emulate somethin

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Supersonic

Supersonic
  • New Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 08:59 AM

u know how in generals u see the bullets comin out of the barrel. well is there a way of dointhat in ra2?

well i made this shp invisible and put the linetrail= and the length of 40 (higher the value shorter the trail) but when it comes out in goes in a arc formation. i cant fix it. i want it to go in a straight path. Level=yes doesnt work. tried everythin. so any help would be appreciated! :)
Editins ma game ;D

#2 Dave

Dave

title available

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:42 AM

hmmm... tricky....

try not using the line trailer, i think it has a hardcoded path to follow... eitheir that or it has to be changed in the art.ini settings... but I don't think so, try making an SHP to emulate the effect of the line trailer (like the thingiymajigs wot follow bullets on da matrix) is wat I surggest
Proud supporter of the FZVA
GoTo: http://www.fvza.org/

#3 Supersonic

Supersonic
  • New Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:47 AM

ah but i made a shp but nothing on it. and put it wit trail. thanks very much :)
Editins ma game ;D

#4 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:33 AM

hmmm... tricky....

try not using the line trailer, i think it has a hardcoded path to follow... eitheir that or it has to be changed in the art.ini settings... but I don't think so, try making an SHP to emulate the effect of the line trailer (like the thingiymajigs wot follow bullets on da matrix) is wat I surggest

Hes right on the line trailer, its 100% hard coded. My suggestion would be to make a new wep/firing anim.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#5 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:35 AM

try some trailer logic like I did with my faked railgun so u see bullets fly to destination if you meant that?
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#6 Supersonic

Supersonic
  • New Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:37 AM

post a screenie. i didnt get it?
Editins ma game ;D

#7 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:43 AM

something like this....? just edit the blueish thingy to some good bullet anim and your pretty much set.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#8 Dave

Dave

title available

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 01:48 PM

hmmm..... thats kool, for my RG I'm just going 2 have yuri PSI anim repeated :)

(4 those of us who don't know wat dat means... it the one on AR2 for the hovertnk)
Proud supporter of the FZVA
GoTo: http://www.fvza.org/

#9 L'Chaim

L'Chaim

Yeah, I'm still alive)))

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Odysee, First Rain

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:33 PM

Try this projectilr code. Dont change nuffin xcept name and image...

[WHATEVER]
Shadow=no
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
Image=YOUR_BULLET
ROT=1
aka Jah
Bloodlusty? Have fun! ApocRacer v1.1

• Guests

Posted 30 November 2003 - 05:11 PM

just make a projectile :) It's not like your making an infantry...It'll take a few seconds...

#11 xgamer

xgamer
  • New Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 03:54 AM

There's something called arcing=true that might be on the warhead or projectile. Check to make sure its not there.
Posted Image

#12 Supersonic

Supersonic
  • New Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:36 AM

i already found it. its Big Jah's idea it worked. thanks
only prob though is that it wont work on hills. u should know this. but has a cool effect. thanks again
Editins ma game ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users