#1 dethwaker3

dethwaker3

Not Smart

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • Projects:New Heros and Units Mod
  •  Unwanted

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:27 AM

Well...I just got a new computer and I want to start learning how to change colors for armor and stuff... Do I need Renx? If not, How do I colorize it using Gimp or anything?
Done with my mod: Go here to download: http://bfme2.heaveng....php?fileid=667
or go here http://forums.revora...showtopic=67026 for some screenshot

Posted Image<---- Click here for download!

Posted Image
Click here to level up my card!

#2 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:33 AM

You mean like housecolors?

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#3 dethwaker3

dethwaker3

Not Smart

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • Projects:New Heros and Units Mod
  •  Unwanted

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:36 AM

You mean like housecolors?

No. I want to change some clothes (armor) color to something like white.
Done with my mod: Go here to download: http://bfme2.heaveng....php?fileid=667
or go here http://forums.revora...showtopic=67026 for some screenshot

Posted Image<---- Click here for download!

Posted Image
Click here to level up my card!

#4 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

I believe in GIMP you do something like:
Filters->Colors->Colorify
or something within the Colors 'section' :thumbsdownsmiley:
I do not use GIMP so I wouldnt really know for sure but I believe it should work something like this :p
Ridder Geel

#5 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  • Projects:View "About Me" Page
  •  Game Coder

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

You mean like changing skins? IF thats it then you could use GIMP if you dont have Photoshop. If you do what Geel said then it will work but on all the skin, not just a section. You need to first seperate your skin into layers, GIMP supports that, then try using "colorfy" option and see if thats how you want it, otherwise you should look under that option and you will find more tools and options which are also about colors, use them until you get what you want, then you could replace the your skin with that of the model using the "RandomTexture" code in your units INI.

Edited by TheWickedOne, 15 December 2008 - 09:19 PM.

#6 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts
  •  A newbie i am not, yet much to learn i still have

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

You mean like changing skins? IF thats it then you could use GIMP if you dont have Photoshop. If you do what Geel said then it will work but on all the skin, not just a section. You need to first seperate your skin into layers, GIMP supports that, then try using "colorfy" option and see if thats how you want it, otherwise you should look under that option and you will find more tools and options which are also about colors, use them until you get what you want, then you could replace the your skin with that of the model using the "RandomTexture" code in your units INI.

hmm this is interesting,so how should i have to do if i want to add the mouth of sauron horse texture to the nazgul and change the color to a dark and what if i wanna put the horse red eyes just like the movie??

#7 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

hmm this is interesting,so how should i have to do if i want to add the mouth of sauron horse texture to the nazgul and change the color to a dark and what if i wanna put the horse red eyes just like the movie??

Well see you cant just add any texture to a model. You gotta make sure that the texture properly fits the model, which you could use RenX to check. I think the Mouth of Sauron horse model is different than that Nazgul horse model, but you could check in RenX. To add the red eyes, first seperate the eye area of the skin into another layer. Then you could recolor the eye with colorfy or another tool until its red, you can then give it some ilumination with "Level" option. I am not on my regular computer so i cant really post pictures which can show you in very detail on how to do this o im sorry for that. After you have your skin the way you want it, you will need to add another line to the units code. Add this line into the code:

RandomTexture = Old Skin.tga 0 New Skin.tga

Put the models original skin name where it says "Old Skin.tga" and your new skin name where it says "New Skin.tga". Make sure you add the texture into its proper folder and make an asset.

Edited by TheWickedOne, 15 December 2008 - 10:24 PM.

#8 sporting1986

sporting1986

Aragorn Elessar

• Members
  • 526 posts
  •  A newbie i am not, yet much to learn i still have

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

Well see you cant just add any texture to a model. You gotta make sure that the texture properly fits the model, which you could use RenX to check. I think the Mouth of Sauron horse model is different than that Nazgul horse model, but you could check in RenX. To add the red eyes, first seperate the eye area of the skin into another layer. Then you could recolor the eye with colorfy or another tool until its red, you can then give it some ilumination with "Level" option. I am not on my regular computer so i cant really post pictures which can show you in very detail on how to do this o im sorry for that. After you can your skin the way you want it, you will need to add another line to the units code. Add this line into the code:

RandomTexture = Old Skin.tga 0 New Skin.tga

Put the models original skin name where it says "Old Skin.tga" and your new skin name where it says "New Skin.tga". Make sure you add the texture into its proper folder and make an asset.

hmm i will take a look at this,i always want to change textures in game lol i learned to work with renX so now i learn to work with photoshop,i got a good version of hit so i will try this

#9 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:55 AM

I thought the Random texture was like this:
RandomTexture = New Skin.tga 0 Old Skin.tga

This really is one of the easiest things to do :thumbsupsmiley:
Even my little brother can do this :umad:

Edited by Ridder Geel, 16 December 2008 - 06:56 AM.

Ridder Geel

#10 TheWickedOne

TheWickedOne

The Unforgivable One

• Project Team
  • 422 posts
  •  Game Coder

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:01 AM

I thought the Random texture was like this:

RandomTexture = New Skin.tga 0 Old Skin.tga

This really is one of the easiest things to do :p