20 replies to this topic

#1 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

well, i was wondering what other peoples zombie plans are.

but firstly, a zombie plan is someones plan incase of a zombie outbreak. (lol)

my plan is this: go to my local mcdonalds. then barricade it, and stay there listening to the radio with other people. then when the army makes a messae about an extraction to a safe zone then go there.

so whats your zombie plan?

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

http://forums.revora...showtopic=56577
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

Thread duplication ftw!

#4 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

At least this one's in the right forum.

I'd get all of the guns I have in my house, all of the ammo, supplies, and my precious guitar :p and find a good spot to hide, and do something like the Nazi Zombies! thing on CoD WaW with my friend there, stuck in a corner with 2 hot women by us, and we're each watching two different window they could get to us from.

Edited by myself, 12 January 2009 - 04:39 AM.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#5 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Screw you people. One of my friends has an airplane. Rifle+ice axe+food/water+airplane=survival.

Posted Image

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

airports overrun by zombies = you dieing
running out of fuel midair = you dieing
super mutant flying zombies(dont say it wont happen) = you dieing

the odds are stacked against you with that one...

Realisticly, i would be really scared and probably hide at my house, till finally the zombies get me, or i ran out and try to get away but the zombies get me

Otherwise i'd go in there with a used tissue and a half eaten banana and own all those zombies! seriously, im just that awesome.

or i would stay here in Australia, the only place that doesn't get over-run by zombies. :p

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Well, as we're now taking this slightly seriously, or so it seems, it depends which home I was in. At my parents' house, I would barricade the windows, shift everything in from the garage (includes masses of food, hatchets, two swords and a chainsaw), keep my heavy and awesome sword well-sharpened and not go out until we were running low on food, then make a dash for my mum's car (which is big enough for all six of my family) while swinging wildly with my sword until I killed everything in the vicinity. I daresay my dad and my brother would help me.

Were I in Sheffield, however, I would head straight for the Richard Roberts Building. It's mostly for Chemistry students, so it has labs for working on a cure, tons of freezers for food, and only two entrances, so easily defensible. It also has an underground garage for driving our armoured car out of later on when we're settled and becoming awesome. I'm all set.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#8 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

Four Words: Barricade Myself In Walmart.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#9 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:29 AM

airports overrun by zombies = you dieing
running out of fuel midair = you dieing
super mutant flying zombies(dont say it wont happen) = you dieing

1. It's a small private craft, not a Boeing 747. Which means you can land it pretty much anywhere. Roads are good, so long as they aren't being used, which they won't be during a zombie invasion.

2. We're not that stupid. And even if you run out of fuel, you can still fly a plane like a glider and land it safely.

3. Everyone's dead. I'm counting on that not happening, because I can't do anything about it.

Posted Image

#10 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

1. It's a small private craft, not a Boeing 747. Which means you can land it pretty much anywhere. Roads are good, so long as they aren't being used, which they won't be during a zombie invasion.

2. We're not that stupid. And even if you run out of fuel, you can still fly a plane like a glider and land it safely.

3. Everyone's dead. I'm counting on that not happening, because I can't do anything about it.

1. What exactly is it? The make and model? Landing it anywhere depends on several things but you also have to remember, once you get it down on the ground, you might not be able to take off again for several reasons. So landing on long straight roads are good, not a field.

2. That depends what its glide ratio is. If it has short stubby wings, your glide performance will be very minimal and you will be landing ahead quite shortly

3. If you take a shotgun up with you, I'm sure you could smash the canopy and gun them out of the sky, or stick it out of a DV panel!
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#11 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

hey i actually click on that link and its not about a zombocalypse (apocalypse caused by zombies) but like apocalypse's like nuclear war and global warming and other Propaganda

#12 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

hey i actually click on that link and its not about a zombocalypse (apocalypse caused by zombies) but like apocalypse's like nuclear war and global warming and other Propaganda

1. Hey
2. clicked
3. apocalypses
4. Global Warming is not an apocalypse. It's a phenomenon which continuously causes an ever-so-slight atmospheric temperature increase, and is a part of natural heating/cooling cycles of the Earth, probably helped along by manmade pollution.
5. propaganda
6. .
7. "Propaganda" is not used correctly here. Propaganda is not an apocalypse. Propaganda cannot cause an apocalypse. Propaganda is good for making massive amounts of people believe something, and is typically used by 98% of governments out there to enslave the masses. Don't believe me? Look at the USSR, America, Britain, France, Germany, Russia, the Roman Empire... anywhere, at any time in history, any government which has enemies has used propaganda.
The Romans were told that the Gauls and the Britons were complete heathens who eat babies and rape women etc. when, in fact, they had a well-developed social structure and way of life.
The U.S. told every single citizen that the USSR was the enemy and communism was evil and whatnot. A good number of people I know will agree that, while never attainable, a pure, perfect form of communism would work beyond imagination in the U.S.
And I wrote both of those without thinking. I'm sure if I sat here for another twenty minutes and thought about it I could come up with more examples.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#13 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hey Copa, you forgot something:

1. I
2. it's

That was really a terrible post. Phew... *wipes brow*

Anyway, yeah, propaganda cannot cause the apocalypse. Use of propaganda could simply make you believe something not responsible for causing it did in fact cause it. Propaganda is a fancy word for lies. Incidentally, it was first used by Augustus Caesar, the first emperor of Rome.

#14 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

Well thank you. 7/9 isn't too bad, considering I went through it quickly...

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#15 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Was there any need to do so? Or are you just trying to make yourself look more intelligent by picking up on other people's mistakes?
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#16 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

Or are you just trying to make yourself look like more of a dick by having a go at someone who pointed out a very poorly written post and went through the errors contained therein? Seems about right to me.

#17 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

There are poorly written posts all around the forum. Seems like a giant waste of time to actually go through one and correct it like a teacher does with primary school children. It's going to make fuck all difference to either person; it's irritating to see and makes you look like a twat.
Posted Image

#18 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

There are poorly written posts all around the forum. Seems like a giant waste of time to actually go through one and correct it like a teacher does with primary school children. It's going to make fuck all difference to either person; it's irritating to see and makes you look like a twat.

1. It would seem that way, wouldn't it? Sometimes, people just like helping other people learn. That's why there are some halfway decent teachers out there.

2. Actually... Vortigern and I have someone who can attest to the contrary. His username is some_weirdGuy, perhaps you've heard of him. And if you haven't, he's decently intelligent and seems like a pretty cool guy. He took to our criticisms like a sponge to water. He has actually posted in this thread, btw.

3. If it's irritating to see, don't bother reading it. Nothing is stopping you from taking one look at it and then either scrolling up or down the page so that you can no longer see the post. Nothing is stopping you from hitting the back button. If it was actually irritating you that much, you simply wouldn't look at it. You wouldn't bother making criticisms of people who merely want a half-legible post which follows the conventions of written English.

But no, that simply won't do for you, will it? You've got to make some big scene about it in some half-assed attempt to assert your internet-based pseudo-manliness. I mean, seriously. Come up with something original once in a while, yeah? "oooh your picking on people cuz they dont type right your a big meanie" is really overdone. Not to mention, it has me trembling at my keyboard. It's taking me three minutes per keystroke my hands are shaking so bad.

4. Honestly, me taking time out of my day to help someone with their English makes me (and/or Vortigern) look like a vagina? Seriously? A vagina looks like an intelligent post which abides by the rules of the English language and helps someone understand said rules? OMFG NO WAY! ... Oh, wait. I forgot something. You've never seen one in real life, nor will you ever. Sorry bud. Better luck insulting me next time.

Edited by Copaman, 22 January 2009 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

#19 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

1. It would seem that way, wouldn't it? Sometimes, people just like helping other people learn. That's why there are some halfway decent teachers out there.

You deluded fool. Did you honestly have that thought in mind? "Oh, I better help him learn that he is shit at constructing a basic sentence. Maybe pointing out his blatantly obvious mistakes and showing him up to be an idiot will help him learn." If only there were more people in the world like you....

2. Actually... Vortigern and I have someone who can attest to the contrary. His username is some_weirdGuy, perhaps you've heard of him. And if you haven't, he's decently intelligent and seems like a pretty cool guy. He took to our criticisms like a sponge to water. He has actually posted in this thread, btw.

That's great. Well done. You should feel proud of yourself.

3. If it's irritating to see, don't bother reading it. Nothing is stopping you from taking one look at it and then either scrolling up or down the page so that you can no longer see the post. Nothing is stopping you from hitting the back button. If it was actually irritating you that much, you simply wouldn't look at it. You wouldn't bother making criticisms of people who merely want a half-legible post which follows the conventions of written English.

It was obviously legible, otherwise you wouldn't be able to patronise him by correcting his mistakes.

But no, that simply won't do for you, will it? You've got to make some big scene about it in some half-assed attempt to assert your internet-based pseudo-manliness. I mean, seriously. Come up with something original once in a while, yeah? "oooh your picking on people cuz they dont type right your a big meanie" is really overdone. Not to mention, it has me trembling at my keyboard. It's taking me three minutes per keystroke my hands are shaking so bad.

Sounds to me like your describing Parkinson’s disease, not being scared. Your new found vocabulary has succeeded in making you look like an arrogant ring piece and you've overlooked the fact that all I was doing was pointing out that there was no need to do what you did. Even more so because you fucked up your own post trying to perfectly correct other people’s mistakes and you can't even see your own being the blind idiot you are. So quick to jump in and attempt to make yourself look better than other people in a hope that you might be more respected.

4. Honestly, me taking time out of my day to help someone with their English makes me (and/or Vortigern) look like a vagina? Seriously? A vagina looks like an intelligent post which abides by the rules of the English language and helps someone understand said rules?

Oh you noble soul! You kind person! Will you be giving out toys to African children next? You self -indulgent turd. I'm sure Segwayrulz can sleep easy tonight knowing you have reached out to him to give him a helping hand in life.

OMFG NO WAY! ... Oh, wait. I forgot something. You've never seen one in real life, nor will you ever. Sorry bud. Better luck insulting me next time.

Standard pre-teen insult. It honestly makes fuck all difference to me what you want to assume. Go ahead; I'm sure it will make you feel better about your own insecurities.
Posted Image

#20 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

EDIT: On second thought, I'm done with you. I've made my points, and said what I felt needed to be said on my part. Your responses don't even come close to meriting another flame-post on my behalf. The one thing I will say: I learned about this new word in school today. The kids said it was called sarcasm. I wonder what it means...

Edited by Copaman, 22 January 2009 - 11:23 PM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users