Photo

Happy New Year 2009!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

I could give you all RA3 Voices & Explosion sounds if you want.

We have all RA3 voices on request but we aren't using them as quite frankly they are awful and the explosions/weapons fire is wimpy and suckage.

If you want voice actors, why dont you get people from revora to send them in?

I remember one of the generals mods that had a thread on people getting their voices into it(contra i think...)

You just put out the call, and then any that people send in you look over. if they are good you use them, if not then dont.

You could also take voices from all the other C&C games(and even other games too) :unsure:
[just make sure they are fitting. No terrorist voices for yuri or stuff like that...]

You could even use a sound editor on normal voices to make them sound all machine-like, then give them to nexus.

You guys are giving answers which we've come to a similar conclusion or resolution from the start.. One time I requested some VA's a while ago in the recruitment topic and nobody replied.. This is why I'm looking in other places, because the C&C community isn't a voice actors community and voice acting is a wholly separate skill of its own.

We already take voices from other games than C&C.. you have listened to the RS preview vids..? We also did robotize some game voices to sound Nexus-like such as the Predator mech's voice proxy it uses at the moment as a sort of nice experiment we did. As for voice quality me and Apollo always keep our eyes on what fits and what doesn't so you might hear different voice at one stage and a better one or a temporary one to test out in other vids as everything is still a WIP with the mod. Of course as its TC and to make the mod look more professional (and look better for all of us) we always want to do our own scratchbuild voices so at the moment I'm just scouting for interesting voices online and logging them down after giving the QA check to Apollo as voices is kind of low priority. You might wonder who we plan to ask for Nexus and we know who it is :p

Edited by Elerium, 06 January 2009 - 01:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 empirecitizen

empirecitizen
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

O..Beta, I wish I had been more active in posting here.

The mods team obvioulsy are already making use of voices from other games and they have made very good choices too.
Don't you guys hear voices from Sins of a Solar Empire? They are very sci-fi-ish and fits this game.

I actually noticed the voice of the dreandnaught in the 'never ending war' video was something from SOSE but wasn't quite sure about it. Glad to see more of those voices are used. The ones from Vasarri are mean, like very mean.

#23 ivan55599

ivan55599
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:10 AM

not watched videos yet, but looks good.
voted for this in moddb.
you should update unit profiles, lest happen like to ea, when they didnt updated unit profiles for ra3
heh, there is good voices for some robot: age of empires 1 unit named stormbilly(?) :)

Edited by ivan55599, 06 January 2009 - 09:10 AM.

Fear Soviet Union and Brotherhood of Nod!

#24 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

We already take voices from other games than C&C.. you have listened to the RS preview vids..?

Ah, well i dont have the mod, so i didn't know
and i did see the videos, but you dont really hear much of the voices, and i wasn't sure where the voices that i did hear were actually from(i didn't know if they were from different games, or if you got someone to do them)

Also, if you didn't get any replies, then maybe you should post around more. You have to get peoples attention. maybe people didn't notice it, all tucked away in here as it is
(especially if it wasn't on the 'latest post' thing. If someone else got posted in after then no one will notice that topic unless they go around in that section and find it)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  No Modding skills whatsoever.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

I might be able to do some voices, but I'd need to know what unit I'm doing the voice for, and what kinda of persona you want for it.
Posted Image
Bored.

#26 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

I might be able to do some voices, but I'd need to know what unit I'm doing the voice for, and what kinda of persona you want for it.

What kind of accent can you do? Like Russian, Chinese, English NA or German, etc but sure we can trial ya out ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

Baawww I isn't active enough for a beta am I? :x
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

#28 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Uhh... I Often talk with a fake russian accent when playing games online, but I was kinda just planning to improvise. If you didnt like it, I'd try a different voice.

But anyway, we'll have to put that on hold, My Mic broke yesterday :(
Posted Image
Bored.

#29 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

I noticed that the kirov is very nice.
Is it the same as this one?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

No...or if it is based upon it it is greatly modified.

I do like that truck and the harvestery looking thing tho. What mod is that?

#31 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

its Issly private mod. He make these amazing voxels(top skills), and some say he will never release it.
But if Apollo ask him, he may give him some voxels(cus he is fan or Robot Storm :p)
(can show more voxels if you want)

Edited by FallenDwarf, 19 January 2009 - 01:08 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

its Issly private mod. He make these amazing voxels(top skills), and some say he will never release it.
But if Apollo ask him, he may give him some voxels(cus he is fan or Robot Storm :p)
(can show more voxels if you want)

Yes, I have played his mod already and he gave the kirov ages ago plus his current in the mod is jet engine propelled no propeller/rotor system anymore, no need to post pics, i have seen mostly all of his and more :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#33 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

Yes, I have played his mod already

what mod would that be? :p (d/L?)
Posted Image

#34 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

what mod would that be? ;) (d/L?)

Issly's :rolleyes: and sorry no DL, Issly msn sent it to me but besides those soviet voxels, there isn't much anything else. If you want it, guess you have to talk to Issly :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#35 FallenDwarf

FallenDwarf

title available

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

what mod would that be? :D (d/L?)

Issly's :p and sorry no DL, Issly msn sent it to me but besides those soviet voxels, there isn't much anything else. If you want it, guess you have to talk to Issly ;)

PM me hes msn if his mod contains the mobile ICBM :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#36 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

*Bumpety Bump*

Happy New Year (kinda late i know :p)

Whats going on here then? Just cause i've not been very active doesn't mean you can slow down your productions! :D
Posted Image

#37 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

*Bumpety Bump*

Happy New Year (kinda late i know :p)

Whats going on here then? Just cause i've not been very active doesn't mean you can slow down your productions! :D

Well, development is going on behind the scenes regards intended developer beta stage launch. Unfortunately it slowed down more as attempts to speed it up by freelancers aren't working out as expected. :p

Will be interesting to launch it once done and see some crazy games of good 'ol competitive RS nature... can't wait :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#38 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

For voices have you considered Series 9 from KKND2?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#39 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:24 AM

For voices have you considered Series 9 from KKND2?

Yes, got limited lines like "Anger activated", "Death mode on" but no haven't used. Thanks for suggestion, if comes tight, may re-check them.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#40 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

I could be gentle about this, or I could be blunt.

Oh hey, I'll be blunt.

Can we have RS2.0 betas now? :p
Posted Image
Bored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users