Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 01 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

Yeah!!!

Hope you all had nice christmas and as start of the new year, here is little RS update videos wise which you can youtube watch or download.

Posted Image

so without further bullshit, videos:

Youtube SuperCharged Part1 or Download SuperCharged Part1

Youtube SuperCharged Part2 or Download SuperCharged Part2

Youtube SuperCharged Part3 or Download SuperCharged Part3

Youtube SuperCharged Part4 or Download SuperCharged Part4

note, DL links may go inactive if traffic is too high plus server move expected.

as for announcement, 2009 marks the coming of developer betas since sadly, mod is not ready for proper release so weekly basis 2 or more people are invited of the most active fans/involved so stay tuned for its launch and no, going spam forums and such now is pointless, those who have been active etc are noted for this already. :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#2 partyzanPaulZy

partyzanPaulZy

"quarawr!"

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Projects:Corruption Of Power - YR mod
  •  doing my mod alone till 1st release (then will see)

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Well, that Victory logo is still same as in RA2. :p
Otherwise it's nice!
Posted Image
"Soviet Union was a superpower and each superpower needs at least 1 war at 5 years to keep army in a good condition." ... my grandpa. USA create wars more frequently.

#3 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Dude, surely making the mod gameplay itself is more important than tiny cosmetic thing like that?

Lovin' the crazy :p

Edited by Ash, 01 January 2009 - 10:47 PM.

#4 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  No Modding skills whatsoever.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

Ice bombers?

Awesome!

And is that a naval particle cannon I see?
Posted Image
Bored.

#5 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

the gfx, the good coding....OMFG! :p
Your AI is sick. I gues this was on "Brutal Enemy"
Posted Image

#6 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:37 AM

GASP good news after my holiday! *goes to watch videos* love the new kirov gunship
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  No Modding skills whatsoever.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:54 AM

But it has no angry shark face... It can't be a kirov without it!
Posted Image
Bored.

#8 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

Yea was told about this new kirov before just never mentioned it till now I asked about it but I think it was a hassle for something like that for the blimp plus kinda looks like the 1.99 cameo now :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Well, that Victory logo is still same as in RA2. :p
Otherwise it's nice!

You are more than welcome to come our GUI Artist while we are busy on main mod :p

Ice bombers?

Awesome!

And is that a naval particle cannon I see?

Yes, Weather branch has its benefits and yeap, Zenith battleship has mean particle cannon of sorts ;)

as for Kirov, the front isn't so big (unfortunately...) so fitting it well may not pan out too great so hasn't really been tried.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#10 Cloaked Decimator

Cloaked Decimator

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

Apollo your tanks of the allied legion get bigger and more blockier everytime i see them.

and i spy those decimator assualt tanks. i'd bow to that vid if i had super low standards.

Edited by Cloaked Decimator, 02 January 2009 - 02:48 PM.

場合は、北朝鮮へのExceliza Rynexを追う見られて見て

#11 Rorsta

Rorsta

The Angel of Death

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Projects:Stepping out into the sun

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:38 AM

See this is what i was talking about i knew all this was going to happen, betas and the such :p
Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

Posted ImageThanks for the banners Gamemate
Posted Image We'll never forget you

#12 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

What do you mean?

Edited by Ash, 03 January 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#13 Rorsta

Rorsta

The Angel of Death

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Projects:Stepping out into the sun

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

well you know, i had a feeling that there was something very good about to happen, when the topic "gloating" had that message from you about the new "arsenal". i was right, generally when betas come out (and especially for this mod) it means that there's only the final touch ups to do and then the game is done. (in this case, mod) ;)
Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

Posted ImageThanks for the banners Gamemate
Posted Image We'll never forget you

#14 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:48 AM

I dunno about that that could be awhile I know the FL missile silo is only like halfway done and who knows about the special tech units etc
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

The majority of the mod is coming along swimmingly. Building art and infantry art is what the mod needs most...the trouble is that there are precisely NO infantry SHPers in the community anymore. Progress on buildings is slow without a dedicated building artist. And progress in general has been a little slowed by Apollo being ill, Christmas etc.

The majority of what is visible will be released in some form, however Apollo's move from public assets to exclusives means that infantry are the real pain since none really exist. Special infantry for NEXUS are particularly in hot demand.

And you're right - the stolen tech list still is incomplete. And with the tech branches, it's probably got bigger.

And of course Apollo can't have four such diverse sides without attempting to balance them. ;)

Edited by Ash, 04 January 2009 - 10:04 PM.

#16 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

Building art and infantry art is what the mod needs most...the trouble is that there are precisely NO infantry SHPers in the community anymore. Progress on buildings is slow without a dedicated building artist.

I want to comment RS two problems, buildings & infantry

How is building such big problem? In these videos, I didnt saw a building without a buildup. AL,FL n NX have all the buildings a side need(I think :p). But I noticed some buildings need an activate animation:
-AL consrution yard
-AL Naval Yard ;This one really need some
-FL Ore building
-FL war factory

Missing buildings:
-Osiris side
-AL,FL n NX superweapons

About infantry, I only se 3 solution(becuse its very hard):
-Use public assets
-CIV III assets(they are awesome, even Mig Eater use some)
-Dunno

comments done :p
Apollo have you ever asked Gamemate snice he left to comeback? I think you should, to finish the buildings. I mean its not a major thing for GM to finish a building, it is a small task for a talanted guy like him
Posted Image

#17 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

Plus also I've been looking into voice actors for the mod, and the issue of finding dedicated voice actors for most of the units (which I've been doing some scouting on this at this present time before doing anything else), but finding good ones who do the mod justice for free is tough, and you've got to know where to look and ask (ones atm are proxies from other games). Also if you want the really prominent ones for the main roles you have to expect to pay some healthy cash up front for whatever you're doing, that's assuming if they agree to your role and project of course.

Apollo have you ever asked Gamemate snice he left to comeback? I think you should, to finish the buildings. I mean its not a major thing for GM to finish a building, it is a small task for a talanted guy like him

We would have asked ages ago? We can't contact him anymore as he left fully.

About infantry, I only se 3 solution(becuse its very hard):
-Use public assets
-CIV III assets(they are awesome, even Mig Eater use some)
-Dunno

We already use public ones as some proxies and as for Civ 3 assets fuck no we're not using those things.

Missing buildings:
-Osiris side
-AL,FL n NX superweapons

Osiris is WIP and Nex primary SW is finished. Other primary SW are 75% done as estimate.

We are aware of what needs doing so no need to criticise, although spread the word and any potential lurkers who have talent to spare contact us to get the mod out faster :p.

Edited by Elerium, 04 January 2009 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:56 AM

I want to comment RS two problems, buildings & infantry

How is building such big problem? In these videos, I didnt saw a building without a buildup. AL,FL n NX have all the buildings a side need(I think :p).

*face palm* seriously, buildings are very workful to make even by talented guys thus motivating them to make them is often hard (MadHQ comes in mind...) and gamemate did maybe 2 buildings a month in longer periods so plz none of this no major thing bullshit...so okay basicly the first year of 2.0 building art..(nexus wallpaper x-mas)..basicly went into making nexus side building art so 12 months give or take but you get the idea...

no point for CIV inf, they are too huge and resize would lose gun details etc and they don't fill the need, I need to have a full set so I can have consistent look, now I can only dream of it.

plus the sound needs are enermous for the proper mood/setting we wish to implement and ideally we'd want new terrains too but lack of workforce/talent makes this not so promising.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#19 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

Plus also I've been looking into voice actors for the mod, and the issue of finding dedicated voice actors for most of the units (which I've been doing some scouting on this at this present time before doing anything else), but finding good ones who do the mod justice for free is tough, and you've got to know where to look and ask (ones atm are proxies from other games). Also if you want the really prominent ones for the main roles you have to expect to pay some healthy cash up front for whatever you're doing, that's assuming if they agree to your role and project of course

I could give you all RA3 Voices & Explosion sounds if you want.

although spread the word and any potential lurkers who have talent to spare contact us to get the mod out faster shiftee.gif.

I did that before :unsure: I asked Mr.Graffiti, he anwserd my PM which was a shock(it was like in May 2008) and said he would come back to help RS and Finish Powerzone(that was his mod name, right?)
Posted Image

#20 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

If you want voice actors, why dont you get people from revora to send them in?

I remember one of the generals mods that had a thread on people getting their voices into it(contra i think...)

You just put out the call, and then any that people send in you look over. if they are good you use them, if not then dont.

You could also take voices from all the other C&C games(and even other games too) :unsure:
[just make sure they are fitting. No terrorist voices for yuri or stuff like that...]

You could even use a sound editor on normal voices to make them sound all machine-like, then give them to nexus.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users