3 replies to this topic

#1 zakske

zakske
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  •  Anti-Kentucky Fried Chicken Activist

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hello to everyone,

I'm kind of new to this forums but I would like to post something... hmmm, I don't even know if this is the right place to post it :p

First of all: has anyone ever heard of or played Blood? A pretty old game, made by Monolith Productions and released in 1997? ^_^
Well, if you haven't, but you want to know more about it, here you are: Blood (Video Game)

This game, IMO, was pretty good (at least for its time of release), and a sequel was made, given the name of "Blood 2: The Chosen"...

This sequel was a disappointment to a lot of fans, because it was entirely different in a lot of aspects than the first game of the series. I liked it, though, but there were a lot of issues, a lot of bugs, the music couldn't run on WinXP for example...

Now, for those who are still interested, some great modding guy, kurt, is taking a chance, after all these years, to improve the quality of the game (limited by the old engine...). He calls his mod "Blood 2: Resurrection".

Posted Image

Updates Page

I greatly admire what he has already done, and what he is still doing, but I think the support he is getting from fans isn't really great... So if there's anyone who, like me, likes the work he's doing, and who'd like to help (with any modding skills, through spreading the word or even by just giving him some support), please do it! I don't want him to be laying all of his work down because there aren't enough fans or something...

Thanks for reading this, and I hope I've caught someone's attention... :evgr:

~Zakske

PS: If anyone would like to download Blood or the sequel for free, just pm me, I don't think it's legal to post a link right here... ;)

#2 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

Well bugger me someone ELSE does know of Blood. It was a great game at the time and its still good fun to play now. The Mod Looks pretty interesting however i think that the whole concept would be better on another engine because by todays standards it would be very out dated, no matter how big a fan you are. Its a bold idea though because Blood 2: The Chosen was a big dissapointment and someone really needs to re address that issue :p

As for a download link to Blood it should be ok because its recently been classed as abandonware in which you can legally download the full game. Best site for this would be Abandonia

As for the expansion packs you'll have to find them yourself, i've only managed to find the Plasma Pak for Blood and that was hard on its own :good:
Posted Image

#3 zakske

zakske
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  •  Anti-Kentucky Fried Chicken Activist

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

Well bugger me someone ELSE does know of Blood.

I actually was surprised that there were no reactions on my thread for some time :good:

It would indeed be better to rebuild the whole game on a more recent engine, but the leader of this project is currently more or less on his own. It seems that not many people are interested in resurrecting this old game, and those, like me, who want this to happen, most of the time don't have the time, skills or dedication. It is a shame, but on the other hand understandable, that there's not much interest in this project, seeing as we are the only ones on these forums who have ever heard about it in the first place. :p

I still hope the author of this mod doesn't give up and succeeds in making a much better alternative to the current sequel of Blood :p

#4 Guest_Amplifire_*

Guest_Amplifire_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

I still hope the author of this mod doesn't give up and succeeds in making a much better alternative to the current sequel of Blood :)

Me too, I hope that he will finish his project and release it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users