• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

The Red Alert 3 expansion 'Uprising' has been officially announced on the Official C&C site. However this looks a little different to the last few C&C expansions we've seen recently as it appears this will be a stand-alone game.

EA's COMMAND & CONQUER RED ALERT 3 RETURNS WITH AN UPRISING

Epic Campaign Expansion for Award-Winning
Real-Time Strategy Favorite Hits PCs This March

The third iteration of the Command & Conquer franchise's beloved Red Alert series is returning with Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising exclusively for the PC. An epic single-player campaign expansion, the standalone title catapults players deeper into the Red Alert universe, giving them more of the action-packed gameplay they have been clamoring for, while offering a gauntlet of new and compelling challenges with the new Commander's Challenge mode. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising will be available for digital download this March.

"Uprising is a game that in many ways reflects the feedback we have gotten from the Command & Conquer community," said Amer Ajami, Senior Producer at EA Los Angeles. "We're giving gamers more of what they want - more of the fast, fluid and fun gameplay, more of the story we began to tell in Red Alert 3 and more cutscenes featuring top-notch Hollywood talent. At the same time, we're excited we're going to be able to bring new things to the mix, including new units and the Commander's Challenge, which is a great way for players to hone their skills and get deeper into the combat."

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising takes players into the aftermath of the epic battles in Red Alert 3, with the Soviets still reeling from a crushing defeat, the Empire of the Rising Sun desperately trying to regain both honor and identity and the seemingly victorious Allies finding themselves in the midst of corruption and deceit within their own ranks. In addition to four mini-campaigns, one for each faction and one bonus campaign centered on the origins of the Empire of the Rising Sun's commando Yuriko, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising will also introduce the new Commander's Challenge, enabling the players to test their skills against a set of nine commanders from different territories and difficulty levels in 50 unique challenges with their own special rules and unique conditions.

In true Command & Conquer fashion, top Hollywood talent will be delivering the gripping story in full HD live-action cinematics. Fan favorites Gemma Atkinson and Ivana Milicevic will make their stunning return to the high ranks of the Allied and Soviet leaderships and will be joined by an all new set of stars, who will be announced soon.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising is a standalone game and does not require Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 to play. This product has not yet been rated by the ESRB, PEGI or USK. For more information about Red Alert 3, please stay tuned right here at RedAlert3.com.

Read All About It.

#2 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

And holy shit! Too soon. I'm over this already :)

#3 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

More example of EA cash-leeching.

They might as well have just delayed original game 3 months and included whatever content this expansion will include in it.

Expansions are supposed to be a year down the line, when the game is starting to trail off its 'interest-wave', not while the game is still at its premium price.

#4 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

What was the hold up Duke? This news was announced 2 days ago :).
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#5 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:55 AM

So this will be sorta like the crysis expansion thing, how you can just buy it on its own and it still works?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 ivan55599

ivan55599
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:36 AM

tiberium troop... eh desolator's guns looks less dangerous than in ra2
many x-packs=moar €£$!

Fear Soviet Union and Brotherhood of Nod!

#7 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

I still need to know how can be used a "naginata mech" unit :wink_new: Does the expansion bring the same "melee" and "ranged" logic used in Warcraft 3? I've seen Archers too...LOL it remembers me night elves archer + huntress :thumbsupsmiley:

I prefered the precision bomber as buildable aircraft rather than giant. Is it an epic unit?

And...no Yuri? I've read lots of people wanted him in the expansion....I'm quite doubtful about this expasion.

Edited by Rygar, 11 January 2009 - 04:02 PM.

Together with best modders since 2003.

#8 ivan55599

ivan55599
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

And...no Yuri? I've read lots of people wanted him in the expansion....I'm quite doubtful about this expasion.

this is 1 of many ways how ea destroyed most people hearts

btw heh same japse archers like in judge dredd :wink_new:

Fear Soviet Union and Brotherhood of Nod!

#9 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

LOL, it seems a medieval war game rather than a "modern" RTS...

#10 Guest_zeroagent_*

Guest_zeroagent_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

Please no epic units. That ruins the game. Not to mention CNC3's expansion were just bigger versions of each faction's strongest unit.

And I do agree with the posts about EA milking us and should have released it now instead of earlier to work things out better.

#11 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

What was the hold up Duke? This news was announced 2 days ago :p.

I was hoping some of the other *staff members* would have done it but no one did. :rolleyes:

#12 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:16 AM

Please no epic units. That ruins the game.

2l8... :rolleyes:

#13 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

well im not going to buy this after shelling out 120$ for the premiere edition, screw ea half the games ive bought from them dont even spin up in my pc (angrilly shakes fist at ea)

#14 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

It's EA Store only. I certainly wouldn't buy it, even if I'd bothered with RA3. I've yet to hear much good about EA Store. Not to mention most of their stuff can only be bought in certain territories. Sorry AUS - no expansion pack for you >.<

#15 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:14 AM

Screenshots, concept, etc:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#16 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

And a couple of interesting interviews:

http://pc.ign.com/ar...7/947646p1.html

http://gamespot.com/...tml?sid=6203215
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#17 Rygar

Rygar

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

A screenshot with desolator, reaper (seems an upgraded sickle) and (amphibious?) grinder

Posted Image

Edited by Rygar, 29 January 2009 - 08:20 AM.

#18 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Lol, pretty cool Desolator.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

Oh wow. The Grinder Tanks is amphibious!

Bye Bye Shogun Battleships!!! :p
Posted Image

#20 MadHQ

MadHQ

Killer of all things!

• Project Team
  • 1,435 posts
  • Projects:Kinky Spam bath's!
  •  This is the blue text!

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

Ya I will also not be buying this game on-line... Im sure they will release it on DVD some time. So I will just wait.
Zomba Productions - Click here!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users