56 replies to this topic

#1 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts
  •  A newbie i am not, yet much to learn i still have

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:10 AM

When upgrading the arrows to silverthorn, fire appear in the top of the arrow and it should appear other thing like the other elvs that use silverthorn arrows,so anyone knows how to change this??so he shoots silverthorn arrows but shows fire arrows,its weird.Also i would like to change the banner carrier to a elf.
any help is most welcome

Posted Image

#2 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:31 AM

The fire arrows in hand are part of the model of the warriors, they are just flicked on and off, depending on the upgrade purchase. Same goes for BfMe2 elven archers (and mirk-archers) with their Silverthorn ammo. The flying projectile is a seperate model/fx which is simply picked in the weapon+projectile. to change the hand-held ammo you will have to remodel the elvenwarrior, removing the fireFX from the model and adding the STFX via RenX or other program. I only understand the basic of modeling and am absolutely no pro.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#3 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:23 AM

The fire arrows in hand are part of the model of the warriors, they are just flicked on and off, depending on the upgrade purchase. Same goes for BfMe2 elven archers (and mirk-archers) with their Silverthorn ammo. The flying projectile is a seperate model/fx which is simply picked in the weapon+projectile. to change the hand-held ammo you will have to remodel the elvenwarrior, removing the fireFX from the model and adding the STFX via RenX or other program. I only understand the basic of modeling and am absolutely no pro.

oh men that is a problem because i don´t know how to model to,maybe someone will teach me how to do this or maybe someone could do it for me :lol: lets see if someone have the pacience

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

Here is a tutorial by Rob38: RenX-UpgradeFX-Tutorial

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#5 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

Here is a tutorial by Rob38: RenX-UpgradeFX-Tutorial

i already triple check that tutorial but in my oppinion its not very well explained,it should explain step by step,now menus just appear and we users have to figure it out on our own :grin: but well if i understood a bit it should be like this opened the ruelfwar in renx press the renegad editor material edit just like he says in the editor but after that i don´t now what to do,after that i have to add the skin of the silverthorn as a tga format and how do i transform dds to tga??

Edited by sporting1986, 12 December 2008 - 03:32 PM.

#6 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

You use a Image CONVERTER...
http://www.the3rdage...item-49?addview
Ridder Geel

#7 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

You use a Image CONVERTER...
http://www.the3rdage...item-49?addview

I already did it,but i have a question,after editing the modelwith renx and doing that material editor i press clear,was that right?then i select the forgedblade and something like FIREARROWTIP appear and for waht i saw in the tutorial that was what i have to change so i did this

Posted Image

then i don´t now i have to press clear or something it doesn´t explain so i press clear...moving on
i select the firearrowtip and this appear

Posted Image

but after this i don´t know what to do,anyone can explain please??

#8 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

Right im not sure what you are doing, but i will read the tutorial and find out :grin:
BTW, what exactly are you trying to 'accomplish' by doing this?
Ridder Geel

#9 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

Right im not sure what you are doing, but i will read the tutorial and find out :grin:
BTW, what exactly are you trying to 'accomplish' by doing this?

if you check the rohan elven warrior now named imradil warrior in arnor,then they have the silverthorn arrow upgrade but wenever you upgrade them display the fire arrow but they shoot silverthorn understand??i want them to shoot silverthorn and the arrow should be blue and not yellow
This because i want to add them to the elvs

Edited by sporting1986, 12 December 2008 - 06:27 PM.

#10 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:51 AM

i already triple check that tutorial but in my oppinion its not very well explained,it should explain step by step,now menus just appear and we users have to figure it out on our own :) but well if i understood a bit it should be like this opened the ruelfwar in renx press the renegad editor material edit just like he says in the editor but after that i don´t now what to do,after that i have to add the skin of the silverthorn as a tga format and how do i transform dds to tga??

Uhh... the tutorial was not meant for beginners. It says you should have a basic understanding on how Renx works before reading it. :) It's more just to get the proper settings, not going step by step on how to apply a skin to a model. I may eventually write another tutorial on the basics of Renx, but it takes time and energy to do.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#11 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:05 AM

i already triple check that tutorial but in my oppinion its not very well explained,it should explain step by step,now menus just appear and we users have to figure it out on our own :) but well if i understood a bit it should be like this opened the ruelfwar in renx press the renegad editor material edit just like he says in the editor but after that i don´t now what to do,after that i have to add the skin of the silverthorn as a tga format and how do i transform dds to tga??

Uhh... the tutorial was not meant for beginners. It says you should have a basic understanding on how Renx works before reading it. :) It's more just to get the proper settings, not going step by step on how to apply a skin to a model. I may eventually write another tutorial on the basics of Renx, but it takes time and energy to do.

for us begginers it will be very tuff to learn then...a thing is mastering coding but editing the models it will be very dificult,anyway after reading a lot and searching like a crazy i discoverd that after inserting thoses values you have in your tutorial you have to export the model and then you have to bind wich is a ultra dificult process...oh men better forget this.But rob38 with all the respect when making a tutorial you should be more specific,ok you don´t have to explain step by step but you could mention what you have to do after inserting those values,and i am not shurely the first guy who thinks this.Althought for me that have a thirst for knowledge it is good because i was "forced" to find an answer lol

#12 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

for us begginers it will be very tuff to learn then...a thing is mastering coding but editing the models it will be very dificult,anyway after reading a lot and searching like a crazy i discoverd that after inserting thoses values you have in your tutorial you have to export the model and then you have to bind wich is a ultra dificult process...oh men better forget this.But rob38 with all the respect when making a tutorial you should be more specific,ok you don´t have to explain step by step but you could mention what you have to do after inserting those values,and i am not shurely the first guy who thinks this.Althought for me that have a thirst for knowledge it is good because i was "forced" to find an answer lol

But here's the issue. It's better to learn things by yourself sometimes. We can't write everything for everyone. There's simply too much to write about. I mean, I didn't have half the amount of information that is currently available when I first started modding, and I still turned out fine (I think :)). And again, my tutorial was not meant go into detail other than the Forged Blades and arrow effects part. Thus why it was in the intermediate section, not the beginner one. Did you look at my tutorial on binding? I went through in detail about binding and exporting a model so that should solve most of your problems.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#13 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

Indeed, I agree with Rob, you need to figure out some things by yourself :)
And writing tutorials does take a long time :)
You could even read the tutorials from gmax (RenX = "Mod for gmax"), they cover some basic things for all the modeling that you would do with RenX :good:
Ridder Geel

#14 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

ok..then...at first i get upset with you oppinions but we leave in a free world so what the hell.Anyway i just want a litle help i open the model select the firearrowtip open the material renegad editor insert the values for the slverthorn and press clear??after i do this will it erase the fire arrow and inserts the silverthorn arrow right?then after that i have to select again the firearrowtip and export with those values rob posted in his tuturial right?then i open that export and i have to bind the skeleton to the model,is this it?

Edited by sporting1986, 13 December 2008 - 05:19 PM.

#15 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

Well, not all of us live in a free world, but yeah, no need to get upset over this. :) Just giving some tips, that's all. Anyways, so you select FIREARROWTIP, and than hit make new renegade material button in the material editor. Than insert the values given in the tutorial. Than hit the Assign material to selection button in the Texture submenu. Your silverthorn arrows should noe be set up. From there, you can pretty much follow the binding tutorial I made and you should be good to go. :)

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#16 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

Well, not all of us live in a free world, but yeah, no need to get upset over this. ;) Just giving some tips, that's all. Anyways, so you select FIREARROWTIP, and than hit make new renegade material button in the material editor. Than insert the values given in the tutorial. Than hit the Assign material to selection button in the Texture submenu. Your silverthorn arrows should noe be set up. From there, you can pretty much follow the binding tutorial I made and you should be good to go. :evgr:

look at this after i insert the material and assign the material to selection it look like this

Posted Image

now after this do i need to export or can i start binding right now??
EDIT:i tried and tried and tried and....tried but wenever i reach the bind to wwskin01 it says can not bind would creat dependency loop,i lost my pacience...man i need help with this

Posted Image

Edited by sporting1986, 13 December 2008 - 09:48 PM.

#17 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:31 AM

After applying the texture, you can go right to binding. As for the dependency loop, you get it whenever you link the model to WWSkin01, correct? What do you have assigned in WWSkin01? Make sure only the bones are in it and not things like RUELVENWARRIOR02.

Also, don't name the models more than 14 characters long. So instead of RUELVENWARRIOR02, make it something like RUELVNWAR02. I believe making it too long causing problems seeing it in-game.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#18 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

After applying the texture, you can go right to binding. As for the dependency loop, you get it whenever you link the model to WWSkin01, correct? What do you have assigned in WWSkin01? Make sure only the bones are in it and not things like RUELVENWARRIOR02.

Also, don't name the models more than 14 characters long. So instead of RUELVENWARRIOR02, make it something like RUELVNWAR02. I believe making it too long causing problems seeing it in-game.

rob38 i change the name to RUELVNWAR02 i tried to link again the wwskin01 wich only contained RUELVNWAR02 but again the loop thing appens :evgr:

Edited by sporting1986, 14 December 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#19 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

rob38 i change the name to RUELVNWAR02 i tried to link again the wwskin01 wich only contained RUELVNWAR02 but again the loop thing appens :thumbsdownsmiley:

Well, there the problem silly. :p The WWSkin01 should only have the list of bones in it and not any of the model parts like RUELVNWAR02. You are looking at my binding tutorial, correct?

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#20 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

rob38 i change the name to RUELVNWAR02 i tried to link again the wwskin01 wich only contained RUELVNWAR02 but again the loop thing appens :thumbsdownsmiley:

Well, there the problem silly. :p The WWSkin01 should only have the list of bones in it and not any of the model parts like RUELVNWAR02. You are looking at my binding tutorial, correct?

i tried exacly as you said and still nothing in the firs wwsink01 i put the arrow,arrownock _handl...until rootdummy and firearrowtip,in the wwskin02 i put RUELVNWAR02 and in the 3rd one i put B_bowbone swordbone sheatbone but sill the same problem...and i did exactly as you said i your tutorial...i give up i tried for more than a undread times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users