, but writing a tutorial that is understandable with basic modding knowledge is an enterprise i am not willing to take yet.
Maybe do it like i myself did countless times when hitting a wall: Scrap it. Mod something else entirely. Take a look at it months later with a new perspective.
And then there is also the chance someone did something like this a while back, asking much the same questions. Use the search function, enter terms like 'Boromir' and/or 'Last Stand' or 'Powers', narrow down the search to the BfMe1+2 forums and watch how much modding goodness comes to you when you just go and look for it. Or do something like i did as well. Go through every single page of archived threads and peek into the ones that sound most interesting. :p

#50 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

I must admit i don't have the fortitude to explain how scriptevents and lua work. I am not saying you should give up, but you will need to apply some logic and muster the willingness to continue. I will continue to offer my insights, but writing a tutorial that is understandable with basic modding knowledge is an enterprise i am not willing to take yet.
Maybe do it like i myself did countless times when hitting a wall: Scrap it. Mod something else entirely. Take a look at it months later with a new perspective.
And then there is also the chance someone did something like this a while back, asking much the same questions. Use the search function, enter terms like 'Boromir' and/or 'Last Stand' or 'Powers', narrow down the search to the BfMe1+2 forums and watch how much modding goodness comes to you when you just go and look for it. Or do something like i did as well. Go through every single page of archived threads and peek into the ones that sound most interesting. :p

again i say already did that lol another thing you belong to the S.E.E mod right?because i saw that in that mod boromir have this hablity

#51 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  • Projects:View "About Me" Page
  •  Game Coder

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

What seems to be the probem though. I dont have enough time to read the last pages but i migh be able to help. Could someone sum up what you are trying to you sporting.

#52 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

Just read, lazy bugger! :p

#53 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

What seems to be the probem though. I dont have enough time to read the last pages but i migh be able to help. Could someone sum up what you are trying to you sporting.

the objective is add the last stand habiliy to boromir so we have tryed but still nothing :p gladly i got help from ridder geel and Sûlherokhh

#54 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:41 PM

@sporting1986: This is me just making sure you read my last post on page 2. :p

Edit: This is me admitting that I did not read YOUR last post on page 2! :p

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 15 December 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#55 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

Why cant you be more nice like sporting and sum it up or me like he did :p

But sporting, you got master coder Sûlherokhh helping you. How is it not working, is there an ERROR or will the power not work on the game.

#56 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:48 PM

again i say already did that lol another thing you belong to the S.E.E mod right?because i saw that in that mod boromir have this hablity

SO? :p It means there is a way. I had lots of troubles with Boromir. Yes i did. And i had a lot of fun learning lots of things i didn't know before. That might tell you that it isn't exactly the best thing to do when starting a mod. I'd say go ahead and copy the code. But there is lots of things hanging on this object that you would need to consider, and you'd have to try it on your own. Clone him if you like, as long he's not gonna be in a public release of your mod. If it works you can try to figure out what made it tick. :p

This was me being a bit pissed and making fun of myself! :p (signing off)

#57 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

Why cant you be more nice like sporting and sum it up or me like he did :p

But sporting, you got master coder Sûlherokhh helping you. How is it not working, is there an ERROR or will the power not work on the game.

Sûlherokhh you crazy lol anyway no there is no error simply when boromir archive level 3 he is suposed to have that hability that is something like invulnerabilty for 10 ou 20 seconds but he still dies normaly

#58 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:53 PM

Ahh, well if you copy the code then you could see what you did wrong, but if you keep trying on your own you might learn more tricks to modding. Do what you must is what i say!

And Sul (I cant learn your full name), you are crazy ;p

#59 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

Ahh, well if you copy the code then you could see what you did wrong, but if you keep trying on your own you might learn more tricks to modding. Do what you must is what i say!

And Sul (I cant learn your full name), you are crazy ;p

yes that is true i now have litle free time to this because i were binding the elven warrior so it appears silverthornarrows when upgrading their arrows,men and tought i was going to try to add this to noldor...i´m not going to do that again lol coding and a litle photo shop using for now lol i don´t now if i can say this but when seeing what special edition mod includes i saw that boromir had the last stand hability and Sûlherokhh belong to that mode i think lol so....

Edited by sporting1986, 15 December 2008 - 11:00 PM.

#60 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

Well by the sound of it, you are forcing too mch on yourself. Relax, first learn one thing at a time, start on codding, then moved to skinning. That way you have knowledge on coding, which you need to change and add new units and then you learn skinning. which you will use to change units you dont like on BFME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users