WOTR - Crash after selecting hero

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hamburg100

hamburg100
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

hi, my problem is, that the game collapses as soon as i select a hero in wotr-mode after fighting a realtime-battle with him. (i mean these heroes you`ve got from the beginning) this only happens with drogoth and the fellbeasts- i guess...didn`t tried them all.

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Did you change any files that have to do with the WOTR?
Ridder Geel

#3 hamburg100

hamburg100
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

i`ve got the see-mod. guess this is the problem. i tried to change all livingworld files with the original 1.06 files but they were equal and the same error appeared. i noticed that i had this problem with the fellbeasts but not with the witchking, so i replaced the fellbeasts with normal nazguls (used livingworlddefaultarmies and livingworldstartingunits) and the problem was solved...at least i think so. i just made a testing-game and it`s working but it seems that the game crashes randomly sometimes. i selected the nazgul and allthoug i just moved him on the map at the last turn, the game crashed. i loaded my savegame, did the same things and: no crash.

#4 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

So its an SEE glitch? they would want to know about it if it is :)
Ridder Geel

#5 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

If you want to know more about the crash, Click Me. :D

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#6 hamburg100

hamburg100
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

allright, so it is the mod which causes the crash. guess it`s challenging but it would be worth finding the problem, so see could support wotr.

#7 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:59 AM

The problem is actually quite apparent. The campaign (wotr) is arranged with certain objects (heroes, castles, resource+barracks structures), which are not used anymore by S.E.E. and replaced by different objects. This discrepancy between living world objects and skirmish objects causes the game to crash.
3 reasons why i am not exactly eager to fix it:
1. Apart from updating all the references to objects, there is also the autoresolve (relative unit strengths) and livingworld vs. skirmish upgrades issue to resolve
2. It's a lot (and i mean A LOT) of boring work to do, especially in the face of the next point
3. The wotr AI is stupid and hardcoded, so it's impossible to fix it.

If you want to do it, be my guest. I have better things to do. :D
Since there is going to be a lot of additional objects and upgrades to include and balance every single release means even more work.
And all that before even the actual game balance is done. :(

There probably isn't going to be a wotr version for S.E.E., not unless someone ports it all over to RotWK. But THAT is an amount of work i wish on nobody, and i have a VERY good idea what would have to be done. Basically EVERYTHING!! :rolleyes:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#8 hamburg100

hamburg100
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

wow, i can understand that. i wouldn`t have patience to do this either. ok guess that`s it for now. thanks again for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users